The Welcome Wagon

Comments, questions, suggestions, criticism... anything at all about the website. This is also the place for member introductions

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

Rembrandt's Girl
Fleet Admiral

Re: The Welcome Wagon

#346 Post by Rembrandt's Girl »

robbie308 wrote:I will try post some pictures of other MPI places we have visited.

Robert
Welcome Robert & looking forward to more fantastic pics! :D

robbie308
Lieutenant

#347 Post by robbie308 »

Rembrandt's Girl wrote: Welcome Robert & looking forward to more fantastic pics! :D
Hi RG, thank you for the welcome!

Unfortunately the pics won't be fantastic, but anyway... I just wonder which would be the correct thread where to post a few photos of the filming locations. Right here with the introduction?

Or here, maybe?
"Magnum P.I. Filming Locations - A Rubber Chicken Guide" http://magnum-mania.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=908

Robert
"Oh – my – god!"

Rembrandt's Girl
Fleet Admiral

#348 Post by Rembrandt's Girl »

robbie308 wrote:
Rembrandt's Girl wrote: Welcome Robert & looking forward to more fantastic pics! :D
Hi RG, thank you for the welcome!

Unfortunately the pics won't be fantastic, but anyway... I just wonder which would be the correct thread where to post a few photos of the filming locations. Right here with the introduction?

Or here, maybe?
"Magnum P.I. Filming Locations - A Rubber Chicken Guide" http://magnum-mania.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=908

Robert
Hi Robert... sorry, just saw your reply. Yes, that would be the most appropriate location. Thanks! :D

Rembrandt's Girl
Fleet Admiral

#349 Post by Rembrandt's Girl »

Rembrandt's Girl wrote: Do you know if Rubber Chicken is still interested in new locations for future updates? If so, I have the location of the Italian Villa at the beginning of Italian Ice. I stayed in a house by it a couple years ago and couldn't figure out why it seemed so familiar. Then I saw Italian Ice a few weeks ago and it hit me!

The address of the "Villa" is 1610 Mokulua Dr., Kailua, which is the southern tip of Lanikai. If you type that address in Google maps it's the long property hugging the shore (circled on image below.) Unfortunately the 6 or so homes there are behind a security gate so you can't drive up to it (unless you rent one of the homes there like we did.) You could also rent kayaks in Kailua and paddle toward the Mokes (the Mokulua Islands) but instead hug the coast and paddle over to the small beach to the left of the Villa. Even though the houses there are behind the security gate all beaches in HI are public so you can view the house nicely from there. I assume the interior portions were shot in a studio?

When I get a chance I'll post this info under the Italian Ice episode.

~RG
New info about a post of mine from 4 years ago. The family who owns the rental we stayed at also owns the Italian villa from "Italian Ice", and I see they are now renting it out! Scroll down on this page to "WATCH VIDEO TOUR" for a great video :D https://www.moanablu.com/listing-villa/

NotthatRick
Admiral

#350 Post by NotthatRick »

Hi guys! :) I have been a lurker here off and on for a number of years. And I have been a big Magnum fan since 1980. Happy to be here!

K Hale
Fleet Admiral

#351 Post by K Hale »

Hi NotthatRick! Great name lol!
I didn't realize you were so addicted to pool.
It's not pool.
Billiards.
Snooker!
Snucker.
SNOOKER!

ez14.
Ensign

#352 Post by ez14. »

A Magnum P.I. forum? This is the best thing I have ever found on the internet!

Stelth
Fleet Admiral

#353 Post by Stelth »

Welcome ez14! This is a great place.

KingKC
Fleet Admiral

#354 Post by KingKC »

Hey ez14...welcome to the club.

ez14.
Ensign

#355 Post by ez14. »

Thanks

Robin'sNestPodcast
Ensign

#356 Post by Robin'sNestPodcast »

Hello! We are a Magnum P.I. Fan Podcast named The Robin's Nest . Magnum-Mania is one of the most thorough fan-sites ever! Well Done and thank you!

K Hale
Fleet Admiral

#357 Post by K Hale »

Robin'sNestPodcast wrote:Hello! We are a Magnum P.I. Fan Podcast named The Robin's Nest . Magnum-Mania is one of the most thorough fan-sites ever! Well Done and thank you!
More info please? Sounds interesting.
I didn't realize you were so addicted to pool.
It's not pool.
Billiards.
Snooker!
Snucker.
SNOOKER!

Laohu
Fleet Admiral

#358 Post by Laohu »

Robin'sNestPodcast wrote:Hello! We are a Magnum P.I. Fan Podcast named The Robin's Nest . Magnum-Mania is one of the most thorough fan-sites ever! Well Done and thank you!
I have looked for a Magnum podcast but come up empty I will be sure to look for yours . Looking forward to hearing it.

KingKC
Fleet Admiral

#359 Post by KingKC »

Thanks for the "heads up."

Laohu
Fleet Admiral

#360 Post by Laohu »

Having trouble finding this podcast can you provide a link ?