Recent Passing of Stars

1948-present

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

Pahonu
Robin's Nest Expert Extraordinaire

Re: Recent Passing of Stars

#16 Post by Pahonu »

ZelenskyTheValiant (Ivan) wrote: Mon Jan 16, 2023 5:05 pm Hey Dobie, here's an interesting one for ya... who would you rather get stuck in a cab with... O.J. or Lenny Dykstra? :shock: The latter might not try to kill you. But he might hire someone. :wink:
Wow! What a question. :shock:

Luther's nephew Dobie
Fleet Admiral

#17 Post by Luther's nephew Dobie »

Pahonu wrote: Mon Jan 16, 2023 9:59 pm
ZelenskyTheValiant (Ivan) wrote: Mon Jan 16, 2023 5:05 pm Hey Dobie, here's an interesting one for ya... who would you rather get stuck in a cab with... O.J. or Lenny Dykstra? :shock: The latter might not try to kill you. But he might hire someone. :wink:
Every time I take the local cab I would ask the driver if he ever drove/knew Dykstra, who recently moved from Linden as the locals were finally on to him:

Things like illegally renting out all the rooms in his house to hollowed out skels.
Having a stream of NYC working girls come by train to the station where the cabbies picked them up for delivery.
A classic prison graduate who deems himself smarter than everyone else(why were you in prison then?) who every second is looking to get over on the citizen.

But as the cabbies said after their 2nd or 3rd interaction with him they rated him a "piece of s---", an exact quote.
Oh, and he barely escaped statutory rape charges when he was 'dating' the very young teens at his car wash.

Ivan,
OJ the murderer is hardly likely to kill again and may even be reformed, he has behaved himself since getting out. If I had to ride with one of these denizens of the gutter?
I'd choose OJ as he would probably comport himself as a man, on the surface at least. While Dykstra is a punk, nothing redeemable.

ZelenskyTheValiant (Ivan)
Fleet Admiral

#18 Post by ZelenskyTheValiant (Ivan) »

Luther's nephew Dobie wrote: Tue Jan 17, 2023 3:18 am
Pahonu wrote: Mon Jan 16, 2023 9:59 pm
Every time I take the local cab I would ask the driver if he ever drove/knew Dykstra, who recently moved from Linden as the locals were finally on to him:

Things like illegally renting out all the rooms in his house to hollowed out skels.
Having a stream of NYC working girls come by train to the station where the cabbies picked them up for delivery.
A classic prison graduate who deems himself smarter than everyone else(why were you in prison then?) who every second is looking to get over on the citizen.

But as the cabbies said after their 2nd or 3rd interaction with him they rated him a "piece of s---", an exact quote.
Oh, and he barely escaped statutory rape charges when he was 'dating' the very young teens at his car wash.

Ivan,
OJ the murderer is hardly likely to kill again and may even be reformed, he has behaved himself since getting out. If I had to ride with one of these denizens of the gutter?
I'd choose OJ as he would probably comport himself as a man, on the surface at least. While Dykstra is a punk, nothing redeemable.
Oh, snap!! :shock: :shock: :shock: You know you're seriously messed up when someone would pick O.J. over you. :lol:

Pahonu
Robin's Nest Expert Extraordinaire

#19 Post by Pahonu »

Not making a call on this one, but after not being convicted of the murders, he was convicted of armed robbery.

https://www.npr.org/2021/12/15/10644654 ... ly-release

Chris109
Fleet Admiral

#20 Post by Chris109 »

Pahonu wrote: Tue Jan 17, 2023 3:15 pm Not making a call on this one, but after not being convicted of the murders, he was convicted of armed robbery.

And he paid his debt for that one.

But, since he's been out...

https://blacksportsonline.com/2021/08/o ... who-he-is/

And now, onto Alec Baldwin. Involuntary manslaughter. He'll get away with it. Never mind that he had a loaded round in his pocket.

Chris109
Fleet Admiral

#21 Post by Chris109 »

Dammit.

