Thursday night in the 80's!

Comments, questions, suggestions, criticism... anything at all about the website. This is also the place for member introductions

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

MagnumILWU
Fleet Admiral

Thursday night in the 80's!

#1 Post by MagnumILWU »

Thursday night in the early and mid 1980's was my night! No matter what went on during the week, I was home Thursday nights! The main reason of course was 'Magnum, PI'! But after Magnum, at 9:00pm, was 'Simon & Simon! Then at 10:00pm, was'Hill Street Blues"! 3 hours of great TV! And every Thursday night I had the same meal ready for the start of Magnum! My own version of a nacho.I'd fry up ground beef and diced dry onion. I'd layer plain Dorito's on a plate with shredded Tillamook med cheddar cheese on it, and then add the beef and onions. Two layers like that, then into the oven at 350 to melt the cheese! When I was sitting in front of the TV, with my nacho on my tray, I would top it with LaVictoria salsa brava hot sauce, and Magnum would start! My night was set! I still love, and make the nachos! I know no one cares about this, but it is a great Magnum memory for me, and always brings a smile to my face!
"pickled egg please"

Braddah Kimo
Fleet Admiral

#2 Post by Braddah Kimo »

You fergot da twelvepack of Primo.

http://www.beercan.com/primbot.html

MagnumILWU
Fleet Admiral

Primo Beer

#3 Post by MagnumILWU »

We didn't have Primo beer back then, but I remember how cool it was to have a Primo tee-shirt or tank top!
"pickled egg please"

Braddah Kimo
Fleet Admiral

#4 Post by Braddah Kimo »

all that cool TV and ono grindz require some kinda dakine. PBR. Oly. Rolling rock. Schlitz. li'dat!

MagnumILWU
Fleet Admiral

#5 Post by MagnumILWU »

In Portland we had Blitz Weinhard. Oly came from Tumwater Washington. I first heard about Rolling Rock from a Spenser novel! And no real beer drinker says PBR! Give me a Pabst! Also we used to tell the girls at the beach;" Don't get sand in your Schlitz"!
"pickled egg please"

Braddah Kimo
Fleet Admiral

#6 Post by Braddah Kimo »

maybe mainland. but every braddah here sez pbr. no one islandwide sez pabst.

MagnumILWU
Fleet Admiral

#7 Post by MagnumILWU »

Yeah, if there're 12!
"pickled egg please"

Braddah Kimo
Fleet Admiral

#8 Post by Braddah Kimo »

12 beers ahead.

Braddah Kimo
Fleet Admiral

#9 Post by Braddah Kimo »

Wait; if there are 12. I geddit. If 12 beer drinkers converge they all... uh... wot waz da question?
Anyway, it's known as PBR here in da islands. By big braddah beer drinkers. No one anyone would claim to their face; "you are 12 and no real beer drinker why? Cuz ya dont pronounce the haole name of the beer." (after local braddah flattens the face of haole buggah; ) "WE don't care about haole pride in some friggin haole beer name.

MagnumILWU
Fleet Admiral

#10 Post by MagnumILWU »

I think your full of shit! How much Hawaiian blood do you really have in you? Your probably Japanese, or some other mix! Your pidgin english crap is lame! And it wasn't until several years back, all the 'Hipster Dufus' douche bags started calling Pabst PBR! Why is it every time you pipe-in on a post, itgoes to shit?
"pickled egg please"

Braddah Kimo
Fleet Admiral

#11 Post by Braddah Kimo »

I think your full of shit!
ok. I'll bite. My what is full of shit?
How much Hawaiian blood do you really have in you?
Never claimed Hawaiian koko. Just two Hawaiian stepfathers. Hanai'ed if anyone cares.
Your probably Japanese, or some other mix!
Again; My what is Japanese?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IWWwM2wwMww
Your pidgin english crap is lame!
Sorry. I do not do mainland pidgin. Wait. there is such a thing?
And it wasn't until several years back, all the 'Hipster Dufus' douche bags started calling Pabst PBR!
maybe there in haoleville... No here. "bra"
(That better?)
Why is it every time you pipe-in on a post, itgoes to shit?
because ya follow me so wikiwiki, li'dat!
Pull my hair if you are going to ride my ass!

KENJI
Fleet Admiral

#12 Post by KENJI »

I remember MPI being on Thursday at 8pm and dropping everything to watch it. I was too young at the time to drink, but there was always fig newtons on hand......good times for sure!

MagnumILWU
Fleet Admiral

#13 Post by MagnumILWU »

KENJI; That's ok, I drank diet pepsi with my nacho! Just remember to keep your Fig Newtons in the fridge!
"pickled egg please"