The Welcome Wagon

Comments, questions, suggestions, criticism... anything at all about the website. This is also the place for member introductions

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

terryfromkerry
Fleet Admiral

Re: The Welcome Wagon

#406 Post by terryfromkerry »

Hi guy,
Enjoyed your post Lemnefresh.
Welcome to the best place to be if you are an MPI fan but not actually in Hawaii or even the Pacific specifically. :D
"Oh Jonathan !....oh Jonathan, come quickly ...... your hot cross buns are smoking".

Kona Winds
Ensign

#407 Post by Kona Winds »

Hi everyone,

Just stumbled on this great site and knew I had to join up immediately.

I was a teenager during the 1980's and remember watching MPI with my Dad every week in New Zealand. I have recently rediscovered my love for the show through reruns on Foxtel in Australia and it's like I've been transported back to the 80's! Sure, some of the plots, acting, and production values may be lacking compared to todays shows, but for pure entertainment and escapism, MPI is timeless and uplifting.

I was lucky enough to visit Hawaii about 5 years ago and drove a convertible Mustang from downtown Waikiki around the east coast up to the north shore and back to Waikiki, but somehow I completely forgot to seek out and look for the location of Robin's Nest!

Anyway, glad to come onboard and look forward to playing a small part in keeping the magic of the original MPI alive.
"Oh my GOD!"

ConchRepublican
COZITV Magnum, P.I. SuperFan / Chief Barkeep - Flemingo Key

#408 Post by ConchRepublican »

Kona Winds wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 2:24 pm Hi everyone,

I was a teenager during the 1980's and remember watching MPI with my Dad every week in New Zealand. I have recently rediscovered my love for the show through reruns on Foxtel in Australia and it's like I've been transported back to the 80's! Sure, some of the plots, acting, and production values may be lacking compared to todays shows, but for pure entertainment and escapism, MPI is timeless and uplifting.

I was lucky enough to visit Hawaii about 5 years ago and drove a convertible Mustang from downtown Waikiki around the east coast up to the north shore and back to Waikiki, but somehow I completely forgot to seek out and look for the location of Robin's Nest!

Anyway, glad to come onboard and look forward to playing a small part in keeping the magic of the original MPI alive.
Welcome to our Virtual Estate Kona Winds, glad you found us!! Too bad you missed out on the Estate while you were there as it's been unfortunately torn down. There is a great thread here: https://www.magnum-mania.com/Forum/view ... ?f=1&t=285 to re-live it, member Pahonu has made excellent contributions to it. At least we still can swim in the tidal pool!
CoziTV Superfan spot
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPTmsykLQ04

Kona Winds
Ensign

#409 Post by Kona Winds »

ConchRepublican wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 3:46 pm

Welcome to our Virtual Estate Kona Winds, glad you found us!! Too bad you missed out on the Estate while you were there as it's been unfortunately torn down. There is a great thread here: https://www.magnum-mania.com/Forum/view ... ?f=1&t=285 to re-live it, member Pahonu has made excellent contributions to it. At least we still can swim in the tidal pool!
Such a shame about the destruction of the Estate, it should have been preserved as a cultural icon :(

I would love to swim in the tidal pool, the hard part might be getting me out of it!
"Oh my GOD!"

T.Q.
Fleet Admiral

#410 Post by T.Q. »

Welcome to the new guys.

We have a 40th Anniversary watch party going if you want to join. :magnum: :higgins:
Last edited by T.Q. on Tue Oct 26, 2021 4:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Knocking my rubber chicken or my sloppy habits is within the rules, but you're attacking my character. I would like to think you don't mean that.

Styles Bitchley
Magnum Wristwatch Aficionado / Deputy SpamHammer

#411 Post by Styles Bitchley »

Welcome to the site. You'll find more information here than you can read in a year. We're a diverse group, but some of that geographic distribution has been lacking in recent years. But we've certainly had Kiwis and Aussies here over the years. Great to have some southern hemisphere representation.