Many a night...

Chris109
Fleet Admiral

#22 Post by Chris109 »

I see Melinda Dillon passed away recently. People you grew up with are just leaving in droves.

Death is part of life. I know that sounds trite,
but the very nature of life means that the older we get the more losses we're going to experience.
---J.Q. Higgins

Chris109
Fleet Admiral

#23 Post by Chris109 »

And now Gary Rossington, the last surviving member of the original Lynyrd Skynyrd, passed away over the weekend. Think I'm gonna go upstairs, drag out my geetar, and play me some Sweet Home Alabama.

Aloha Friday
Admiral

#24 Post by Aloha Friday »

Just saw George Maharis passed away at 94 earlier this week. He played Buz Murdock on Route 66 along side of Martin Milner.
Aloha Friday
Tidewater, Virginia

Chris109
Fleet Admiral

#25 Post by Chris109 »

Aloha Friday wrote: Sun May 28, 2023 5:52 pm Just saw George Maharis passed away at 94 earlier this week. He played Buz Murdock on Route 66 along side of Martin Milner.
I saw that also. Didn't know he was a prevert.

Chris109
Fleet Admiral

#26 Post by Chris109 »

Chris109 wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 9:48 pm
Pahonu wrote: Tue Jan 17, 2023 3:15 pm Not making a call on this one, but after not being convicted of the murders, he was convicted of armed robbery.

And he paid his debt for that one.

But, since he's been out...

https://blacksportsonline.com/2021/08/o ... who-he-is/

And now, onto Alec Baldwin. Involuntary manslaughter. He'll get away with it. Never mind that he had a loaded round in his pocket.

Did I call it?

Prosecutors dismiss Alec Baldwin charge, citing new evidence
April 21, 2023

SANTA FE, N.M. (AP) — Prosecutors on Friday formally dismissed an involuntary manslaughter charge against Alec Baldwin in the fatal 2021 shooting of a cinematographer on the set of the Western film “Rust, ” citing new evidence and the need for more time to investigate.

In a stunning turnaround for the 65-year-old A-list actor, special prosecutors Kari Morrissey and Jason Lewis filed the notice to dismiss the only remaining criminal allegation against Baldwin in state District Court in Santa Fe. Prosecutors say the investigation of the shooting that killed Halyna Hutchins and injured director Joel Souza is ongoing.

2-tiered justice system

It's not who you know,
it's who you blow.

Luther's nephew Dobie
Fleet Admiral

#27 Post by Luther's nephew Dobie »

Chris109 wrote: Mon May 29, 2023 10:20 pm
Aloha Friday wrote: Sun May 28, 2023 5:52 pm Just saw George Maharis passed away at 94 earlier this week. He played Buz Murdock on Route 66 along side of Martin Milner.
Hi Chris,
I usually enjoy your posts, they are fun, and when you seemed to be gone from these boards for awhile I hoped it wasn't permament.

But Maharis a "pervert"?

He was highly esteemed by many acting greats such as James Dean with whom he knocked around in the 1950's NYC acting scene.
Maharis and Martin Milner co-starred in what Ed Asner maintained till his dying day was the finest written TV series of all time, "Route 66".
The two leads traveled across the USA of JFK's New Frontier in a corvette, capturing the last gasp of a pre Beatles/Vietnam War/Flower Power America.
Filmed entirely on location, it preserves forever on film that now lost world.
Lead by writers Stirling Silliphant and Howard Rodman, the series was aimed unapologetically at the savvy viewer.
If one watches the Kardashians or Scooby-Doo it ain't for you.
I would note what a genuinely nice guy Maharis was, never failing to take a moment to chat with a fan or sign an autograph.
When an online Route 66 group I am part of decided to send George birthday cards a few years ago, he responded to the dozens of cards by sending each well wisher a
hand written letter of thanks and an autographed photo.
As well, those who had enclosed their phone numbers each received over the next few weeks a phone call from George!
What star today displays that kind of grace and appreciation for the public?

