Hi, I am visiting for the first time...

Comments, questions, suggestions, criticism... anything at all about the website. This is also the place for member introductions

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

Visiting Stewardess
Fleet Admiral

Hi, I am visiting for the first time...

#1 Post by Visiting Stewardess »

... and have been accommodated in the guest house...

I am a big fan of the two dogs and was just looking for some information on The Lads, when I found this forum.
The dogs on the show actually were the reason why I wanted to get a Doberman 6 years ago, when my first dog died...
But as they are really strong and I am quite small, I have opted for a German Pincher, which has the same looks but is a bit smaller.
I now sit with a Zeus/Apollo-look-alike and started watching Magnum from the very first episode (which, incidentally, I have never seen on TV).

Thomas Magnum is, in my opinion, the only man who looks sexy in a moustache and Hawaiian Shirt. (not to mention his shorts-and-sockless-tennis-shoes-look).

Man, they just don't make TV series like they used to anymore....

IKnowWhatYoureThinking
Macho Taco & Coops Connoisseur

#2 Post by IKnowWhatYoureThinking »

Welcome aboard!

Visiting Stewardess
Fleet Admiral

#3 Post by Visiting Stewardess »

Thank you.
I can't seem to get my avatar to work, is there a trick? Do you have to have a minimum of posts for an avatar or something?
I made it 89x87 pixels and the size is 3,7 KB. It can't be too big...

Styles Bitchley
Magnum Wristwatch Aficionado / Deputy SpamHammer

#4 Post by Styles Bitchley »

Visiting Stewardess wrote:Thank you.
I can't seem to get my avatar to work, is there a trick? Do you have to have a minimum of posts for an avatar or something?
I made it 89x87 pixels and the size is 3,7 KB. It can't be too big...
I think there's something wonky that goes on when you want to update your profile. You have to enter your password twice (as though you want to change it) to make it work.

Welcome aboard!
"How fiendishly deceptive of you Magnum. I could have sworn I was hearing the emasculation of a large rodent."

- J.Q.H.

Visiting Stewardess
Fleet Admiral

#5 Post by Visiting Stewardess »

Ok, that worked. I put the password in 3 times and now I have an avatar... :D

It's my favourite beach in Los Angeles.

Coops
Fleet Admiral

#6 Post by Coops »

Hi VS and welcome to the club!

Visiting Stewardess
Fleet Admiral

#7 Post by Visiting Stewardess »

Thank you!

Another question - maybe you can guide me... I am looking for a discussion whether Higgins is Robin Masters or not, this *MUST* have been discussed in this forum somewhere, but the search doesn't churn anything out....

I have been discussing this with a friend on a completely unrelated forum, and I wanted to get some expert opinions on that....

IKnowWhatYoureThinking
Macho Taco & Coops Connoisseur

#8 Post by IKnowWhatYoureThinking »

I know there have been discussions at different times. I think the consensus if most of us want to believe Higgins is Robin Masters, but there is too much proof that says he isn't.

JT
Captain

#9 Post by JT »

Welcome Visiting Stewardess.
I know there was a discussion in the Paper War tread.

http://magnum-mania.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?t=219

Visiting Stewardess
Fleet Admiral

#10 Post by Visiting Stewardess »

FANTASTIC!!!

That's exactly what I was looking for. Thank you so much!!!
Very informed opinions! :lol:
Only problem is, now I don't know what to think anymore.... :?

I still want to believe that Higgie is Robin though. I'll forward that thread to my friend and see what she thinks after she read it. :)

J.J. Walters
Founding Father

#11 Post by J.J. Walters »

Greetings Visiting Stewardess, or as Magnum would say "visiting stew"! :)

It all boils down to who wrote the novels, really. There definitely was a cat named "Robin Masters" (we saw him in several episodes, although not his face). This "Robin Masters" has his name attached to many tawdry pulp novels that apparently made a killing at the bookstore (hey, why not, it worked for Mickey Spillane). But perhaps Jonathan Quayle Higgins ghost-wrote the books! He doesn't want his family name sullied, so he pays some guy named Robin Masters to take the credit for them and do book promotions and what not. Higgy keeps most of the profits, buys a nice piece of oceanfront property in Oahu and hires an ex-SEAL/Navy intelligence officer to move in for "security checks". Higgins is pulling ALL the strings behind the scenes! :)

But, we'll never really know for sure now will we?
Higgins: It's not a scratch! It's a bloody gouge!

Visiting Stewardess
Fleet Admiral

#12 Post by Visiting Stewardess »

I really like the idea of Robin Masters being a hired puppet of Higgins.
With that theory you can explain away ALL the problems and inconsistencies in the story lines.
I am sure with your thread I can convince my friend that Higgins is really Robin Masters.
:lol:

Radaen
Lieutenant Junior Grade

#13 Post by Radaen »

Welcome aboard! Hope you're enjoying your stay so far.

Visiting Stewardess
Fleet Admiral

#14 Post by Visiting Stewardess »

I am... And I will be staying, with a few excursions to the MASH-universe and the Starsky&Hutch-universe!

I am in the UK at the moment, five weeks, and I made a huuuuge mistake: I didn't take any Magnum, MASH or S&H DVDs with me. I am on cold turkey!!! I am really suffering! I have my trusty laptop, but I can't find any decent legal online versions. :cry:

Styles Bitchley
Magnum Wristwatch Aficionado / Deputy SpamHammer

#15 Post by Styles Bitchley »

Just install http://hotspotshield.com/ and once it's turned on (the interface is admittedly annoying) you'll be able to access any streaming content from the US...

However, there's quite a bit of decent TV in the UK and much of it you can stream.
"How fiendishly deceptive of you Magnum. I could have sworn I was hearing the emasculation of a large rodent."

- J.Q.H.