hello

Comments, questions, suggestions, criticism... anything at all about the website. This is also the place for member introductions

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

brett
Ensign

hello

#1 Post by brett »

Hello everyone,
Just wondered if anyone knows the status of an upcoming reunion or remake of Magnum P.I. and also the status of the Jesse Stone series

308GUY
Fleet Admiral

Re: hello

#2 Post by 308GUY »

Hi brett...welcome to Magnum Mania.

Your questions have been the topic of discussion for quite some time. Problem is, no definitive answer seems to be available.

We've all agreed at some point or another, that we'd love to see a movie and/or a remake of MPI, but it just doesn't seem to be in the cards. If you look around the forum, you'll undoubtedly run across several different conversations centered around both of those subjects. As time passes, the possibility of a movie, at least one with any/all of the original cast, becomes less and less feasable. Nobody seems to like the idea of recasting the parts with new actors, and I agree, it just wouldn't be the same, but none of us are getting any younger, including the original cast members.

A remake also still remains a possibility, but it would have to be spearheaded by somebody in the industry with ties to, or at least knowledge of, the original, it has been suggested by more than a few people, including myself. Some have even gone as far as putting together their own pilot script, some of which were pretty good, at least in my opinion.

Bottom line is, nobody that I know of has any idea if/when anything beyond what already exists will ever come to fruition...but we can always hope. :magnum:

I'm sure some of the other long time members here will be along sooner or later to welcome you and share their veiws on your questions.

As for Jesse Stone, I believe there was supposed to be a new one made every year, but I don't think that's happened for the last couple years. Don't know what's happening with it. I've read that TS is more than willing to do more, just hasn't happened recently.

In the meantime, stick around, spend some time looking at older threads and enjoy the best MPI forum in the world! :D

Edited cause I can't spel....or tipe gud.
Last edited by 308GUY on Tue Mar 04, 2014 6:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"C'mon TC...nothing can go wrong!"

Doc Ibold
Maniac Emeritus

#3 Post by Doc Ibold »

Welcome Brett!

(And basically... what 308GUY said)

:lol:

I'd recommend the Jesse Stone thread at the bottom, The King Kamehameha Club or Magnum PI Talk.

You should easily be able to find what you need.. and if all else fails, just ask!

(We're a friendly bunch)

Styles Bitchley
Magnum Wristwatch Aficionado / Deputy SpamHammer

#4 Post by Styles Bitchley »

Welcome Brett. Wish there was better news to share!
"How fiendishly deceptive of you Magnum. I could have sworn I was hearing the emasculation of a large rodent."

- J.Q.H.

IKnowWhatYoureThinking
Macho Taco & Coops Connoisseur

#5 Post by IKnowWhatYoureThinking »

Welcome aboard Brett!

brett
Ensign

#6 Post by brett »

Thank you everyone. Im very excited and happy that I found this website. I am 34 and watched Magnum as a kid but recently found it on Netflix and have been watching every episode with great enthusiasm. My girlfriend is even into it. Looking forward to learning more on this site.
Sincerely, Brett

ConchRepublican
COZITV Magnum, P.I. SuperFan / Chief Barkeep - Flemingo Key

#7 Post by ConchRepublican »

I'm a little late to the party but Aloha Brett!!
CoziTV Superfan spot
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPTmsykLQ04

Hawaii Winds
Admiral

#8 Post by Hawaii Winds »

IKnowWhatYoureThinking wrote:Welcome aboard Brett!
Welcome Brett.....