G'day from Down Under!

Comments, questions, suggestions, criticism... anything at all about the website. This is also the place for member introductions

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

Binky Farmbush
Lieutenant

G'day from Down Under!

#1 Post by Binky Farmbush »

Hi everyone. As a diehard Magnum fan I discovered this fantastic site a couple of years ago but have only just registered! A big thank you to everyone who has made this site what it is today! I had a wonderful honeymoon in Hawaii last year and managed to have a very romantic swim with my wife in Robin Masters' tidal pool based on information provided on this site. It may sound odd but that experience was one of the highlights of our honeymoon! That, and actually being in Hawaii!

J.J. Walters
Founding Father

#2 Post by J.J. Walters »

Welcome Binky! And thank you for the kind words about the site. Appreciate it! :)
Higgins: It's not a scratch! It's a bloody gouge!

IKnowWhatYoureThinking
Macho Taco & Coops Connoisseur

#3 Post by IKnowWhatYoureThinking »

Welcome aboard!

Binky Farmbush
Lieutenant

#4 Post by Binky Farmbush »

Thank you gentlemen. Magnum P.I. outshines any television series that I have seen since the 1980's. Then again, I may be a little biased! :)

It was a pleasure discovering this site.

J.J. Walters
Founding Father

#5 Post by J.J. Walters »

I just noticed you're from Perth. That's Bon Scott territory, one of my very favorite rock singers!

I understand that Perth has a vibrant music scene these days. Good to hear!

Binky Farmbush
Lieutenant

#6 Post by Binky Farmbush »

Great pic J.J. Walters! Vibrant music scene in Perth... yep!
Lots of creative people from all over the world live here nowdays. It is one of Australia's best kept secrets! However, many Australians still think Perth is the home of the Beverly Hillbillies :lol:

It has a fantastic diverse and quirky beach culture here too! We even have a cool Tiki Bar, called the Hula Bula Bar.

Speaking of Bon Scott, I got to tick off one of my 'bucket list' goals last year - attend an AC/DC concert. I was not really a fan before I attended this concert but a little voice in my head told me that this band would be amazing to see live. Well, let's just say that I was NOT disappointed!

J.J. Walters
Founding Father

#7 Post by J.J. Walters »

Sounds awesome. Would absolutely love to visit Australia someday.

You picked a good time to see an AC/DC concert. The Black Ice album and tour was a huge success and comeback for the band! They had been in somewhat of a decline/slump in the previous years. They came back huge with Black Ice!

I saw them on the For Those About To Rock tour in '82 I believe. I was only 12. LOL! My biggest memory of that concert (besides the heavy stench of pot in the air) was just how LOUD it was! We were pretty close to the stage. They shot off cannons (not real ones, of course) during "For Those About To Rock" just like in the song. My ears were ringing for days afterwards! Angus never stopped moving his head during the entire show! A great memory for me.

Wish I could have seen Bon Scott. Their early '70s stuff is my favorite. But he sadly passed away before my concert-going time.

One of the best rock bands of all-time IMHO. They're like the Stones, they'll just keep rocking until they can't play their instruments anymore! :)

Binky Farmbush
Lieutenant

#8 Post by Binky Farmbush »

Well I'm glad I timed it right because before the concert I was afraid I had missed the boat by not seeing them earlier, years ago. However, they totally blew me away with their performance and I couldn't believe what I had witnessed! Their energy (and fitness) was unbelievable! I was so impressed I even bought myself an AC/DC t-shirt! :) The BEST concert I have ever attended!

PS Saw Chris Cornell (Soundgarden) perform solo at the Perth Concert Hall recently. He really engaged with the audience and put on a great performance for close to 3 hours!!!

Danno
Fleet Admiral

#9 Post by Danno »

Hi Binky, welcome aboard.
I'm in Sydney- great to see another Aussie!

Perth is also home to one of my favorite Australian bands- Tame Impala (a fair bit younger than Cornell & Acker Dacker).

... also Jessica Gomes hails from Perth I think. Ahem.
Help protect Hawaiʻi's Green Sea Turtles http://malamanahonu.org

Binky Farmbush
Lieutenant

#10 Post by Binky Farmbush »

Hi Danno,

Nice to see another Magnum P.I. fan on home soil!

I checked out 'Tame Impala' on Youtube and liked their style!

Yes, the beautiful Jessica Gomes was born here, but now lives in Sydney. :( I am of the firm opinion that JG should be given at least a cameo appearance in any future Magnum P.I. movie. I think Thomas Sullivan Magnum IV would concur too! :wink:

scotty73
Captain

#11 Post by scotty73 »

Hi guys - was just cruising the site and found a few of you are into AC/DC. One of my gave bands of all time. Some of you are fans so thought I'd post a link to a video I shot on the Black Ice last year. It was epic... here it is - enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/user/ScottyL73?f ... jriiNcv6Qg

Binky Farmbush
Lieutenant

#12 Post by Binky Farmbush »

Thanks Scotty! I really appreciate you sharing this video! Cheers!

scotty73
Captain

#13 Post by scotty73 »

Hey my pleasure Binky - been AGES since I've been here so sorry dfor the late reply...

Binky Farmbush
Lieutenant

#14 Post by Binky Farmbush »

No worries mate! It's been awhile for me too! :D