Wow...more Magnumites

Comments, questions, suggestions, criticism... anything at all about the website. This is also the place for member introductions

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

Leopard71
Lieutenant

Wow...more Magnumites

#1 Post by Leopard71 »

:P

This site rocks and from my Fav show of all time!!

The best there is ,was and will ever be..

It defined my 80s...and portrayed Vets in a positive way....right after the aftermath of the war when those of us who served had DEROSd and were gettin on with our lives.....and trying to forget the might have beens.

My wife doesnt understand..but shes never worn the uniform

The Nam backstory..for some reason, always haunted me..The episode where Magnum returns to his family in Va, confronts his stepfather and his failing airfreight biz then goes to the Wall

I lost it..really when Magnum went to the Wall..never made peace w the Wall until I went there in 2004..

and the thing is..I dont know why..other vets say..its survivors guilt,,maybe...but it along wihe wall scene W Bruce Willis in In Country have always hit me very hard....

Talking about it with other vets has helped...and older ex marine.fortunate to be alive as he was left for dead on a hillside when his patrol was overrun..insists its that guilt

Its just nice to see that someone has created a website devoted to this show

KUDOS and WELCOME HOME!!

Styles Bitchley
Magnum Wristwatch Aficionado / Deputy SpamHammer

#2 Post by Styles Bitchley »

Welcome Leopard!

Nice to have another Magnum freak on board - especially one with such an intimate knowledge of 'Nam.
"How fiendishly deceptive of you Magnum. I could have sworn I was hearing the emasculation of a large rodent."

- J.Q.H.

IKnowWhatYoureThinking
Macho Taco & Coops Connoisseur

#3 Post by IKnowWhatYoureThinking »

Welcome aboard. Enjoy the Magnaverse.

J.J. Walters
Founding Father

#4 Post by J.J. Walters »

Welcome Leopard!

Glad to have you here. And thank you for your service to our country! :)
Higgins: It's not a scratch! It's a bloody gouge!