The Welcome Wagon

Comments, questions, suggestions, criticism... anything at all about the website. This is also the place for member introductions

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

KENJI
Fleet Admiral

Re: The Welcome Wagon

#196 Post by KENJI »

308GUY wrote:Great pic RG!

Have seen many different people take and post that same picture in one form or another. I have to wonder (having NOT been there myself.. :cry:) if when, one is standing/sitting/walking/wading in front of that gate and wall, if there's a little part of you that half expects to see TM or JQH come walking through at any moment.. :lol: Of course, I know that is rediculous and out of touch with reality, but it's just that the scene seems SO familiar, and having one of them in it so natural, it must at least cause a quickened pulse for a millisecond! :magnum:

"Rambling maaaaaan.............yea!"
Rembrandt's Girl wrote:
KENJI wrote:Thanks again RG!
It's better to play on the safe side when dealing with the kids.....maybe when they are older they can paddle you out to the Mokes!
Now that's a great idea!

I was just reading your Waimanalo post from a few weeks ago that you were headed to Hawaii at the end of February. Did you go to Oahu? And if so, where did you stay if you don't mind sharing. Another if so, did you go to Pahonu? I see someone posted today that there's no beach at Pahonu. I was there in July 2012 and there was definitely beach then. Maybe the term "beach" is subjective, lol! Here's a photo I took from the tidal pool. Anyway, I'd love to hear about your visit, Kenji!

~RG

Hi RG.....We went to the Big Island on this trip and stayed in Waikoloa. Have you've been there? I booked prior to Pahonu being listed -darn.....it should still be there next year (no guarantees after that) so Oahu might be on the radar again for 2015. I've been there many times, but will never get tired of it - truly paradise! At least the tidal pool will be safe no matter what happens to Pahonu which helps ease the pain we are all feeling.

Hey 308GUY......I can't say that I half expect to see T.M. or J.Q.H., but viewing the place in the flesh does speed up the pulse a bit. When you finally get to see Pahonu in person and walk/swim in the tidal pool that you have seen others do on tv, you can't stop smiling...it's a special feeling that is for sure.

Rembrandt's Girl
Fleet Admiral

#197 Post by Rembrandt's Girl »

KENJI wrote:
308GUY wrote:Great pic RG!

Have seen many different people take and post that same picture in one form or another. I have to wonder (having NOT been there myself.. :cry:) if when, one is standing/sitting/walking/wading in front of that gate and wall, if there's a little part of you that half expects to see TM or JQH come walking through at any moment.. :lol: Of course, I know that is rediculous and out of touch with reality, but it's just that the scene seems SO familiar, and having one of them in it so natural, it must at least cause a quickened pulse for a millisecond! :magnum:

"Rambling maaaaaan.............yea!"
Rembrandt's Girl wrote:
KENJI wrote:Thanks again RG!
It's better to play on the safe side when dealing with the kids.....maybe when they are older they can paddle you out to the Mokes!
Now that's a great idea!

I was just reading your Waimanalo post from a few weeks ago that you were headed to Hawaii at the end of February. Did you go to Oahu? And if so, where did you stay if you don't mind sharing. Another if so, did you go to Pahonu? I see someone posted today that there's no beach at Pahonu. I was there in July 2012 and there was definitely beach then. Maybe the term "beach" is subjective, lol! Here's a photo I took from the tidal pool. Anyway, I'd love to hear about your visit, Kenji!

~RG
Hi RG.....We went to the Big Island on this trip and stayed in Waikoloa. Have you've been there? I booked prior to Pahonu being listed -darn.....it should still be there next year (no guarantees after that) so Oahu might be on the radar again for 2015. I've been there many times, but will never get tired of it - truly paradise! At least the tidal pool will be safe no matter what happens to Pahonu which helps ease the pain we are all feeling.

