Just a question

Comments, questions, suggestions, criticism... anything at all about the website. This is also the place for member introductions

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

Mavrick
Pinball Wizard

Just a question

#1 Post by Mavrick »

Is there a day or time that all the members meet up on this site to hang out and talk , Something Like a meet and greet, or for the people that have been here a while just to caught up with one another, Or is there a certain time of year if people can make it for a get together like a B-B-Q or something and have a Magnum Day and People can come dressed up as their favorite cast member( I know I am dreamming big here) One more thing do we ever hold any contests with small prizes (I.E. like a baseball cap or a Magnum Mania T shirts ( just a thought)
Magnum, feed the lads, would you? There are steaks in the freezer. Yes you can have one too.

Styles Bitchley
Magnum Wristwatch Aficionado / Deputy SpamHammer

#2 Post by Styles Bitchley »

Interesting ideas. I've thought of some of them in the past, but no chat function rules out the virtual meet and greet and the geographic distance for most of us rules out the physical one!

As for prizes, since James hosts the site for free with no advertising, I don't think there's any profit for even a $5 ball cap!
"How fiendishly deceptive of you Magnum. I could have sworn I was hearing the emasculation of a large rodent."

- J.Q.H.

Mavrick
Pinball Wizard

#3 Post by Mavrick »

True true, It would be hard to get together and for the prizes We don"t have to leave that up to Mr. J J ( He has done enough just by having this site)maybe some of the members would be willing to contribute ,( I know I would) I don't know it justa thought , and we really wouldn't need a chat function, My idea was that if could start a thread on a certain day and time and try to make it convenient for everyone or mostly every one. I don't know if that would work either All this is a pipe dream.

But on another note How would you guys feel if I started a quiz question of the week, it would be something random and fun,I would ask a question on Monday or something and give the answer that following Monday or do you think that would be too much? It would be on the honor system so that people wouldn't look the answer up on the net.
Magnum, feed the lads, would you? There are steaks in the freezer. Yes you can have one too.

Doc Ibold
Maniac Emeritus

#4 Post by Doc Ibold »

I can never link things correctly.....

But I think this is what you're thinking of mavrick

http://magnum-mania.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?t=666

Mavrick
Pinball Wizard

#5 Post by Mavrick »

sorta what i am thinking of but not quite It would be more than Magnum based questions, it will have some of them also but it will have other questions about Hawaii, other Tv shows from the 80's and random stuff, To tell you the truth I love Magnum just as much as the next guy on this site but there is no way I can hang with that, I look at that befor and said wow, I would love to join in but I am not good at remember quotes

Mavrick
Pinball Wizard

#6 Post by Mavrick »

just another crazy question lol

How many post do I need befor I get a cool name like Doc Ibold the Vulgarian Visigoth

and Agatha
Baroness of Oahu
I am just wondering thats all

Doc Ibold
Maniac Emeritus

#7 Post by Doc Ibold »

Mavrick wrote:just another crazy question lol

How many post do I need befor I get a cool name like Doc Ibold the Vulgarian Visigoth

and Agatha
Baroness of Oahu
I am just wondering thats all
Chat with James! I think you have to be at least a vice admiral or something before he'll do it.

J.J. Walters
Founding Father

#8 Post by J.J. Walters »

You need at least 1,000 posts! ..... No, just kidding. There's no hard rule. You just have to be a respectable fan and a forum member in good standing. I think you pass that test! What'll it be?
Higgins: It's not a scratch! It's a bloody gouge!

Mavrick
Pinball Wizard

#9 Post by Mavrick »

why thank you JJ, that is really cool of you Umm I really don't know, I know I want it to deal with the Lads, I really love those pups , Maybe you might have an Idea, Maybe something Like Zesus and Apollo care giver I really can"t think of one right now Maybe somebody has a good idea out there if they care to help out,

Mavrick
Pinball Wizard

#10 Post by Mavrick »

how about " On patrol with Zesus and Apollo " or is that to long?

Mavrick
Pinball Wizard

#11 Post by Mavrick »

or just simply " On Patrol" I am not very good at this Lmao I just thought you gave out names . Boy was I wrong LOL

Mavrick
Pinball Wizard

#12 Post by Mavrick »

I got it, In my spare time I collect and repair Old Pinball Machines, Just a hobbie of mine I know it it Don't deal with the Lads, But I would like the the name to be "Pinball Wizard"

J.J. Walters
Founding Father

#13 Post by J.J. Walters »

Mavrick,

You are now the resident "Pinball Wizard"!

I'm a big fan of pinball (and The Who), myself. ;) Which ones do you have?
Higgins: It's not a scratch! It's a bloody gouge!

Mavrick
Pinball Wizard

#14 Post by Mavrick »

Thank you very Much JJ , that is really cool of you, And For the "Who" Yes I like that band very much Kieth Moon was one heck of a drummer and if I could sing I would like it very much if I sounded like Roger

The pinball thing I have been doing that only for a short time now,I have always love them, I only have one in my possession Now, But the other Three are in Florida right now. My Grandparents Have one and my uncle has two, untill I build my game room then I will get them back, But the Grandma and pa have 1965 Gottlieb's Paradise and my uncle has 1973 Gottlieb's Jungle King and 1977 Gottlieb's Jungle Queen, But my new project piece is a 1967 Williams APOLLO Pinball Machine if you want pictures just let me know

zebra3
Fleet Admiral

#15 Post by zebra3 »

I'd love to have an old Smash TV arcade machine. The one that says contestant 1 and 2.
"Burn the land and boil the sea, but you can't take the sky from me."