So he was gay, so who cares?

He was a life long Republican who counted President and Mrs. Reagan as friends. A proud Marine, where he learned boxing, he was so adept at it that when former
pro welterweight boxer Jack Warden(14 bouts) sparred with him during a break on a Route 66 episode, he asked Maharis if he had ever considered turning
pro when he was younger. This was no mincing cliche, but a tough 6 foot tall NYC street kid that one wouldn't lightly challenge.
Oh and by the way, he left his entire estate to the Marine Corp.
I'd call him a patriotic American who honorably served when called, unlike many politicians.

I met Marilyn Chambers in person, I'm not about to label her because of her sex life. Okay, so I admit she was sitting naked on a 3 legged stool,
maybe that is a little offbeat, but she seemed like plain folks and we had a nice chat.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"I know positively that our good friend Dr. Stall has treated this boy...for Malta fever, Beriberi and that dreaded of all diseases, Mo Go on the Ga Go Go."
Egbert Souse(WC Fields) in The Bank Dick (1940)

Chris109
Fleet Admiral

#28 Post by Chris109 »

Luther's nephew Dobie wrote: Sun Jun 04, 2023 3:43 am
Hi Chris,
I usually enjoy your posts, they are fun, and when you seemed to be gone from these boards for awhile I hoped it wasn't permament.

But Maharis a "pervert"?

He was highly esteemed by many acting greats such as James Dean with whom he knocked around in the 1950's NYC acting scene.
Maharis and Martin Milner co-starred in what Ed Asner maintained till his dying day was the finest written TV series of all time, "Route 66".
The two leads traveled across the USA of JFK's New Frontier in a corvette, capturing the last gasp of a pre Beatles/Vietnam War/Flower Power America.
Lead by writers Stirling Silliphant and Howard Rodman, the series was aimed unapologetically at the savvy viewer.
I would note what a genuinely nice guy Maharis was, never failing to take a moment to chat with a fan or sign an autograph.
When an online Route 66 group I am part of decided to send George birthday cards a few years ago, he responded to the dozens of cards by sending each well wisher a
As well, those who had enclosed their phone numbers each received over the next few weeks a phone call from George!

He was a life long Republican who counted President and Mrs. Reagan as friends. A proud Marine, where he learned boxing, he was so adept at it that when former
pro welterweight boxer Jack Warden(14 bouts) sparred with him during a break on a Route 66 episode, he asked Maharis if he had ever considered turning
pro when he was younger. This was no mincing cliche, but a tough 6 foot tall NYC street kid that one wouldn't lightly challenge.
I'd call him a patriotic American who honorably served when called, unlike many politicians.

I met Marilyn Chambers in person, I'm not about to label her because of her sex life. Okay, so I admit she was sitting naked on a 3 legged stool,
maybe that is a little offbeat, but she seemed like plain folks and we had a nice chat.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"I know positively that our good friend Dr. Stall has treated this boy...for Malta fever, Beriberi and that dreaded of all diseases, Mo Go on the Ga Go Go."
I don't care if someone is gay. But why can't someone just wait until they get home? There's no rush.
"George Maharis Arrested in Men's Room", Gay Scene, December 1974: "Famous Hollywood actor George Maharis was arrested November 21 and charged with committing a sex act with a hairdresser in the men's room of a gas station in Los Angeles... He was booked on a sex perversion charge along with Perfecto Telles, 33, the hairdresser, and released on $500 bail, according to police." An earlier guilty plea for a Hollywood lewd conduct arrest on 15 December 1967 with a male is also documented.
I enjoyed Rt 66 when he was on it. Lost interest when Zefrem Cochrane, er, Glenn Corbett, showed up. What kid didn't want to do what they did?

ZelenskyTheValiant (Ivan)
Fleet Admiral

#29 Post by ZelenskyTheValiant (Ivan) »

Chris109 wrote: Sun Jun 04, 2023 6:21 pm
Hi Chris,

But Maharis a "pervert"?

