Okay, I give up: What WAS going on?

Comments, questions, suggestions, criticism... anything at all about the website. This is also the place for member introductions

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

golfmobile
Chopper Pilot Wannabe

Okay, I give up: What WAS going on?

#1 Post by golfmobile »

I don't know if any of you check the statistics at the bottom of the forum main page, but it lists that the most of us ever online all at the same time was Sun Nov 16, 2008 7:25 a.m. Well, that's GMT, right? So that's 2:25 a.m. in the morning to most of us here in the States. I can pretty well guarantee you that I wasn't among those 52 people.

What the HECK was going on during that 24-hour time frame that would have 52 (!!!) of us all online and logged in here at the same time?

Just curious.

golf
"Portside, buddy."

beachbum
Lieutenant

#2 Post by beachbum »

I read another post like this here and read it was due to alot of spam bots being online here .

IKnowWhatYoureThinking
Macho Taco & Coops Connoisseur

#3 Post by IKnowWhatYoureThinking »

That would explain it, and I was not up at that time either.

Welcome to the boards beachbum!

beachbum
Lieutenant

#4 Post by beachbum »

thanks for the welcome . This is the best MPI site I have seen yet , lots of great info here .

J.J. Walters
Founding Father

#5 Post by J.J. Walters »

Yep, it was a large gathering of spambots attempting to register and log in to the forum. Most can get past the CAPTCHA (i.e. confirmation code), but none (so far) are smart enough to navigate away from the registration page to grab a (second level) authorization code (here 'ferrari308gts') to complete the registration.

Muh-ha-ha-ha!! :twisted:
Higgins: It's not a scratch! It's a bloody gouge!