The "Team Ring" article on this site

Comments, questions, suggestions, criticism... anything at all about the website. This is also the place for member introductions

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

MaximRecoil
Fleet Admiral

The "Team Ring" article on this site

#1 Post by MaximRecoil »

There were actually two different types of rings shown in the show. In the "Pilot Movie", the top of the ring, the bezel, was curved inward [first picture, top left]. In all other episodes, the bezel is flat. A minor difference which, nonetheless, does change the overall look and feel of the ring.

Link
This is incorrect. The top of the ring was curved inward in plenty of episodes (maybe all of them, but you aren't always shown a suitable angle and/or closeup to tell). For example, here are some screen shots showing the inward curve on the top of the early brass ring (from episodes 2.01, 2.02, and 2.03):

And some screen shots showing the inward curve on the top of the later gold ring (from episodes 4.19, 4.19, and 4.20):

And this closeup from Memories Are Forever:

J.J. Walters
Founding Father

#2 Post by J.J. Walters »

Did I put that in there? Oh, dear! :oops:

Anyway, I've removed it. Thanks for the correction.
Higgins: It's not a scratch! It's a bloody gouge!

MaximRecoil
Fleet Admiral

#3 Post by MaximRecoil »

The only team ring I've noticed that definitely looked like it had a flat bezel was the one worn by the Milton Collins character in Death and Taxes. I wonder if that was done intentionally to subtly distinguish it from a real team ring.