Hey 308GUY......I can't say that I half expect to see T.M. or J.Q.H., but viewing the place in the flesh does speed up the pulse a bit. When you finally get to see Pahonu in person and walk/swim in the tidal pool that you have seen others do on tv, you can't stop smiling...it's a special feeling that is for sure.
Hi Kenji,

Thanks for letting me know. I've never been to the Big Island, just Oahu, Maui and Lanai. It's on my list, though! Headed back to Oahu this summer so I'll definitely be back at Pahonu...a few times! My kids love the tidal pool. You're right...it's an amazing place to be. Sigh.

Hi 308GUY,

After having seen all the episodes so many times, when I’m there it’s like the show was actually a part of my life...that I lived it. I hope that doesn’t sound too nutty. The only time I visualize one of the cast is when looking out toward the tidal pool it seems like Magnum will come swimming or paddling up. To me it’s sad to look into the estate through the back gates because Magnum and Higgins are no longer there. It’s even kind of sad to me when Eve’s dogs come to the fence because they’re not the lads looking through at you! :cry: I sure hope the new owner restores Robin’s Nest! I just bought my MegaMillions ticket this morning :D

~RG

KENJI
Fleet Admiral

#198 Post by KENJI »

Hi RG,
I've visited those islands as well!
You'll have to post a few pics of Pahonu when you go back in the summer.
K

magnumette
Lieutenant Commander

#199 Post by magnumette »

Hi fellow Magnum maniacs:
I am thrilled to b ehere
oxoxo to all.

308GUY
Fleet Admiral

#200 Post by 308GUY »

Aloha...mahalo..and hawaya-hawaya-hawaya.. :D

Welcome to the best MPI site anywhere.

Not been here all that long myself, but just saw your post and wanted to extend a warm welcome from another somewhat "newcomer".

Good folks here, and I can tell already, you share the passion.

Some more of the "gang" will be along directly to welcome you and invite you to post more. :magnum:

Welcome aboard.... :higgins:
"C'mon TC...nothing can go wrong!"

Doc Ibold
Maniac Emeritus

#201 Post by Doc Ibold »

Welcome aboard! Any questions you may have, feel free to ask! We're about as troll free as it gets, and glad to have you!

magnumette
Lieutenant Commander

#202 Post by magnumette »

thank you doc and 308 I do share the passion :)

ConchRepublican
COZITV Magnum, P.I. SuperFan / Chief Barkeep - Flemingo Key

#203 Post by ConchRepublican »

magnumette wrote:Hi fellow Magnum maniacs:
I am thrilled to b ehere
oxoxo to all.
Aloha Magnumette!!!

Take a stroll around the grounds, Doc has the Lads occupied with some fine steaks so you should be uninterrupted for a while. :magnum:
CoziTV Superfan spot
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPTmsykLQ04

magnumette
Lieutenant Commander

#204 Post by magnumette »

Thank you Conch R! I have had a blast in the last few weeks checking out this great website. IT has been such fun. And I love the fact the lads are occupied b/c while I am entering different rooms ("pages") I would always look at the dogs and forget to work the lock.........
Hey Conch , when is the last time you were in the Keys? I grew up-mostly -in NY- but have become such a native here in Miami I hardly ever make the trip to Key largo - never mind Key west:(. Closest key I go to is Key Biscayne lol ( for others not familiar with Miami's geography Key Biscayne is in Miami -just about 3 miles over a bridge from downtown Miami or Miami Beach) while Key Largo and the well- known key west is 160 miles away.

I miss too many sunrises here in paradise east ...

ConchRepublican
COZITV Magnum, P.I. SuperFan / Chief Barkeep - Flemingo Key

#205 Post by ConchRepublican »

magnumette wrote:Thank you Conch R! I have had a blast in the last few weeks checking out this great website. IT has been such fun. And I love the fact the lads are occupied b/c while I am entering different rooms ("pages") I would always look at the dogs and forget to work the lock.........
Hey Conch , when is the last time you were in the Keys? I grew up-mostly -in NY- but have become such a native here in Miami I hardly ever make the trip to Key largo - never mind Key west:(. Closest key I go to is Key Biscayne lol ( for others not familiar with Miami's geography Key Biscayne is in Miami -just about 3 miles over a bridge from downtown Miami or Miami Beach) while Key Largo and the well- known key west is 160 miles away.

