Magnum Mania - The past, present and future.

Comments, questions, suggestions, criticism... anything at all about the website. This is also the place for member introductions

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

Doc Ibold
Maniac Emeritus

Magnum Mania - The past, present and future.

#1 Post by Doc Ibold »

Greetings Magnum Maniacs!

Now that James has made the announcement that he is stepping down from a long and illustrious career of hosting and administering the greatest site on the Internet, Magnum Mania!, I'm sure you're wondering what this entails for the future of the site and what my stance on issues may be.

I think this can easily be summed up in one phrase:

"If it ain't broke, don't try and fix it"

I view my new duties not as an agent of change for changes sake, but rather keeping Magnum Mania alive and as vibrant as ever. When James contacted me about potentially stepping in for him (There is no replacing J.J. Walters), I will admit I was somewhat nervous about committing to such a daunting task.. but I was determined to keep this site alive and free for all to use in order to share their appreciation of one of the greatest shows of all time.

A few things of note on my style:

1) I plan on taking James' hands off approach to forum activity. I believe the forum members do a good job of policing themselves and will continue to do so.

1a) I do insist that we keep the forums civil. It is truly one of the more pleasant forums to be on, and that will not change on my watch. While I believe everyone has a right to their opinion, I do not and will not tolerate trolling. As long as everyone treats each other with respect and are open minded to other viewpoints and perspectives, I will maintain my hands off approach. With that being said, I do monitor the forums almost daily, so I will be keeping an eye on things (as are the moderators) and will not hesitate to step in if I feel it is necessary.

2) While I plan on keeping the site operating as it always has, I will be looking forward to new Magnum related content, and am open to seeing what some of you have in mind. PM me (preferred) or send me a note at steve@magnum-mania.com.

2a) I will be working with James to ensure the transistion is as smooth as possible, so content may take a little longer to post as I get acclimated to my new role.

3) I am available, but not ever present. I will try and respond to any PMs & emails as soon as possible, so please be patient if I don't get back to you immediately.

4) I am not a huge "flub" guy. I think we have created quite a large repository of flubs and documented them on the site and that suits our purpose quite well. Obviously, if you want to point them out in the particular episode forum, by all means do so. Unless it is a particularly glaring flub.. I will probably not be adding it to the episode guide.

5) I do not tolerate hate speech, on any grounds. If you post something that is patently offensive or in extremely poor taste, I will issue one warning and then file the necessary action if that warning isn't heeded.

So in closing, let's take a moment and congratulate James on all of his hard work on this site and give him a hand for a well deserved break (and appreciate that he will still have a presence on the forums). Magnum Mania will not be changing, have ads, or have any major dispution in how it currently operates.

Thanks much!

Steve (aka Doc Ibold)

ConchRepublican
COZITV Magnum, P.I. SuperFan / Chief Barkeep - Flemingo Key

Re: Magnum Mania - The past, present and future.

#2 Post by ConchRepublican »

"Meet the new boss, same as the old boss" :wink:

Congrats on the honor Steve! I couldn't think of a better choice to continue J.J.'s work. :magnum:
CoziTV Superfan spot
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPTmsykLQ04

Kalai-pahoa
Captain

#3 Post by Kalai-pahoa »

Congrats Doc, and thank you so much J.J. :D
I know what you're thinking, but this time you're wrong.

MikeS
Admiral

#4 Post by MikeS »

ConchRepublican wrote:"Meet the new boss, same as the old boss" :wink:

Congrats on the honor Steve! I couldn't think of a better choice to continue J.J.'s work. :magnum:
Pretty much sums it up :D
MikeS

IKnowWhatYoureThinking
Macho Taco & Coops Connoisseur

#5 Post by IKnowWhatYoureThinking »

Congrats Steve!

rubber chicken
Master Location Sleuth

#6 Post by rubber chicken »

I'm checking in after a few months of absence so I'm just now reading this thread. Thank you Steve for taking on the responsibility of looking after Magnum Mania. The site is in good hands.

Styles Bitchley
Magnum Wristwatch Aficionado / Deputy SpamHammer

#7 Post by Styles Bitchley »

Great knowing you're at the helm Steve.
"How fiendishly deceptive of you Magnum. I could have sworn I was hearing the emasculation of a large rodent."

- J.Q.H.