view active topics

Comments, questions, suggestions, criticism... anything at all about the website. This is also the place for member introductions

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

MikeS
Admiral

view active topics

#1 Post by MikeS »

view active topics seems to be disabled - bummer :cry:

view unanswered posts functions for guests, unread and new for those logged in. view active topics is imo the best way to see what's happenin' over a greater period of time on the forums, would be nice to have it for both guests and members.

i have 8 or 9 phpbb forums in bookmarks, all but magnum mania have this feature enabled, i personally find it very usefull.
MikeS

J.J. Walters
Founding Father

Re: view active topics

#2 Post by J.J. Walters »

'Active Topics' enabled.

Thanks for pointing this out. I didn't even know this was a feature. ;)
Higgins: It's not a scratch! It's a bloody gouge!

MikeS
Admiral

Re: view active topics

#3 Post by MikeS »

J.J. Walters wrote:'Active Topics' enabled.

Thanks for pointing this out. I didn't even know this was a feature. ;)
Hi J.J.

Thanks for the effort but it isn't working for me, even when logged in. You need to be in the subforum first, what I was referring to was starting from the root - Board Index, clicking View active topics will pull all the subforum posts with the default being the last 7 days - you don't need to be in the subforum.

I'll try a last time with a few phpBB examples, their safe forums :)

When you go to the forum main page, straight-away click View active topics (upper left), the Python programming foum will likely have 2 or 3 pages of posts, AutoPatcher maybe a page.

... http://python-forum.org/
... http://www.autopatcher.net/forum/

just tried it and the Python forum found 3 pages (67 matches), AutoPatcher, 1 page (10 matches), default search is for the last 7 days. If you do the same thing here you get No suitable matches were found (0) - that message is telling me no one has posted in any subforum for the last week. It should have atleast found my 2 previous posts but it didn't.

Hope this helps :)
MikeS