How old is the average Magnum Maniac?

Comments, questions, suggestions, criticism... anything at all about the website. This is also the place for member introductions

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

How old are you?

0-10
No votes
11-20
3%
21-30
12%
31-40
24%
41-50
41%
51-60
10%
61-70
8%
71-80
No votes
81-90
1%
91-100 (now this has got to be pushing it, right?)
No votes
100+ (if you're voting this option, kudos to you!)
No votes

Total votes: 145

Styles Bitchley
Magnum Wristwatch Aficionado / Deputy SpamHammer

#46 Post by Styles Bitchley »

I'm 36 and I regularly get asked for ID when passing through the States. It feels so strange after living in a country where 16 is the legal age for buying beer and wine (18 for booze) and nobody would actually ask you for ID.
"How fiendishly deceptive of you Magnum. I could have sworn I was hearing the emasculation of a large rodent."

- J.Q.H.

Magnum T.
Fleet Admiral

#47 Post by Magnum T. »

Visiting Stewardess wrote:I know. It can be annoying at times.
But very advantageous at other times!
"Zeus, Apollo, get out of my Ferrari!"
"Mr. Masters' Ferrari"

Braddah Kimo
Fleet Admiral

#48 Post by Braddah Kimo »

Just turned 56 Nov. 1st. Grew up here in Hawai'i watching them film Hawai'i 5-0 and later in the 80's Magnum. Many my age know of Magnum and of course, 5-0, but younger?! Fugedaboudit! In fact i would say each successive generation is proportionately less and less culturally literate. talk about drinking age and carding, I am still carded when i buy beer. It is a fixation with the local alcohol board. Their absurd stringent rules are ridiculous. Fer example; You can have a pitcher in front of you at a bar. AND a mug of beer. AND a shot of tequila. BUT! You can NOT have two green bottles in front of you. That is called stacking and a bartender can get fired and the bar, fined. Stew PEED!

Faceman
Lieutenant

#49 Post by Faceman »

Just joined the site, so thought this would do as my intro:)

31 year old Irish guy, big A-team fan. Always remembered magnum being on TV, and said i would eventually catch up with it on DVD.

Only about 4 years I really got into my retro stuff properly again, so I've just finished season 5 of the A-Team. Was gutted when i finished, knowing there was no more new episodes for me to see! So i decided I would go for magnum or knightrider, and i'm glad to say I've made the right choice with magnum, brilliant! The thing that i loved most about the a-team was the friendship between the guys, mainly face and murdoch, and knowing they are both great mates in real life also.

Although i had memories of tom selleck as magnum, i remembered nothing of the characters of rick and TC, so this is pure bonus for me. The 3 of them (and higgins) make for a great show. I'm 2 episodes into season 2 and loving it so far.

Styles Bitchley
Magnum Wristwatch Aficionado / Deputy SpamHammer

#50 Post by Styles Bitchley »

Welcome Face. You have a great many episodes in store. Enjoy!
"How fiendishly deceptive of you Magnum. I could have sworn I was hearing the emasculation of a large rodent."

- J.Q.H.

J.J. Walters
Founding Father

#51 Post by J.J. Walters »

Welcome Faceman from Ireland! Enjoy the episodes! :)
Higgins: It's not a scratch! It's a bloody gouge!

Visiting Stewardess
Fleet Admiral

#52 Post by Visiting Stewardess »

Faceman wrote: (...) big A-team fan.
Haha! Guessed that from your username!

Welcome to the forum!
Last edited by Visiting Stewardess on Sat Mar 03, 2012 1:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

Faceman
Lieutenant

#53 Post by Faceman »

Thanks guys!

Have to say, this a great site, packed with info and well laid laid out, good job JJ!

Waterbug Blue
Fleet Admiral

#54 Post by Waterbug Blue »

Fully agree with the face man - have been following the site for awhile and bookmarked it to my computer - always something interesting in it to browse.

Early 40s still does it for me too ... turning 43 in a week or so.

ALOHA to all.

CMichael
Ensign

The average age? I'm 32

#55 Post by CMichael »

I'm 32 and I can remember my Dad watching it when I was little. I watched reruns of it n the 90's weekdays @5pm . I wasn't a super fan until
2007 when the seasons started being available on Dvd.

Binky Farmbush
Lieutenant

#56 Post by Binky Farmbush »

Well, if my memory serves me correct, I recall back in 1944 participating in a surfing competition (off the Moroccan Coast) organised by Regimental Sergeant Major Higgins. We used discarded airplane wings for surfboards. I must have been just 18 at the time so I guess that makes me 86! :D

Doc Ibold
Maniac Emeritus

#57 Post by Doc Ibold »

33 years for me. I was still rocking Gi Joes and Transformers when the original run happened, but they started posting reruns my Sr Year of college, where I happened to have no classes while it was on. Second semester I planned my classes and workload around magnum. Those were the pre-DVR and TiVo days and I had to record it on a VCR.

:shock:

Aloha70
Lieutenant

#58 Post by Aloha70 »

42 yr 8) Always been a fan of the show and sometimes wear tigers cap and kaki blouse and army belt and hav rolex submariner (and a fake gmt).
I downloaded all the shows and always watch the reruns on tv.
Aloha! 8)
Hi Guys!!

.45caliber
Lieutenant Commander

#59 Post by .45caliber »

33 years old, watched it with my dad, his favorite show and became my favorite show. My wife likes Magnum too and my kids like to watch it as well. Hope I pass the Magnum addiction on to them just like ny dad did for me.

Carmen
MPI

#60 Post by Carmen »

*sigh* 47
Sometimes I get so lucky, even I don`t believe it (TSM)