Wonderful Website!

Comments, questions, suggestions, criticism... anything at all about the website. This is also the place for member introductions

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

N1095A
World Class Private Investigator

#16 Post by N1095A »

Welcome Felix Fong, to the site. You will learn more here than you ever thought. Some great people here too.
I took the liberty of resizing your picture and saving it to my image shack account as a .jpg
All you have to do is right click on it, save the url, and add it as your avatar. Hope this helps.
By the way, great screen name! I have to look back at "Dream A Little Dream" to see if Felix ever appeared on screen, or just his name was used. Anyway, I love these great obscure characters being used as screen names. Have you met Artie Canoe?
"But Higgins, I can explain."

Felix Fong
Lieutenant Junior Grade

#17 Post by Felix Fong »

Thanks Rubber Chicken, and N1095A.

Agatha
Baroness of Oahu

#18 Post by Agatha »

Welcome, Felix Fong! Nice to know that I'm not the only Magnum Maniac in the great Evergreen State!!

:)
Isn't the ocean beautiful at sunset? So soft....so peaceful...so romantic!

Felix Fong
Lieutenant Junior Grade

#19 Post by Felix Fong »

Agatha wrote:Welcome, Felix Fong! Nice to know that I'm not the only Magnum Maniac in the great Evergreen State!!

Hi agatha! I get it. "The upper left hand corner.
I have a couple of days off, and I spent a lot of time reading on the site. I can't believe how detailed the information is. Magnum, P.I. has always been a guilty pleasure of mine. It looks as if I've found some like-minded people. I'll have to tell my story of flying in first class with Tom Selleck about 15 years ago. I was sitting there minding my own business, and one row up, across the asile I saw someone who looked familiar. He didn't have the moustache, and could only see him in profile. so I didn't immediately recognize him as Tom Selleck. I won't say I stalked him, as we were by coincidence in the same small area, I paid attention. When I heard him speak, I knew the voice. Not wanting to bother him, I waited until we were leaving the plane, and when he walked past, I said "Aren't you..." Before I finished he smiled and said yes. Having my witts in a rare moment, I said. " Smokey and the Bandit! " This brought a big smile, and he knew I was kidding. I told him how much I enjoyed Magnum, we shook hands and went out seperate ways. I now regret I didn't think to ask for an autograph. Hindsight!

Doc Ibold
Maniac Emeritus

#20 Post by Doc Ibold »

N1095A wrote:Welcome Felix Fong, to the site. You will learn more here than you ever thought. Some great people here too.
I took the liberty of resizing your picture and saving it to my image shack account as a .jpg
All you have to do is right click on it, save the url, and add it as your avatar. Hope this helps.
By the way, great screen name! I have to look back at "Dream A Little Dream" to see if Felix ever appeared on screen, or just his name was used. Anyway, I love these great obscure characters being used as screen names. Have you met Artie Canoe?
Felix never appeared onscreen. All you saw was his name in the window.

Agatha
Baroness of Oahu

#21 Post by Agatha »

Wow! I can't believe you had the presence of mind to tease him a bit! I probably wouldn't be able to get my mouth to close or my brain to engage!! I always hope that if I would meet someone that I admire as much as "our" Tom, I'd treat them with respect and consideration. Sounds like you did.

I think it would be kind of fun for someone like Tom to create an autograph...maybe on some nice paper with a graphic or a border. He could set up a web site and sell them for not too much (hopefully) as a fund raiser for a cause that he believes in. I know I'd buy one!

Nice day in the Northwest yesterday. Hope you had a chance to get out in it. Rain again today. Sigh.

Hope you're having fun with the site. James has done a really great job for us!!

Isn't the ocean beautiful at sunset? So soft....so peaceful...so romantic!

N1095A
World Class Private Investigator

#22 Post by N1095A »

Great story Felix! I know if it had been me, I'd likely have said something stupid. There's always that fear upon meeting a celebrity, especially one you really respect, that (a) they'll think you're an idiot, or (b) They'll turn out to be a jerk. I don't think you'd have to worry about (b) with TS. He has a great record of veing very graceous to fans. In my case I'd be more worried about (a).
I am curious though, how long were you on the plane with him before you realized it was TS, and what was your first thought upon that realization?

Just a side note, This story should probably be copied to the "Anyone ever met Selleck?" thread.
"But Higgins, I can explain."

Zudobug
Lieutenant Commander

#23 Post by Zudobug »

Just a note saying on how good this website is. Over the past few days I've been reading some of the episode guides and all of the other little bits of info here and I think it's a very informative website on Magnum. It's well written and I can't think of any other Magnum website that goes into as much depth as this one.

Styles Bitchley
Magnum Wristwatch Aficionado / Deputy SpamHammer

#24 Post by Styles Bitchley »

Zudobug wrote:It's well written and I can't think of any other Magnum website that goes into as much depth as this one.
I second that Zodo. I keep waiting for JJ to add a new 'article' to the list of remarkably well researched and well written entries on the left side panel (Higgins' History, King Kamehameha Club, Robin's Nest, etc.).

Probably one of the best things is that the site is uncluttered and easy to read. Most fan sites are just so overwhelming with their flashy images and fonts that the actual content seems like an afterthought.
"How fiendishly deceptive of you Magnum. I could have sworn I was hearing the emasculation of a large rodent."

- J.Q.H.