The Welcome Wagon

Comments, questions, suggestions, criticism... anything at all about the website. This is also the place for member introductions

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

Aloha Friday
Admiral

Re: The Welcome Wagon

#421 Post by Aloha Friday »

Thanks!
Aloha Friday
Tidewater, Virginia

Gorilla Mask
Fleet Admiral

#422 Post by Gorilla Mask »

Aloha Friday wrote: Sat Apr 09, 2022 7:37 pm Hi guys, I am new as a member, but have been lurking for about 2 years...discovered your site when home for the great COVID shutdown. Been a Magnum PI fan since the show started. :magnum:
Welcome to the KKM club beach bar!

Our manager Rick, accepts credit cards and will establish a personal account for you;

Our delightful bikini girls waitresses will keep you waiting with the brightest of smiles;

Sir Higgins, President of our Board of Directors, will gladly offer you memberships to our tennis tournaments, handball, canoe races and will associate you with his many charities, as well as... literary readings...

TC, our tourism partner, will offer you an intense experience of a low altitude helicopter flight around the archipelago

Thomas Magnum, our security manager ... hem... will offer you (put on his account...) one or two coop' beers to your health!
"Je sais ce que vous allez me dire, et vous aurez raison..."

RodMarsh
Lieutenant Junior Grade

#423 Post by RodMarsh »

Hi, my name is Rodney Marshall. Got the bug for TV action-adventure from my dad who came to the US in the late-50s, wrote briefly for a couple of shows before returning to the UK and writing scripts for the next thirty years. I have not inherited his creative talent, but I do write book guides to classic TV series; however, there is no need to with Magnum PI as this is the most comprehensive website I have ever come across dedicated to a single show. What do I love about Magnum, apart from the cast/characters? I love the fact that it genuinely is a genre-mash. You have to leave any expectations at the door, as it were. Dark Vietnam tale one week, back to 30s Jazz Age the next. That unpredictability is great. Just when you think it might be becoming formulaic, along comes a story to defy that.

ZelenskyTheValiant (Ivan)
Fleet Admiral

#424 Post by ZelenskyTheValiant (Ivan) »

RodMarsh wrote: Mon May 30, 2022 3:39 pm You have to leave any expectations at the door, as it were. Dark Vietnam tale one week, back to 30s Jazz Age the next. That unpredictability is great. Just when you think it might be becoming formulaic, along comes a story to defy that.
Welcome Rodney!

And the funny thing is that somehow it actually worked!! When it shouldn't have. They tried crazy ideas on the Five-0 reboot and it always failed big time! It's all down to the writing and the acting. MPI had excellent actors and very good writers. These modern reboots have NONE of that!

IKnowWhatYoureThinking
Macho Taco & Coops Connoisseur

#425 Post by IKnowWhatYoureThinking »

Welcome aboard to all new Maniacs!