How do I load photos ‘directly’ into forum posts?

Comments, questions, suggestions, criticism... anything at all about the website. This is also the place for member introductions

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

TSMIV
Vice Admiral

How do I load photos ‘directly’ into forum posts?

#1 Post by TSMIV »

Hi folks,

Wondering if I could please seek your help? My family and I were lucky enough to visit Pahonu lately and I’m keen to load up my photos onto the Magnum-mania (MM) site. I’ve previously loaded photos onto the MM website with no issue - this was achieved by using the Photobucket site (i.e. copying the photo details (some sort of URL link) from Photobucket into the post that I place on the MM forum).

I just tried to use the same technique to load up my latest photos into the MM forum but have failed dismally :( - after posting the above mentioned ‘URL link’ in my MM post and the clicking ‘submit’, a message along the lines of the following appears in my MM post ‘you need to upgrade your Photobucket profile in order to enable third party hosting’

Would anyone please be able to suggest a method by which I could ‘directly’ post my photos into my MM posts as I previously could? - i.e. so that my photo was immediately visible in to my MM post - i.e. without the reader being required to click on a link etc to access my photo (which is not my preference).

Any and all advice would be most gratefully received. :lol: I’m cognisant that (i) my query most probably falls into the ‘stupid question’ category and (ii) the same question has almost certainly already been answered on this MM site. Accordingly many thanks for your help and patience ion assisting me! :)

308GUY
Fleet Admiral

Re: How do I load photos ‘directly’ into forum posts?

#2 Post by 308GUY »

PB changed "the rules" last year....they want $$$$$ now.

As far as I know, you still use the same procedure to post pics, but you have to find a new/different site to "host" the pics.

I can't really advise you as to which is the best but I'm sure sooner or later some one of the good folks here that do know will be along to help.

In the meantime, here's some to peruse:

https://www.google.com/search?ei=lwHvWr ... zHOgbauzgQ

Hope you get it working, post haste, as I for one, always enjoy seeing new pics of the estate, especially now that's it's "gone". :(
"C'mon TC...nothing can go wrong!"

TSMIV
Vice Admiral

#3 Post by TSMIV »

308GUY wrote:PB changed "the rules" last year....they want $$$$$ now.

As far as I know, you still use the same procedure to post pics, but you have to find a new/different site to "host" the pics.

I can't really advise you as to which is the best but I'm sure sooner or later some one of the good folks here that do know will be along to help.

In the meantime, here's some to peruse:

https://www.google.com/search?ei=lwHvWr ... zHOgbauzgQ

Hope you get it working, post haste, as I for one, always enjoy seeing new pics of the estate, especially now that's it's "gone". :(
Hi 308GUY,

Many thanks indeed for that, I really appreciate it! :D Given that I thought that I was going mad (!), your explanation is most gratefully received.

I’ll take a look at the Google references that you sent through and do my best to determine an alternate method of ‘directly’ loading up the photos.

Thanks again for taking the time to help me, I really appreciate it. Rest assured that the photos will be loaded up shortly! :!: :magnum:

Kwai Bridge
Captain

#4 Post by Kwai Bridge »

Use imgur to upload then right click on the photo to copy direct link which you then insert using the "img" forum function. 8)

ENSHealy
Fleet Admiral

#5 Post by ENSHealy »

I'm using imageshack. You're limited to something like a 3 week free trial, but so far I've just used 2 different email addresses to set up consecutive free accounts, and when the free period expires, the previously uploaded pics still work, you just can't upload new ones. I wonder how many email addresses I will eventually have?
Ensign Healy
Scholar in Residence
The Institute for Advanced Magnum Studies

"I woke up one day at 53 and realized I'd never been 23."

Kwai Bridge
Captain

#6 Post by Kwai Bridge »

Why not just use imgur? No account needed, and the images never expire.

TSMIV
Vice Admiral

#7 Post by TSMIV »

Kwai Bridge wrote:Use imgur to upload then right click on the photo to copy direct link which you then insert using the "img" forum function. 8)
Hi Kwai Bridge,

Many thanks for taking the time to help me out, very much appreciated indeed! :lol: Valuable tips such as yours will hopefully enable me to load up my photos in the near future.

Thanks again

TSMIV
Vice Admiral

#8 Post by TSMIV »

ENSHealy wrote:I'm using imageshack. You're limited to something like a 3 week free trial, but so far I've just used 2 different email addresses to set up consecutive free accounts, and when the free period expires, the previously uploaded pics still work, you just can't upload new ones. I wonder how many email addresses I will eventually have?
Hi there Ensign Healy,

Thats a great tip - thanks very much! It's always great getting helpful tips from friendly Mania Mania folk such as yourself. 8)

(Keep on generating those new email addresses! :D )

Thanks again

ENSHealy
Fleet Admiral

#9 Post by ENSHealy »

Kwai Bridge wrote:Why not just use imgur? No account needed, and the images never expire.
Thanks for the tip, I have switched over to imgur. It works especially nice with the pre-coded bulletin board/forum link format they provide.
Ensign Healy
Scholar in Residence
The Institute for Advanced Magnum Studies

"I woke up one day at 53 and realized I'd never been 23."