The Welcome Wagon

Comments, questions, suggestions, criticism... anything at all about the website. This is also the place for member introductions

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

zebra3
Fleet Admiral

#46 Post by zebra3 »

robspace54 wrote:Well... HI! Hope that Magnum hasn't taken over your life too much. I've gotten almost done with season 4, and season 5 is waiting. But I try to hold my obsession to one or two stories a week. I try to savor the Magnum-ness.

I hope that you are enjoying your 1980s trip - no cell phones, no Facebook, not a single luxury - sorry - wrong show! :-)

Rob
I could go without cell phones and facebook, but the rest of the world would have to, you just can't make it without cells anymore. Girls and businesses use them, and that means it's required. No more phone booths for superman to change in.
"Burn the land and boil the sea, but you can't take the sky from me."

Styles Bitchley
Magnum Wristwatch Aficionado / Deputy SpamHammer

#47 Post by Styles Bitchley »

HyperCaz wrote:hello all :) :) I bought season 1 of this show last month because I'm into anything from the 80s and before I knew it... I'd bought the whole 8. :D I'm currently watching through the beginning of season 6.

Err... yeah I get obsessed with things really easily. :roll: I also think Rick is really cute. :oops:

EDIT: season 7 now ;)

EDIT: wow I've made it from S6 to S8 since I posted this, and no one has said hi yet :wink:
Welcome Caz. Always nice to have some new blood around here. Judging by your website, you're into quite a few shows from way back when. How about sharing your impressions of MPI compared to the others you're obsessed with?
"How fiendishly deceptive of you Magnum. I could have sworn I was hearing the emasculation of a large rodent."

- J.Q.H.

IKnowWhatYoureThinking
Macho Taco & Coops Connoisseur

#48 Post by IKnowWhatYoureThinking »

Welcome aboard Caz.

Doc Ibold
Maniac Emeritus

#49 Post by Doc Ibold »

Aloha

KMunroe
Lieutenant Junior Grade

#50 Post by KMunroe »

Hi everyone!
I'm only a (very) casual Magnum viewer, but I wanted to say, great site - VERY thorough!

Olivier
Rear Admiral

#51 Post by Olivier »

Welcome aboard !

Mavrick
Pinball Wizard

#52 Post by Mavrick »

Howdy Mate
Magnum, feed the lads, would you? There are steaks in the freezer. Yes you can have one too.

IKnowWhatYoureThinking

#53 Post by IKnowWhatYoureThinking »

Welcome aboard!

IKnowWhatYoureThinking

#54 Post by IKnowWhatYoureThinking »

Welcome aboard KMunroe. It looks like I missed your intro.

JT
Captain

#55 Post by JT »

Hello fellow Magnum fans!

Last year I watched my first episode of Magnum p.i., seasons 2’s Dead man’s Channel. I’ve been hooked ever since!!
I can’t believe I didn’t watch Magnum sooner. I watched the A-team, Miami Vice, Knight Rider, Airwolf etc, when I was little.
I really love to go to the site and read all about the episodes when I’m finished watching them on television/DVD. This site and forum really adds an extra dimension to watching Magnum p.i..
I’m amazed to read about the flubs that are spotted, I love the fact that rubber chicken can find EVERYTHING!!

Keep up the good work!

Styles Bitchley
Magnum Wristwatch Aficionado / Deputy SpamHammer

#56 Post by Styles Bitchley »

Glad you like it JT. I have to agree with you!

Welcome aboard.
"How fiendishly deceptive of you Magnum. I could have sworn I was hearing the emasculation of a large rodent."

- J.Q.H.

IKnowWhatYoureThinking

#57 Post by IKnowWhatYoureThinking »

Welcome JT!

Doc Ibold
Maniac Emeritus

#58 Post by Doc Ibold »

Aloha!!!! Welcome aboard!

zebra3
Fleet Admiral

#59 Post by zebra3 »

Yeah this forums pretty laid back. I've been to some where you really got ridiculed for saying things. I've been thinking I need to go back and watch an episode from season2 or something while I wait to get season 5 on DVD.
"Burn the land and boil the sea, but you can't take the sky from me."

Jelly Doughnuts
Lieutenant Commander

#60 Post by Jelly Doughnuts »

Hi All,

I've been checking out this site on and off since becoming absolutely obsessed with Magnum PI but have just registered yesterday as my obsession is escalating ;)

I'm nearly thirty so Magnum was originally aired somewhat before my time, though I do recall my dad watching it back in the 80's.

Thankfully Channel 7 started reruns here in Australia over the last few years and I was able to discover the TV brilliance that is Magnum PI!

I got so hooked by the first two seasons and when Channel 7 suddenly stopped showing Magnum about half way through Season 2 I was devastated to the max, I'm talking full on Magnum withdrawals, so much so I rushed to the shops to buy some Magnum DVD's! Unfortunately the budget didn't allow me to buy all of them so I sat and waited in hope that Channel 7 would come to their senses and start airing Magnum once again (my desperate attempts to contact Channel 7 and demand they resume airing magnum, failed).

Come 2010 Channel 7 finally got back on track and began showing two episodes per day (probably one of the best days of my life, second only to the birth of my daughter lol).

So the entire series has been shown over the last year and I've now seen almost every episode except the one I'm sure you all know so well "Did you see the sunrise?" thankfully the series is showing again from the start, so I'm waiting... v excited!!

That's about it from me. So happy to have found this place (it feels like home :D ) and so greatful to the wise soul who created it!