I miss too many sunrises here in paradise east ...
I was just in Key Largo May 30th. 8) LOVE the sunsets from there . .. the Bayside Inn is a cute little place with a cool Tiki place next door, Snooks.

My wife had business in Miami so we made a long weekend out of it, hitting Key Largo Friday and then up to South Beach on Saturday. We had brunch at the Rusty Pelican on Sunday before we left. Excellent mojito!

Heading back the Keys for New Years. We used to do Key West but it's gotten too expensive so it's back to Key Largo. It's not like Alabama Jack's and the Caribbean Club stink. :wink:

Where in NY? I'm from Rego Park/Forest Hills area. Blue Bloods films all around me . . .
CoziTV Superfan spot
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPTmsykLQ04

magnumette
Lieutenant Commander

#206 Post by magnumette »

AS Conch republican said. "
"I was just in Key Largo May 30th. 8) LOVE the sunsets from there . .. the Bayside Inn is a cute little place with a cool Tiki place next door, Snooks."

Hey Conch:
I love Alabama Jack's! It is a classic! I used to drive there 10 years ago every couple of months to kayak near the Key then swing by Card Sound and Jack's for a beer and conch fritters. ( pity they don't sell Coops or Old Dusseldorf LOL) . Sunsets are great . Yeah I agree Key west is too expensive and too far especially since Key Largo is so great too! Been about 2 years since I have been there..... Gotta go soon.
I drive past Rusty Pelican every day and have yet to go there! Mojito sounds nice about now as well.
TM mentions paradise and smelling the flowers it reminds me how there are many beautiful places if we just stop and appreciate them :)

Luther's nephew Dobie
Fleet Admiral

#207 Post by Luther's nephew Dobie »

Hi Guys,
I joined a year ago but only started posting recently. I just noticed The Welcome Wagon topic, so I thought I should say hello. My name is Mike and I like in Jersey in Garwood(not Little Garwood) and I am a avid Magnum fan.
There are so many topics I expect it will take a long time to get up to speed so if I post something you guys have covered to the nth degree, I am just being a rookie.
I also have a off beat sense of humor and if I inadvertently tick you off, just let me know, I would never knowingly insult anyone, which is a cowardly thing to do anyway on the internet.
There are so many interesting people here from all over.
Where else could I get a real Irishman's(Terry from Kerry) input on how good Hillerman's accent is when he does Father Paddy?
And it turns out the Magnum Super Fan who I thought was so entertaining on Cozi Tv's Magnum marathon and too cool for school is one of you guys too!
The information and photos you guys have gathered on the series I have found to be a gold mine.
Plus your leader JJ had done a good job with the episode guide, it's very reader friendly.
Aloha
Mike from Jersey

Luther's nephew Dobie
Fleet Admiral

#208 Post by Luther's nephew Dobie »

Hi Guys,
I should have previewed my post, I meant to write I "live" in Jerey not like, and of course JJ 'had' done should read JJ 'has' done.
Just want my 9th grade English teacher Miss Learish to be happy.
Mike

magnumette
Lieutenant Commander

#209 Post by magnumette »

Welcome Luther's Nephew Dobie! I have been here about 3 weeks and love the site as well. Your humor is lovely!It really seems like a great board - it is my first and people seem so positive and like minded -all avid magnum fans. JJ is amazing IMHO and the rubber chicken puts fodor's and lonely planet to shame. My next trip to Hawaii- I promised I'd go again if not retire there- I will use his amazing mapping skills for a second tour to the magnum locales. If you haven't checked out rubber chickens posts, mike do it . Really fun.

DogZy
Lieutenant

#210 Post by DogZy »

Hello hello magnumette and Luther's nephew Dobie from a newcomer. Well, I am here for some 4-5 months, but I've been busy on Uni so don't have the time I want to spend for Magnum Mania forum. Take your shoes off and get comfy :P

Indeed, this site and community (people) is / are perfection!