Hawaii Five-O: Any Fans?

1948-present

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

Sam
Fleet Admiral

#121 Post by Sam »

Hi Little Garwood,

You mentioned "Model of a Wooden Rat" from season 8.

The Marks Estate was used as the home of August March and I'm wondering if you can cap a scene for me.

The scene is Ed Asner and Kwan Hi Kim exiting a room,it comes up at the 22 minute mark on my DVR but I'm sure it' a bit earlier on the DVD.

Rick Romer mentioned in his blog that the Marks Estate was used in the Pilot for Higgins office and that room sure fits.Wondering if others see it the same way..

Thanks LG

Sam
Fleet Admiral

#122 Post by Sam »

After my last post I was thinking of other episodes from HFO that used the Marks Estate and I came up with one more.

Season 9 "Dealers Choice-Blackmail" ..The Guest Star was John Ritter.. In checking the IMDB credits I noticed that 11 other actors from that episode also appeared in MPI.

Amanda McBroom....Country singer...Let Me Hear the Music

Nehemiah Persoff...Rabbi Solomon..Torah

Kam Fong....2 episodes

Jorie Remus...Landlady...Eighth Part of the Village

Joe Moore....5 eps

Herman Wedemeyer....Coroner...Curse KKC

Rap Reiplinger....Chef....Sunrise

Ernest Chan....Butler...Don Luis Higgins

Deborah Takuski...2 eps

Earl Kingston....2 eps.

Sam
Fleet Admiral

#123 Post by Sam »

I finished watching an episode of the new HFO today,one that was shown 2 or 3 weeks ago.
Steve and Danno used Dannos ex-wife's house for surveillance..

For whatever reason they added a small hill behind the house,the house is actually on the water.. and for sale..

http://choi-realty.com/1012107

rubber chicken
Master Location Sleuth

#124 Post by rubber chicken »

Good job Sam, I guess we'll have to give you first dibs on buying the house since you found it. ;) Funny how they added the hill, I'd bet the future owners will be glad they have the water instead of a hill. :)

BTW, I'm glad everything we see in Magnum P.I. really existed.

Olivier
Rear Admiral

#125 Post by Olivier »

Sam wrote:they added a small hill behind the house
:shock:

They don't want some fans locate the house :arrow: .

grundle
Admiral

#126 Post by grundle »

grundle wrote:I own seasons 4 and 5. I may buy a few other seasons in the future. But I don't see any need to own all 12.

Now I also own season 6. I love it, and I can't imagine any of the seasons that I don't already own being any better.

Little Garwood
Fleet Admiral

#127 Post by Little Garwood »

grundle wrote:
grundle wrote:I own seasons 4 and 5. I may buy a few other seasons in the future. But I don't see any need to own all 12.

Now I also own season 6. I love it, and I can't imagine any of the seasons that I don't already own being any better.
IMO, season seven suffers a drop off in quality, whereas seasons eight and nine are a return to form; with season eight being a favorite of mine. Seasons four and five are IMO Five-O at its peak.

I have S10 on order, though I've never seen an episode from that year. I'm staying with Five-O 'til the bitter end! :lol:
"Popularity is the pocket change of history."

~Tom Selleck

grundle
Admiral

#128 Post by grundle »

Little Garwood wrote:
grundle wrote:

IMO, season seven suffers a drop off in quality, whereas seasons eight and nine are a return to form; with season eight being a favorite of mine. Seasons four and five are IMO Five-O at its peak.

I have S10 on order, though I've never seen an episode from that year. I'm staying with Five-O 'til the bitter end! :lol:

Thanks.

What do you think of season 3?

Little Garwood
Fleet Admiral

#129 Post by Little Garwood »

grundle wrote:Thanks.

The first six seasons are all quite strong: Ten Thousand Diamonds and a Heart; The Grandstand Play; Trouble in Mind; Over Fifty? Steal! and To Kill or Be Killed are all tremendous shows. We also get a pair of Wo Fat stories; one of which is a two parter!

If I ever get around to a "Top 40 Episodes" list, I know a few of the above will be on it.

~Tom Selleck

grundle
Admiral

#130 Post by grundle »

Little Garwood wrote:
grundle wrote:Thanks.

The first six seasons are all quite strong: Ten Thousand Diamonds and a Heart; The Grandstand Play; Trouble in Mind; Over Fifty? Steal! and To Kill or Be Killed are all tremendous shows. We also get a pair of Wo Fat stories; one of which is a two parter!

If I ever get around to a "Top 40 Episodes" list, I know a few of the above will be on it.
Thanks!

Sam
Fleet Admiral

#131 Post by Sam »

Hey pretty cool..2 years before the start of MPI.Hillerman appeared in an episode of HFO..But what is really cool..he appeared at the estate.

~

Last edited by Sam on Thu Apr 26, 2018 10:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

J.J. Walters
Founding Father

#132 Post by J.J. Walters »

Aha! So he was at the Estate in this episode! Cool! :)
Higgins: It's not a scratch! It's a bloody gouge!

Little Garwood
Fleet Admiral

#133 Post by Little Garwood »

J.J. Walters wrote:Aha! So he was at the Estate in this episode! Cool! :)
I didn't know that John did a second episode! The one with him at the Estate is from season ten, A Stranger in His Grave. I haven't got my tenth season Five-O DVDs yet (Christmas???). Thanks for posting those screencaps!

~Tom Selleck

Pahonu
Robin's Nest Expert Extraordinaire

#134 Post by Pahonu »

I remember seeing this one and recognizing the estate. I think I mentioned this episode in a post way back, but I haven't seen it in at least 15 years. If memory serves me, there is also a scene showing the interior of what I thought was a room facing the seawall nearer the rear of the house, not in the one story ell. It would be in the two-story section on the first floor with wrought iron grills over the windows. I believe this is one of the windows Rick and TC try to break into in the episode about jewel thieves with Cesar Romero. I don't remember why I thought it was that room, and I could certainly be wrong, it's been so long. Can't wait to see more screen caps if they're available.

Now that I think of it, I might be confusing this one with the Hawaii Five-0 episode where the estate was made to look like a horse ranch with a white fence along the drive. Or is this the same episode? It's been too long!

Pahonu
Robin's Nest Expert Extraordinaire

#135 Post by Pahonu »

Whoops!

I just saw Sam's post with pictures on the Pahonu thread. I now feel more confident in my original recollection.