The Welcome Wagon

Comments, questions, suggestions, criticism... anything at all about the website. This is also the place for member introductions

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

Dave
Ensign

#16 Post by Dave »

Hello, I stopped in because I'm a Magnum fan, simple as that. I've worked in film and TV for many years behind the scenes, and although I never worked on Magnum as it was slightly before my time professionally, I did have the pleasure of meeting Tom Selleck while I was working on "Last Stand At Saber River". He's a very nice man, Decent and down-to-Earth. A rarity in this business.

J.J. Walters
Founding Father

#17 Post by J.J. Walters »

Welcome to the site Dave! :)

Love "Last Stand At Saber River". Great, great movie.
Higgins: It's not a scratch! It's a bloody gouge!

IKnowWhatYoureThinking
Macho Taco & Coops Connoisseur

#18 Post by IKnowWhatYoureThinking »

Welcome aboard Dave!

Dave
Ensign

#19 Post by Dave »

Thanksmuch ! Some of my fathers' horses were used in the film, and I was on set quite a bit as a horse wrangler. It was one of the few times I've been involved in a film that didn't give me aches and pains :lol:
"Seven against twelve. Well, that's a little uneven. Looks like you guys'll have to go back to Houston and get some more guys!"

PatBe
Lieutenant Junior Grade

#20 Post by PatBe »

hello, all.
I just register here, because I had used that site for a long time, and it is the best one I found, even if a lot exist on the web.
So, many thanks for J.J. Walters for a nice add free site, and all the community here.

IKnowWhatYoureThinking

#21 Post by IKnowWhatYoureThinking »

Welcome aboard and enjoy the best Magnum site out there!

ConchRepublican
COZITV Magnum, P.I. SuperFan / Chief Barkeep - Flemingo Key

#22 Post by ConchRepublican »

Aloha PatBe and okole maluna!
CoziTV Superfan spot
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPTmsykLQ04

J.J. Walters
Founding Father

#23 Post by J.J. Walters »

PatBe wrote:hello, all.
I just register here, because I had used that site for a long time, and it is the best one I found, even if a lot exist on the web.
So, many thanks for J.J. Walters for a nice add free site, and all the community here.
You're quite welcome PatBe. Welcome aboard! :)
Higgins: It's not a scratch! It's a bloody gouge!

Doc Ibold
Maniac Emeritus

#24 Post by Doc Ibold »

Aloha!

firefly
Commander

#25 Post by firefly »

it is great to see that there are still a great number of folks out there that loved the show.

i recently have begun watching the series for the first time since it originally aired (i can't believe that it has been nearly 30 years!), and i am amazed at how well the show has stood the test of time. the episodes are still fun to watch and the writing surpasses all but a select few television shows that have aired since magnum.

great site btw :-)

Styles Bitchley
Magnum Wristwatch Aficionado / Deputy SpamHammer

#26 Post by Styles Bitchley »

firefly wrote:it is great to see that there are still a great number of folks out there that loved the show.

i recently have begun watching the series for the first time since it originally aired (i can't believe that it has been nearly 30 years!), and i am amazed at how well the show has stood the test of time. the episodes are still fun to watch and the writing surpasses all but a select few television shows that have aired since magnum.

great site btw :-)
Welcome Firefly!
"How fiendishly deceptive of you Magnum. I could have sworn I was hearing the emasculation of a large rodent."

- J.Q.H.

firefly
Commander

#27 Post by firefly »

thanks Styles!

as i am re-watching the series it is great to follow up watching a episode and stop by and check out other peoples takes on the episode. not that it will change my opinion or anything :)

Coops
Fleet Admiral

#28 Post by Coops »

Steve wrote:I came in as I heard you all might have some ice cold Coops...........
What the hell gave you that idea??

8)

JJ Quincannon
Lieutenant Commander

#29 Post by JJ Quincannon »

Hello everyone, I have been a regular visitor to this site for several years now but until recently had never checked out the forum. Boy was I missing out on a lot of great information. I have been a fan of MPI since its TV debut. ( I was 20 at the time and watched it with my father we both thought that this would be a great show and hoped it would run for a long time) We were right on both counts.I just registerd yesterday and have never been on a forum. I like how everyone shares there collections and links to articles,photos ect. I am very happy to be here and after I figure out how to post photos I will post some of my collection. Aloha Ed 8)
"Ouuuta Sight"

IKnowWhatYoureThinking

#30 Post by IKnowWhatYoureThinking »

Welcome aboard JJ!