I have a soft spot for NZ, having spent time there and some good friends and family connections. One of the most lovely places on earth...right up there with the Hawaiian islands.
"How fiendishly deceptive of you Magnum. I could have sworn I was hearing the emasculation of a large rodent."

- J.Q.H.

Kona Winds
Ensign

#412 Post by Kona Winds »

Styles Bitchley wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 4:25 pm

Welcome to the site. You'll find more information here than you can read in a year. We're a diverse group, but some of that geographic distribution has been lacking in recent years. But we've certainly had Kiwis and Aussies here over the years. Great to have some southern hemisphere representation.

I have a soft spot for NZ, having spent time there and some good friends and family connections. One of the most lovely places on earth...right up there with the Hawaiian islands.
Thanks for the kind welcome. I've only just started working my way through the "Robin Masters Estate" thread so looks like I've got quite a lot of catching up to do!

NZ is certainly a pretty special place...I grew up in a cold and snowy area so watching Magnum in the tropical Islands of Hawaii was something exotic when I was a teenager.
"Oh my GOD!"

Kona Winds
Ensign

#413 Post by Kona Winds »

T.Q. wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 3:39 pm Welcome to the new guys.

We have a 40th Anniversary watch party going if you want to join. :magnum: :higgins:
Thanks for the welcome. The watch party sounds like a great idea, I'll definitely check it out.
"Oh my GOD!"

Sir Algernon Farnsworth
Lieutenant Junior Grade

#414 Post by Sir Algernon Farnsworth »

Hi, just found the site and joined.

Pahonu
Robin's Nest Expert Extraordinaire

#415 Post by Pahonu »

Sir Algernon Farnsworth wrote: Mon Mar 07, 2022 1:01 am Hi, just found the site and joined.
Welcome!

Blackmamba
Lieutenant

#416 Post by Blackmamba »

Hi Guys! I was so happy to find this wonderful, informative site! I watched a couple of first run seasons and didn’t venture back into Magnumland until I caught it on Hallmark in the wee hours of night.
The thoughtful and respectful interaction of the members has impressed me. If you have been on a Facebook fan group, you probably know what I mean. I did watch the series and fell in love with it again after all these years. After Hallmark took MPI off their schedule in January, I started watching the show, along with this forum for every episode, and it is a truly amazing experience! I was lucky to find MPI on the Roku channel.
Thanks for being here after all these years. This forum reminds me of the message boards that were around mid 90’s, and I spent many hours in a “room” that a friend in Hawaii created. Aloha!

Sir Algernon Farnsworth
Lieutenant Junior Grade

#417 Post by Sir Algernon Farnsworth »

Pahonu wrote: Mon Mar 07, 2022 1:03 am
Sir Algernon Farnsworth wrote: Mon Mar 07, 2022 1:01 am Hi, just found the site and joined.
Welcome!
Cheers!

I forgot to mention, I started watching Magnum again because the first two seasons are free on IMDB TV in the UK.
Last edited by Sir Algernon Farnsworth on Tue Mar 08, 2022 6:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mark de Croix
Fleet Admiral

#418 Post by Mark de Croix »

Welcome, Sir Algernon Farnsworth!

Aloha Friday
Admiral

#419 Post by Aloha Friday »

Hi guys, I am new as a member, but have been lurking for about 2 years...discovered your site when home for the great COVID shutdown. Been a Magnum PI fan since the show started. :magnum:
Aloha Friday
Tidewater, Virginia

Pahonu
Robin's Nest Expert Extraordinaire

#420 Post by Pahonu »

Aloha Friday wrote: Sat Apr 09, 2022 7:37 pm Hi guys, I am new as a member, but have been lurking for about 2 years...discovered your site when home for the great COVID shutdown. Been a Magnum PI fan since the show started. :magnum:
Welcome from another fan who has watched the show since it began!