Is there a Moderator at this forum? ....BBCode

Comments, questions, suggestions, criticism... anything at all about the website. This is also the place for member introductions

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

Sisophous
Fleet Admiral

Re: Is there a Moderator at this forum?

#16 Post by Sisophous »

Unfortunately, the BBCode issue has not been fixed. For me, it is "on" in this thread but "off" in the Season Episodes, the same thing that Styles Bitchley shows. I think the source of the problem is the administrator controls, not a cookies issue on member computers. I tried as J.J. suggested, logging off and then logging on to see if it would work on the episodes but no luck, it is still turned off.

Maybe the site needs a reset or a reboot?

J.J. Walters
Founding Father

#17 Post by J.J. Walters »

Oh man, I'm totally stumped! What the heck is going on??

Higgins: It's not a scratch! It's a bloody gouge!

KENJI
Fleet Admiral

#18 Post by KENJI »

I feel for you James!!!
Your animated drawing says it all!
I would think one of us either knows how to fix it or knows someone who can help James.
Ask around to your friends, co-workers etc and see what comes up, as James logs a lot of time into M.M. for our benefit.....time to return the favour!
Hang in there a little longer!

Sisophous
Fleet Admiral

#19 Post by Sisophous »

J.J.,

Just a guess, but it seems this website needs a reset, meaning no matter what shows on your screen, does not actually take effect for the rest of us. A reset or reboot of the website may be the answer. I mean, shut it down and then restart it. This is commonly done at websites, especially banking websites. When you say the BBCode is on, I believe it, but it is not taking on our side. Likely it is just a glitch.

Again, the BBCode works fine on this thread, it is the episode threads where it is turned off and there is no way for a user to activate it.

Perhaps there is automatic shut off of the BBCode for all if someone posts too many images in a single post. This problem started after I posted a number of pics (6) six, in a single post, in the episode "No Need To Know" from Season 1. Then again, it may have nothing to do with this trouble, just some thoughts.

Doc Ibold
Maniac Emeritus

#20 Post by Doc Ibold »

I say we give James a breather and let him figure it out on his own time. I'm sure he has a ton of other stuff going on . If we can't post pics for a little bit it's not going to make or break anything.

Everything else seems to be working, so whenever it happens, it happens.

(At least from my perspective).

Styles Bitchley
Magnum Wristwatch Aficionado / Deputy SpamHammer

#21 Post by Styles Bitchley »

I'm not in a rush.
"How fiendishly deceptive of you Magnum. I could have sworn I was hearing the emasculation of a large rodent."

- J.Q.H.

J.J. Walters
Founding Father

#22 Post by J.J. Walters »

I think I might have fixed it. Styles, please test out the Episodes forum when you have time.

Styles Bitchley

#23 Post by Styles Bitchley »

Whatever you did worked James. It's working fine for me now. Thanks again for all your hard work. :)
"How fiendishly deceptive of you Magnum. I could have sworn I was hearing the emasculation of a large rodent."

- J.Q.H.

Sisophous
Fleet Admiral

#24 Post by Sisophous »

Styles Bitchley wrote:Whatever you did worked James. It's working fine for me now. Thanks again for all your hard work. :)
Yes, same here, works fine, thanks.

J.J. Walters
Founding Father

Re: Is there a Moderator at this forum? ....BBCode

#25 Post by J.J. Walters »

Whoo-Hoo!

In the end, it was a permissions issue. The permissions looked ok. It said they were ok. I reapplied them (twice). Still not working. When nothing else worked I reapplied the permissions yet again. And then, suddenly, it was fixed. Jeez! :roll:

Styles Bitchley

#26 Post by Styles Bitchley »

So...one final thing I've noticed since the upgrade was done is that all the links don't open in a new tab like they used to. I find it far more useful to have the links open somewhere else and then go back to the post I was looking at before I was distracted.

- J.Q.H.

J.J. Walters
Founding Father

#27 Post by J.J. Walters »

Styles - This is the default behavior (to open links in the same tab) in phpBB 3.x (which is the opposite of the behavior in phpBB 2.x). They changed it for several reasons, mainly to comply with XHTML 1.0 Strict-validation markup. There are ways to change it back, but it's kind of a pain (and I'd probably mess something up). An easy workaround is to Right-Click the link and select 'Open Link in New Tab'. Or, you could have two MM tabs open, with one for clicking links. ;)

Styles Bitchley

#28 Post by Styles Bitchley »

I just usually do Ctrl+click. Not a big deal. I'm just being picky now!

- J.Q.H.