I don't care if someone is gay. But why can't someone just wait until they get home? There's no rush.
"George Maharis Arrested in Men's Room", Gay Scene, December 1974: "Famous Hollywood actor George Maharis was arrested November 21 and charged with committing a sex act with a hairdresser in the men's room of a gas station in Los Angeles... He was booked on a sex perversion charge along with Perfecto Telles, 33, the hairdresser, and released on $500 bail, according to police." An earlier guilty plea for a Hollywood lewd conduct arrest on 15 December 1967 with a male is also documented.
I enjoyed Rt 66 when he was on it. Lost interest when Zefrem Cochrane, er, Glenn Corbett, showed up. What kid didn't want to do what they did?
I'm with Chris on this one. I don't know anything about Maharis but seeing the words "cruising for sex" (in men's rooms, no less) does not exactly make him the pillar of community. Remember the disgraced former NJ governor Jim McGreevey and the scandal that resulted with the revelation that he was cruising for sex at truck stops? :?

Luther's nephew Dobie
Fleet Admiral

#30 Post by Luther's nephew Dobie »

ZelenskyTheValiant (Ivan) wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2023 3:56 pm
Chris109 wrote: Sun Jun 04, 2023 6:21 pm
Hi Chris,

But Maharis a "pervert"?

I'm with Chris on this one. I don't know anything about Maharis but seeing the words "cruising for sex" (in men's rooms, no less) does not exactly make him the pillar of community. Remember the disgraced former NJ governor Jim McGreevey and the scandal that resulted with the revelation that he was cruising for sex at truck stops? :?
Chris, Ivan,
I don't understand much of the gay culture. For instance I don't go around insisting on people knowing as soon as I go in a tavern, via me assuming exaggerated speech and macho striding,
that "HEY LOOK AT ME, I LIKE WOMEN, WHERE IS JEN ANNISTON AND HALLIE BERRY". I just want a frigging beer and to watch the Yankee game, I don't need a hetero flag.
If Anniston and Berry do sit down next to me, then I will act differently, I'll suck in my gut.

I am a live and let live type.

But you guys have reference to Maharis being busted in a mens room.
In a TV episode about Hollywood behind the scenes they mentioned the Maharis arrest.
Back in the 60's the gays were limited in social options for meeting people, their few bars regularly raided with the then dire risk of public exposure, loss of job, etc.
So certain parts of parks and certain bathrooms became known hangouts, with whatever system they used to make known to each other their inclinations, they weren't attacking
regular guys using the place.
If a studio was tardy or stopped making payoffs to the Hollywood division the cops would target a star and set them up, as they did Maharis, to make a point
(NYC cops did the same, the few gay bars in the City were all owned by the mob and paid to stay open).
The police didn't consider this corruption but a sort of deserved tax on the perverts, and if they snagged a politician once in awhile, they had him in their pocket forever.
So in his case Maharis was the one who reaped the jackpot, set up by a undercover cop. In the 40's it might have been Spencer Tracy or Montgomery Clift.
Maharis was a good citizen and vet, by all accounts a gent, so because 50 years ago society restricted gays social opportunities I can't condemn him. And he was set up.

I remember my buddy Jack who is a local fireman telling me that then governor McGreevey hung out at the Clark rest stop on the Parkway, his security detail parked in downtown Clark
with the local cops while he was busy. I didn't believe him as Mrs. McGreevey was a stone fox and because no proper security detail would do that, but sure enough that was the case.

But this sort of thing still goes on today in the political world.
Look at SC Senator Lindsey Graham. DC is in many ways still a small southern town and everyone knows he is gay except apparently his voters back home.
Like J.Edgar Hoover he is thus open to being blackmailed by unscrupulous DC operators or worse. Though Hoover should have been jailed. Because the Mafia had photos of him
he ordered for decades that the FBI leave them alone, allowing the mob's unchecked growth because on the federal level it was as if they didn't exist.