Is there a Moderator at this forum? ....BBCode

Comments, questions, suggestions, criticism... anything at all about the website. This is also the place for member introductions

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

Sisophous
Fleet Admiral

Is there a Moderator at this forum? ....BBCode

#1 Post by Sisophous »

The BBCode was switched off on my username. It prevents me from posting images. I tried to find out how to activate it but could not. So, I Private Messaged J.J.Walters, the Global Moderator and Administrator and have not received a reply. All I asked is a reason why this feature was shut off to my name? Since it is an issue that is not of a personal nature, here it is:

To: J.J. Walters:

"I noticed the BBCode on my user profile is turned off. Is there a way to turn it back on? And, if it was shut off intentionally by you or a moderator can you please tell me why?

I am about the only one routinely making posts on this website, most have left.

Thanks"

continuation...I have no idea why the BBCode was disabled, but I think it is reasonable to ask why, and to get a response. Perhaps JJ is not around at this time and on holiday. If someone else has any thoughts please post. The only thing I came up with is possibly I posted too many images and it was shut off deliberately by JJ. If that is the case, this forum is at a loss because images is what keeps this forum alive and I tried to contribute.

Thanks for any feedback folks. No JJ, so your input may be of help.
Last edited by Sisophous on Fri Jun 14, 2013 4:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Stelth
Fleet Admiral

Re: Is there a Moderator at this forum?

#2 Post by Stelth »

I too contacted JJ on June 5th (about a trivial matter) but I haven't heard anything either. Maybe he's on vacation.

Doc Ibold
Maniac Emeritus

#3 Post by Doc Ibold »

Hey there,

Not sure what you've tried, or what you're running off, so if my answer seems a little simplistic or you've already tried it, I apologize,

When you post a new topic (or reply) there's the box at the bottom. I'm assuming you can't un-click the disable bbcode option? That's probably the quickest way to go about it. (And also the "Well, DUH Doc" response that I'm apologizing for up front)

My second thought is it may be a glitch associated with the recent refresh thats still being worked out.

I've been around here for awhile, and I remember even back in the old days it was kind of a pain in the butt to post pics.. Which I've never really done bc it seemed more trouble than it was worth.. Lol.

As long as its appropriate for the site, no reason why they won't be up there. I'm sure James is busy with some other stuff, but you should hear back from him sooner rather than later.

Hope that helps!

Doc Ibold
Maniac Emeritus

#4 Post by Doc Ibold »

Or, you can check this out.. Maybe the issue lies somewhere there.

(If you've already done that and no dice then Maybe James may be the only one who can help)

http://magnum-mania.com/Forum/faq.php?mode=bbcode#f5r0

Cheers!

Styles Bitchley
Magnum Wristwatch Aficionado / Deputy SpamHammer

#5 Post by Styles Bitchley »

I think James has been busy with the interface upgrade recently and can probably only dedicate a bit of time to the site. In my observation, it is not a problem with your account, it seems like it depends on where you're posting - at least that's the problem for me. In the Episode Specific Threads, I have no way of posting images or even links for that matter. However, here and in the other sections I have all the buttons I need to do whatever. I expect it is a bug (I mentioned it on this thread) that will be fixed in time.

James has no advertising and all the work and hosting fees he takes care of out of the goodness of his heart. So we just need to be patient. If you are super desperate to do something, you could always try emailing him (his email address can be found all over the site, so I don't think I'm revealing anything private here) jjwalters [at symbol] magnum-mania.com. He's always been good at responding to my inquiries.

Image test:

Yep. It works!
"How fiendishly deceptive of you Magnum. I could have sworn I was hearing the emasculation of a large rodent."

- J.Q.H.

Sisophous
Fleet Admiral

#6 Post by Sisophous »

The BBCode is back on and I did nothing to turn it back on. Must be a glitch. This one is in tribute to Sharon Stone, another female guest star, among a long list who I did not like in this series and who was in Echoes of the Mind.

Stelth
Fleet Admiral

#7 Post by Stelth »

What a hotty! I guess I was too busy watching her uncross her legs to notice that visage.

Reef monkey
Fleet Admiral

#8 Post by Reef monkey »

Sisophous wrote:The BBCode is back on and I did nothing to turn it back on. Must be a glitch. This one is in tribute to Sharon Stone, another female guest star, among a long list who I did not like in this series and who was in Echoes of the Mind.

When 900 years old you reach, look as good you will not.

My essay "In Country: Place and Historical Connection in Magnum PI", about the importance of the Honolulu/Vietnam connection in the show:
http://magnum-mania.com/Forum/viewtopic ... 850#p57850

J.J. Walters
Founding Father

#9 Post by J.J. Walters »

Yep, there is indeed a Moderator here. He's just here on limited, part-time basis. You know, after the work day is completed and the dishes are done. ;)

BBCode should be on for everybody.... Uh, try it now.

Workin' for me. 8)
Higgins: It's not a scratch! It's a bloody gouge!

Sisophous
Fleet Admiral

#10 Post by Sisophous »

J.J. Walters wrote:
BBCode should be on for everybody.... Uh, try it now.
Yes, it works fine for me now, glad you are ok, I thought you may have died.

I look forward to posting more images in the future.

ConchRepublican
COZITV Magnum, P.I. SuperFan / Chief Barkeep - Flemingo Key

#11 Post by ConchRepublican »

Sisophous wrote:I thought you may have died.
Uncool.
CoziTV Superfan spot
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPTmsykLQ04

Styles Bitchley

#12 Post by Styles Bitchley »

J.J. Walters wrote:BBCode should be on for everybody.... Uh, try it now.
Still not working in the episode threads. Check out the code displayed in the quotes recently posted. I don't think it's just me.
"How fiendishly deceptive of you Magnum. I could have sworn I was hearing the emasculation of a large rodent."

- J.Q.H.

ConchRepublican
COZITV Magnum, P.I. SuperFan / Chief Barkeep - Flemingo Key

#13 Post by ConchRepublican »

Styles Bitchley wrote:
Still not working in the episode threads. Check out the code displayed in the quotes recently posted. I don't think it's just me.
I didn't have it last night and was going to comment that I thought it may be a mobile issue (using iPad) but it's here this morning.
CoziTV Superfan spot
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPTmsykLQ04

J.J. Walters
Founding Father

#14 Post by J.J. Walters »

Styles Bitchley wrote:
Styles, when I go and look at those posts in the Episode threads, the ones that are not displaying the quotes correctly have the 'Disable BBCode' checked in the post. If I uncheck that they display correctly. I suspect what is going on is for some people it is defaulting to disable BBCode because they logged in before I turned BBCode on when I updated the forum software.

I would try clearing out your browser cache. Also maybe test it out in a different browser. BBCode is definitely on for all the forums.
Higgins: It's not a scratch! It's a bloody gouge!

Styles Bitchley

#15 Post by Styles Bitchley »

Strange. I tried on three browsers and flushed my cache. I get the code on all the boards except for the episode ones. It say that the code is turned off, but when I check my preferences, it says to use the code automatically. Here's a screen cap:

- J.Q.H.