The Welcome Wagon

Comments, questions, suggestions, criticism... anything at all about the website. This is also the place for member introductions

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

LR_56
Ensign

Re: The Welcome Wagon

#391 Post by LR_56 »

Hi Guys, 8)

Back in the 80's I was getting married and having kids. TV was not always high on the priority list, but my 4 year old son and I watched Magnum as often as possible. To the point that my 4 year old could point out a Ferrari, and not just a red one. 8) After Magnum, I became a huge Scott Bakula fan while watching Quantum Leap. Apparently I am a Donald Bellisario fan as well. :)

I am going through some pretty major health issues. Surgeries and chemo. I have been re watching Magnum. It has been a a pleasant diversion in a difficult time. Great stories, nothing quite as horrific as "ripped from the headlines". A gentler time as TV goes.

Mr. Selleck is a wonderful actor, has great comedic timing, obviously has deep feelings friends, including Higgins, and can portray emotional anguish that breaks your heart. Watching has provided belly laughs as well as tears. Good for my health and healing.

Like others, I echo that, I wish I had found this site earlier. But I am here now!

LK

K Hale
Fleet Admiral

#392 Post by K Hale »

Welcome, LK!
I didn't realize you were so addicted to pool.
It's not pool.
Billiards.
Snooker!
Snucker.
SNOOKER!

terryfromkerry
Fleet Admiral

#393 Post by terryfromkerry »

Welcome aboard LK.
Viewing MPI is beneficial on so many levels. This site is a haven of warm personalities with good humour. May your health and healing continue. :)
"Oh Jonathan !....oh Jonathan, come quickly ...... your hot cross buns are smoking".

ensignwickes
Lieutenant Junior Grade

#394 Post by ensignwickes »

Hi All,

Long time lurker and been a member for a while, so figured it's about time I said hello. I'm 43 so caught most of the show in syndication from the mid 80's on. Though I do remember specifically recording the finale on VHS. So I was aware enough to catch that. My love of the show really developed in the mid 2000's when I went back to school finish my degree. I was married and going to school full time, and the show was on 3 times daily. So Magnum and I were sort of reacquainted and I watched a ton. As a graduation gift my wife gave me a signed Tom Selleck picture. We were never sure it was authentic so several years later she wrote a very nice note to his management and months later I received a personalized signed pic. I'll take a picture and post later. Anyway, the show has has been a constant since. I may go a few months without watching, but always end up circling back. I find I watch when I'm stressed or need an escape. It is and always will be my favorite show. I respected the sense of duty, honor, loyalty, honor, and the integrity to do the right thing even when it hurts that the show (especially TM and Higgins) represents. I'll try and be a more active participant in the conversations around here going forward :)

Also - full disclosure. I do watch the reboot. I wouldn't say I'm a fan, but I don't hate it as some do. But ultimately for me there is only one Magnum and he's about to be 75 years old.

Brian (AKA - Ensign Wickes taken from Lest We Forget)

ConchRepublican
COZITV Magnum, P.I. SuperFan / Chief Barkeep - Flemingo Key

#395 Post by ConchRepublican »

Welcome LR_56 and EnsignWickes!!
CoziTV Superfan spot
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPTmsykLQ04

Hi, Guys!
Ensign

#396 Post by Hi, Guys! »

Hello Magnum Mania!

I am 47 years-old, and the original Magnum, P.I. is my favorite show of all time. I am currently re-watching the series in order and am embarrassed to say that I just recently found this great website. I just joined today, and I look forward to corresponding with the other fans, and learning more details about this classic series. It's awesome knowing so many other people share the same love for the show that I do. I was about the turn eight in December 1980 when the pilot aired, and fifteen when the show ended. Even though I loved the show back then, many viewings as an adult have made me understand and appreciate the series much more.

Sincerely,
"Hi, Guys!"

ConchRepublican

#397 Post by ConchRepublican »

Hi, Guys! wrote:Hello Magnum Mania!

I am 47 years-old, and the original Magnum, P.I. is my favorite show of all time. I am currently re-watching the series in order and am embarrassed to say that I just recently found this great website. I just joined today, and I look forward to corresponding with the other fans, and learning more details about this classic series. It's awesome knowing so many other people share the same love for the show that I do. I was about the turn eight in December 1980 when the pilot aired, and fifteen when the show ended. Even though I loved the show back then, many viewings as an adult have made me understand and appreciate the series much more.

Sincerely,
"Hi, Guys!"
Welcome aboard "Hi, Guys!" The lads are locked up so take your time strolling about our virtual Estate!
CoziTV Superfan spot

Hi, Guys!
Ensign

#398 Post by Hi, Guys! »

ConchRepublican,
Thank you very much for the welcome message. I appreciate it.

Sincerely,
"Hi, Guys"

Hi, Guys!
Ensign

#399 Post by Hi, Guys! »

Magnum Mania Members,

I am looking to add an avatar to my profile, but I'm not very savvy when it comes to creating them. Is it okay for me to use one of the existing ones on the avatar page as long as it's not already in use?

Thanks,
"Hi, Guys!"

ConchRepublican

#400 Post by ConchRepublican »

Hi, Guys! wrote:Magnum Mania Members,

I am looking to add an avatar to my profile, but I'm not very savvy when it comes to creating them. Is it okay for me to use one of the existing ones on the avatar page as long as it's not already in use?

Thanks,
"Hi, Guys!"
Of course that's why they're there, go for it!
CoziTV Superfan spot

Stelth
Fleet Admiral

#401 Post by Stelth »

Hey everyone I've been locked out of here for awhile; I finally got back in thanks to charging an old phone that still had my password.

mrnation8
Lieutenant Junior Grade

#402 Post by mrnation8 »

Been a long time stalker but never joined until now. Been a Magnum fan since I used to watch the show as a kid with my “granny” lol. Finally got to visit Hawaii in February and see Robins Nest with my wife and 7 year old- who loves the show by the way. Definitely used this site to find some of the filing locations to see. It’s basically the only show I’ve ever watched more than a few episodes.

I also like to collect memorabilia when I can and have a few interesting things over the past few years associated with the show. I bought my first Rolex recently and of course it had to be the Pepsi GMT -although mine is the 16710 and not 1675. I’m glad to finally say hi and enjoy reading all the interesting posts.

Chris

K Hale
Fleet Admiral

#403 Post by K Hale »

Hi guy!
I didn't realize you were so addicted to pool.
It's not pool.
Billiards.
Snooker!
Snucker.
SNOOKER!

MikeS
Admiral

#404 Post by MikeS »

A belated welcome to all the new MM members. After a few months around here there's little you won't know about the show, the actors, guests, the house, Hawaii, etc.

Again, welcome :) and enjoy your stay.
MikeS

lemnefresh
Ensign

#405 Post by lemnefresh »

I was just a kid when this show was originally on, and never saw any episodes. My brother-in-law does props for the reboot show, so I started watching to help keep ratings up and help him keep the job. Back in March when everything got shut down, I found myself with a lot of extra time, so I looked for a new show to watch. The original Magnum was on Amazon Prime, so I started watching. Needless to say, I liked it quite a bit. I finished season 4 on June 30th, and when I went to watch on July 1st, it had been taken down. I searched for ways to watch, but didn't really want to pay $80+ for the DVDs. Luckily I was eventually able to find them at my public library and I'm almost done with season 6 now. I come to this website after pretty much every episode to read about it. So I figured I should probably join. My sister and aforementioned brother-in-law live on Oahu, and we have visited several times. I like watching and seeing places I recognize even this many years later. TL;DR, glad to be here