How old is Magnum Mania

Comments, questions, suggestions, criticism... anything at all about the website. This is also the place for member introductions

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

Styles Bitchley
Magnum Wristwatch Aficionado / Deputy SpamHammer

How old is Magnum Mania

#1 Post by Styles Bitchley »

Hey James,

When looking at the join date of several forum members, I'm a bit confused. It looks like your profile dates from 2007, but some I've seen are from 2006.

When did the site and the forum first go online?
"How fiendishly deceptive of you Magnum. I could have sworn I was hearing the emasculation of a large rodent."

- J.Q.H.

J.J. Walters
Founding Father

#2 Post by J.J. Walters »

Hi Styles,

The site went into production (i.e. "The Net") in October of 2006. The forum went up in January of 2007 (I think). I started working on the site sometime in 2005, all part-time (after work, after the kids are in bed, the dishes done, etc.), usually late at night. ;)
Higgins: It's not a scratch! It's a bloody gouge!

Styles Bitchley
Magnum Wristwatch Aficionado / Deputy SpamHammer

#3 Post by Styles Bitchley »

Pretty cool it's been around for so long now. Wading through the archived postings would take up a fair chunk of time! :o

Lots of great stuff to read - especially from well-informed members that don't seem to participate anymore.
"How fiendishly deceptive of you Magnum. I could have sworn I was hearing the emasculation of a large rodent."

- J.Q.H.

Hawaii Winds
Admiral

Re:

#4 Post by Hawaii Winds »

J.J. Walters wrote:Hi Styles,

The site went into production (i.e. "The Net") in October of 2006. The forum went up in January of 2007 (I think). I started working on the site sometime in 2005, all part-time (after work, after the kids are in bed, the dishes done, etc.), usually late at night. ;)
Tanks bruddah for da site!