The Start of Karl's Collection.

Comments, questions, suggestions, criticism... anything at all about the website. This is also the place for member introductions

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

ironfist
Commander

The Start of Karl's Collection.

#1 Post by ironfist »

As I said in my introduction post, This all kinda started when I shaved. Being called Magnum or Tom Selleck by no way was an insult. I like Tom Selleck and remember watching Magnum P.I. back when I was a kid. (I was 9 when it came out) So as a Joke I got a hat of Ebay. I also found out that netflix had the whole show, So I started watching again. Now I'm hooked!!! Its awesome that the show still stands up. This is what has happened in the last 3 weeks.Image[/img]

wanted to start my own little thread so you can all follow as my little collection grows!
-K-

ironfist
Commander

#2 Post by ironfist »

and yes the wallet has the 4 ID's from the guy who sells them on the bay. Looking for a 2 dollar bill! LOL I also forgot I have a rubber chicken and Groucho Marx glasses in my car.

Braddah Kimo
Fleet Admiral

#3 Post by Braddah Kimo »

ok. now all you need is guest quarters at an estate Waimanalo side.

ironfist
Commander

#4 Post by ironfist »

I was thinking Gorrilla mask and Ferrari keychain! But a guest house would be cool.

Styles Bitchley
Magnum Wristwatch Aficionado / Deputy SpamHammer

#5 Post by Styles Bitchley »

Sounds like a mid-life crisis Karl...enjoy the ride!
"How fiendishly deceptive of you Magnum. I could have sworn I was hearing the emasculation of a large rodent."

- J.Q.H.

ironfist
Commander

#6 Post by ironfist »

Nah, just enjoying the show. I'm also a costumer. Dressing up as stormtroopers in the 501st. And other heroes at local conventions. Been a handfull of superheroes and Indiana Jones. So this year it will be Magnum.

Styles Bitchley
Magnum Wristwatch Aficionado / Deputy SpamHammer

#7 Post by Styles Bitchley »

ironfist wrote:Nah, just enjoying the show. I'm also a costumer. Dressing up as stormtroopers in the 501st. And other heroes at local conventions. Been a handfull of superheroes and Indiana Jones. So this year it will be Magnum.
That's awesome! I've been tempted on a number of occasions to drop the hammer and buy a stormtrooper costume from the guy in the UK who has the armour moulds from the original movie. Then I imagine my wife getting the credit card bill. :lol: Still, I may do it one year.
"How fiendishly deceptive of you Magnum. I could have sworn I was hearing the emasculation of a large rodent."

- J.Q.H.

ironfist
Commander

#8 Post by ironfist »

Sorry for the late response. As for your guy selling stormtrooper suits from the original molds. Do NOT buy from him. He may have worked on the original films. But what he is selling is a rip off of a fan made suit. Google his name and you will find some interesting stories of his claims. As for his price. lets just say my suit (I had already had a helmet so I only bought the suit) was 295 american dollars. this of course is just the ABS plastic armor.

RamblerReb
Commander

#9 Post by RamblerReb »

I'm guessing the 1911 is airsoft or another kind of replica? I can't imagine that convention organizers would but frown on showing up with a real .45.

ironfist
Commander

#10 Post by ironfist »

Yup! Cheapo spring loaded airsoft. Did the local convention and got some shots with me and our Local Mr. T impersonator. Plus I have more to add to the collection shots!