Aloha evyone & g'day from Australia

Comments, questions, suggestions, criticism... anything at all about the website. This is also the place for member introductions

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

scotty73
Captain

Aloha evyone & g'day from Australia

#1 Post by scotty73 »

I'm Scotty, a 38 yr old Magnum maniac! I'm a studio manager for a promotional marketing agency in Sydney, Australia. I've been a big fan for a long time and have been cruising this site for a while now and thought I better introduce myself finally. I so love rubber chickens google earth plug in for all the locations, what a fantastic job! My most exciting news is I'm finally visiting Hawaii - Oahu in particular - in September. So excited. So, so excited! I've waited twenty years for this moment, can't wait to see the home of Thomas Magnum, PI. :D

JT
Captain

#2 Post by JT »

Aloha scotty!
Welcome to Magnum Mania.
Thanks to Rubber Chicken you can go around Oahu and visit all the famous places.
I wish I was going to visit robin's Nest.

IKnowWhatYoureThinking
Macho Taco & Coops Connoisseur

#3 Post by IKnowWhatYoureThinking »

Welcome aboard!

rubber chicken
Master Location Sleuth

#4 Post by rubber chicken »

Happy to have you with us scotty. Enjoy your trip. Waiting 20 years will make it all the more special. :)

Just as an fyi for anyone interested - I haven't worked on the guide for months now, but I do have 20 or so new locations. I'll try to finish up and post an update soon.

scotty73
Captain

#5 Post by scotty73 »

Thanks heaps rubber chicken! I so, so, so love what you've done with the location guide, you da man! Must've taken AGES to put together, I've been looking at it everyday for weeks & weeks now, scoping out all the places I want to visit with my long-suffering missus. Really looking forward to going to Byodo-in Temple and seeing if I can find a midget & sumo wrestler! ha ha!

Radaen
Lieutenant Junior Grade

#6 Post by Radaen »

Welcome aboard! I'm excited for you too, I remember the feeling when I was about to visit Oahu too. It's such a lovely place and you'll definitely have a great time. Keep us posted!

scotty73
Captain

#7 Post by scotty73 »

Cheers Radaen - I sure will

Styles Bitchley
Magnum Wristwatch Aficionado / Deputy SpamHammer

#8 Post by Styles Bitchley »

Aloha and G'day to you too Scotty. Welcome to the forum.

There is a particularly informative thread on visiting Oahu here: http://magnum-mania.com/Forum/viewtopic ... sc&start=0
"How fiendishly deceptive of you Magnum. I could have sworn I was hearing the emasculation of a large rodent."

- J.Q.H.

scotty73
Captain

#9 Post by scotty73 »

Oh cheers Styles Bitchley - checking it out now, thanks heaps mate

Visiting Stewardess
Fleet Admiral

#10 Post by Visiting Stewardess »

Welcome, mate!
Hope you are going to enjoy your stay on Oahu, I am hoping to go there myself in the next few years. (Hopefully I'll make it before turning 50, haha!)