Let's go back 40 years to TV in the Fall of 1982

1948-present

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

ZelenskyTheValiant (Ivan)
Fleet Admiral

Let's go back 40 years to TV in the Fall of 1982

#1 Post by ZelenskyTheValiant (Ivan) »

So let's rev up our flux capacitors and head back in time to when television was great! Let's MTGA - Make Television Great Again! :D

Since we're approaching 40 years of the start of the 1982-1983 TV season I decided to look back at the specific dates/days and what was premiering on TV at the time.

If anyone is interested here is the schedule of some select shows that I'm sure many here might enjoy. You can relive those wonderful times by actually sitting down and watching on the exact day and time when these episodes aired 40 years ago. :) What's really cool is that the dates/days almost match because this year we're only 1 day off from 1982. So Saturday 9/25/82 this year is Saturday 9/24/22, just one day off. Very close. :)

So here goes:

Saturday, 9/25/82
-8pm on ABC - T.J. HOOKER, episode "Second Chance" (season 2 premiere, guests Robert Davi and Rebecca Holden)

Sunday, 9/26/82
-8pm on NBC - KNIGHT RIDER, 2-hour pilot movie "Knight of the Phoenix" (guests Phyllis Davis, Vince Edwards, Richard Basehart)
-8pm on ABC - MATT HOUSTON, 2-hour pilot "X-22"

Thursday, 9/30/82
-8pm on CBS - MAGNUM, P.I., episode "Did You See the Sunrise?" (season 3 two-hour premiere, guests Bo Svenson and James Whitmore, Jr.)

Friday, 10/1/82
-9pm on NBC - KNIGHT RIDER, episode "Deadly Maneuvers" (guests Devon Ericson and Alan Oppenheimer)
-10pm on NBC - REMINGTON STEELE, episode "License to Steele" (season 1 premiere episode)

Saturday, 10/2/82
-8pm on ABC - T.J. HOOKER, episode "King of the Hill" (guests James Darren and Gary Graham)

Sunday, 10/3/82
-8pm on ABC - MATT HOUSTON, episode "Stop the Presses"

Thursday, 10/7/82
-8pm on CBS - MAGNUM, P.I., episode "Ki'i's Don't Lie" (guests Morgan Fairchild, Jameson Parker, Gerald McRaney)
-9pm on CBS - SIMON & SIMON, episode "Emeralds Are Not a Girl's Best Friend" (guests Morgan Fairchild, John Hillerman, Joe Mantegna)

Friday, 10/8/82
-9pm on NBC - KNIGHT RIDER, episode "Good Day at White Rock" (guests Anne Lockhart, James Callahan, Don Stroud)
-10pm on NBC - REMINGTON STEELE, episode "Tempered Steele"

So that's just the first 2 weeks... if anyone is interested. :D Just thought it might be a fun thing to do. I'm sure many of these episodes are available online. I know Simon & Simon is currently on the Internet Archive site (same site that has Harry-O). I just selected a few drama/action shows that stood out to me. Didn't touch sitcoms. Obviously CHEERS and FAMILY TIES were the 2 new sitcoms this season that would only become more and more popular over the next few seasons.

Chris109
Fleet Admiral

Re: Let's go back 40 years to TV in the Fall of 1982

#2 Post by Chris109 »

ZelenskyTheValiant (Ivan) wrote: Mon Sep 12, 2022 7:05 pm So let's rev up our flux capacitors and head back in time to when television was great! Let's MTGA - Make Television Great Again! :D

Since we're approaching 40 years of the start of the 1982-1983 TV season I decided to look back at the specific dates/days and what was premiering on TV at the time.

