Aloha from Sweden!

Comments, questions, suggestions, criticism... anything at all about the website. This is also the place for member introductions

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

All About the Stache
Lieutenant

Aloha from Sweden!

#1 Post by All About the Stache »

Just wanted to say hello to everyone here on the forum. I'm new here, registered just a couple of minutes ago. I've been a fan of Magnum, P.I. as well as Tom Selleck since my childhood and am currently in the process of completing my Magnum DVD collection.

I'm currently 25 years old and my main interests are movies, TV and collecting various merchandise.

Looking forward to discussing Magnum and other things with all of you. I guess I'll see you around the forums!
Magnum: Ivan...
Ivan: Yes?
Magnum: Did you see the sunrise this morning?
Ivan: Yes... Why?
*BANG*

Mavrick
Pinball Wizard

#2 Post by Mavrick »

welcome to the site
alot of good people here and conversations too

I know you will enjoy yourself here
Magnum, feed the lads, would you? There are steaks in the freezer. Yes you can have one too.

IKnowWhatYoureThinking
Macho Taco & Coops Connoisseur

#3 Post by IKnowWhatYoureThinking »

Welcome aboard!

Doc Ibold
Maniac Emeritus

#4 Post by Doc Ibold »

aloha!

J.J. Walters
Founding Father

#5 Post by J.J. Walters »

Greetings Stache! Welcome!

Nice to see a Magnum fan from Sweden. Is Magnum still on the air in Sweden?
Higgins: It's not a scratch! It's a bloody gouge!

All About the Stache
Lieutenant

#6 Post by All About the Stache »

J.J. Walters wrote:Greetings Stache! Welcome!

As a matter of fact, it is. It recently started airing again, late at night (or early in the morning depending how you look at it) on our Channel 6. It has always aired in Sweden since the show first reached us, it just takes breaks once in a while and skips channels.
*BANG*

robspace54
Vice Admiral

#7 Post by robspace54 »

Welcome to the party 'stache! I bet it is very nice to see palm trees and blue water on the TV as the snow is falling outside the windows.

Aloha!

Rob
Sometimes I get so lucky, even I don`t believe it.

No need to know!
Fleet Admiral

#8 Post by No need to know! »

Välkommen!
Onion´s extra?

No need to know!
Fleet Admiral

#9 Post by No need to know! »

All About the Stache wrote:
J.J. Walters wrote:Greetings Stache! Welcome!

As a matter of fact, it is. It recently started airing again, late at night (or early in the morning depending how you look at it) on our Channel 6. It has always aired in Sweden since the show first reached us, it just takes breaks once in a while and skips channels.
I think that Magnum has been brutally handled by Swedish tv channels since TV3 had their run of the all the episodes in the late 90s. Atleast during that period they aired it at the same time every afternoon(i know, i taped every episode on vhs :o ). Thank god for the DVDs though :lol:
Onion´s extra?

All About the Stache
Lieutenant

#10 Post by All About the Stache »

No need to know! wrote:I think that Magnum has been brutally handled by Swedish tv channels since TV3 had their run of the all the episodes in the late 90s. Atleast during that period they aired it at the same time every afternoon(i know, i taped every episode on vhs :o ). Thank god for the DVDs though :lol:
I couldn't agree more. They often put these great 80's shows on bad timeslots. It's frustrating since it will be hard for these shows to find new fans that way.
*BANG*

No need to know!
Fleet Admiral

#11 Post by No need to know! »

All About the Stache wrote:
No need to know! wrote:I think that Magnum has been brutally handled by Swedish tv channels since TV3 had their run of the all the episodes in the late 90s. Atleast during that period they aired it at the same time every afternoon(i know, i taped every episode on vhs :o ). Thank god for the DVDs though :lol:
I couldn't agree more. They often put these great 80's shows on bad timeslots. It's frustrating since it will be hard for these shows to find new fans that way.
Yeah thats just it. It won´t get many new fans or even old time viewers either when they air it very early in the morning. Another big problem is that the tv channels often don´t have the rights of all the seasons. They air one or two seasons, and then start all over again. I think they have done that now again.
Onion´s extra?