If anyone is interested here is the schedule of some select shows that I'm sure many here might enjoy. You can relive those wonderful times by actually sitting down and watching on the exact day and time when these episodes aired 40 years ago. :) What's really cool is that the dates/days almost match because this year we're only 1 day off from 1982. So Saturday 9/25/82 this year is Saturday 9/24/22, just one day off. Very close. :)

So here goes:

Saturday, 9/25/82
-8pm on ABC - T.J. HOOKER, episode "Second Chance" (season 2 premiere, guests Robert Davi and Rebecca Holden)

Sunday, 9/26/82
-8pm on NBC - KNIGHT RIDER, 2-hour pilot movie "Knight of the Phoenix" (guests Phyllis Davis, Vince Edwards, Richard Basehart)
-8pm on ABC - MATT HOUSTON, 2-hour pilot "X-22"

Thursday, 9/30/82
-8pm on CBS - MAGNUM, P.I., episode "Did You See the Sunrise?" (season 3 two-hour premiere, guests Bo Svenson and James Whitmore, Jr.)

Friday, 10/1/82
-9pm on NBC - KNIGHT RIDER, episode "Deadly Maneuvers" (guests Devon Ericson and Alan Oppenheimer)
-10pm on NBC - REMINGTON STEELE, episode "License to Steele" (season 1 premiere episode)

Saturday, 10/2/82
-8pm on ABC - T.J. HOOKER, episode "King of the Hill" (guests James Darren and Gary Graham)

Sunday, 10/3/82
-8pm on ABC - MATT HOUSTON, episode "Stop the Presses"

Thursday, 10/7/82
-8pm on CBS - MAGNUM, P.I., episode "Ki'i's Don't Lie" (guests Morgan Fairchild, Jameson Parker, Gerald McRaney)
-9pm on CBS - SIMON & SIMON, episode "Emeralds Are Not a Girl's Best Friend" (guests Morgan Fairchild, John Hillerman, Joe Mantegna)

Friday, 10/8/82
-9pm on NBC - KNIGHT RIDER, episode "Good Day at White Rock" (guests Anne Lockhart, James Callahan, Don Stroud)
-10pm on NBC - REMINGTON STEELE, episode "Tempered Steele"

So that's just the first 2 weeks... if anyone is interested. :D Just thought it might be a fun thing to do. I'm sure many of these episodes are available online. I know Simon & Simon is currently on the Internet Archive site (same site that has Harry-O). I just selected a few drama/action shows that stood out to me. Didn't touch sitcoms. Obviously CHEERS and FAMILY TIES were the 2 new sitcoms this season that would only become more and more popular over the next few seasons.
Unfortunately, or maybe fortunately, those were my drinking days. TV was non-existent to me. The only thing I watched were the babes and the bottom of my drink glasses.

Fleet Admiral

#3 Post by ZelenskyTheValiant (Ivan) »

Chris109 wrote: Mon Sep 12, 2022 11:48 pm Unfortunately, or maybe fortunately, those were my drinking days. TV was non-existent to me. The only thing I watched were the babes and the bottom of my drink glasses.

:lol: Curious, what is that from?

Fleet Admiral

#4 Post by ZelenskyTheValiant (Ivan) »

I know T.Q. is planning to rewatch season 3 of MPI to commemorate the 40 year anniversary (as he did with seasons 1 & 2) so I'm sure he'll be watching "Did You See the Sunrise" on Thursday at 8pm (9/29/2022). :)

Also Garwood is quite fond of SIMON & SIMON so he might want to join in the festivities every Thursday at 9pm (after MPI). :)

And I really need to sit down on Sunday at 8pm (9/25/2022) to watch the greatest TV pilot of all time - "Knight of the Phoenix". :D

Chris109
Fleet Admiral

#5 Post by Chris109 »

ZelenskyTheValiant (Ivan) wrote: Tue Sep 13, 2022 7:57 pm
Chris109 wrote: Mon Sep 12, 2022 11:48 pm Unfortunately, or maybe fortunately, those were my drinking days. TV was non-existent to me. The only thing I watched were the babes and the bottom of my drink glasses.

:lol: Curious, what is that from?
The Prisoner with Patrick McGooooooohan.

Sign sure does sum up with what is going on in Amerika right now, as does the whole show in general.