"It's ALIVE!"...Baron Frankenstein

1948-present

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

Luther's nephew Dobie
Fleet Admiral

"It's ALIVE!"...Baron Frankenstein

#1 Post by Luther's nephew Dobie »

"The reports of my death are greatly exaggerated"...Mark Twain

I copied and pasted the below link, hopefully it will work. If not perhaps it has something to do with my ancient, creaking AOL, a tech told me AOL's basic design is so old and poorly designed
that one's computer is constantly straining/working to run it as it doesn't integrate well with many otherwise normal functions(such as cut and paste):

‘Magnum P.I.’ Season 5: Could It Be Saved and Renewed? | TVLine

From the above site -
Matt's Inside Line: Scoop on Magnum, NCIS, This Is Us, #OneChicago, Walker, The Flash, All American and More
By Matt Webb Mitovich / May 23 2022, 12:00 PM PDT

Query: I am really really sorry to hear Magnum P.I. will not be back in September. Please tell me another station will pick up this show? –Cynthia

"I cannot tell you that another station will “save” Magnum — though I am now hearing that lead producer Universal TV is trying to shop it around…."

Chris109
Fleet Admiral

Re: "It's ALIVE!"...Baron Frankenstein

#2 Post by Chris109 »

Luther's nephew Dobie wrote: Sun May 29, 2022 2:42 am "The reports of my death are greatly exaggerated"...Mark Twain

I copied and pasted the below link, hopefully it will work. If not perhaps it has something to do with my ancient, creaking AOL, a tech told me AOL's basic design is so old and poorly designed
that one's computer is constantly straining/working to run it as it doesn't integrate well with many otherwise normal functions(such as cut and paste):

From the above site -
Matt's Inside Line: Scoop on Magnum, NCIS, This Is Us, #OneChicago, Walker, The Flash, All American and More

Query: I am really really sorry to hear Magnum P.I. will not be back in September. Please tell me another station will pick up this show? –Cynthia

"I cannot tell you that another station will “save” Magnum — though I am now hearing that lead producer Universal TV is trying to shop it around…."

Could turn up on the CW landing zone. But, then the CW is mainly for the LGBA2Z community and I don't know if the terrible magnum had any characters of that group in it.

Luther's nephew Dobie
Fleet Admiral

#3 Post by Luther's nephew Dobie »

Chris109 wrote: Sun May 29, 2022 8:19 pm
Luther's nephew Dobie wrote: Sun May 29, 2022 2:42 am "The reports of my death are greatly exaggerated"...Mark Twain

From the above site -

Could turn up on the CW landing zone. But, then the CW is mainly for the LGBA2Z community and I don't know if the terrible magnum had any characters of that group in it.

Chris109,
What does the "A2Z" part mean? I can't keep up with all these new acronyms. I for one don't go around yelling I'm part of the IWTSWBEC1967E
community and demand others acknowledge it. That's the "I Want To Sleep With Barbara Eden Circa 1967 Edition" community.

That said, I'm of the live and let live school, as long as "they don't do it in the street and frighten the horses" as the British actress Beatrice Campbell famously said.
After all, I always assumed John Hillerman was a homosexual, but I don't care, he was a darn good actor.

Chris109
Fleet Admiral

#4 Post by Chris109 »

Luther's nephew Dobie wrote: Mon May 30, 2022 5:32 am

From the above site -

Chris109,
What does the "A2Z" part mean? I can't keep up with all these new acronyms. I for one don't go around yelling I'm part of the IWTSWBEC1967E
community and demand others acknowledge it. That's the "I Want To Sleep With Barbara Eden Circa 1967 Edition" community.

That said, I'm of the live and let live school, as long as "they don't do it in the street and frighten the horses" as the British actress Beatrice Campbell famously said.
After all, I always assumed John Hillerman was a homosexual, but I don't care, he was a darn good actor.
A2Z, to me, just means any letters that are thrown in. I mean pretty soon, the whole alphabet will be in that acronym anyway. Just making it easier.

And Barbara Eden? If she wasn't the sweetest looking thing... I always referred to her as 'the person I would love to wake up next to'.

And I saw JH in an episode of One Day at A Time as I was flipping thru channels. Never watched the show so I don't know if he was a regular. I watched a few episode recently of Ellery Queen from the 70's of which he played Simon Brimmer. When you see him in other shows, you kind of forget that he was JQH because of his wide range acting ability.

ZelenskyTheValiant (Ivan)
Fleet Admiral

#5 Post by ZelenskyTheValiant (Ivan) »

From the above site -

Hey that's William Lucking! In STRIPES, was it? Lance LeGault was in it too! Both actors played colonels that pursued the A-Team. Lynch and Decker, respectively.

Chris109
Fleet Admiral

#6 Post by Chris109 »

ZelenskyTheValiant (Ivan) wrote: Tue May 31, 2022 8:37 pm

From the above site -

Hey that's William Lucking! In STRIPES, was it? Lance LeGault was in it too! Both actors played colonels that pursued the A-Team. Lynch and Decker, respectively.
Dayum. I thought he looked familiar. Just couldn't place him. I do know that Lance LeGault played a villain type in an episode in the original Battlestar Galactica.

Luther's nephew Dobie
Fleet Admiral

#7 Post by Luther's nephew Dobie »

"The reports of my death are greatly exaggerated"...Mark Twain

Magnum P.I.' Saved After CBS Cancellation by Fellow Network

'Magnum P.I.' Saved After CBS Cancellation by Fellow Network
By ANDREW ROBERTS
Magnum P.I. is returning from the brink of cancellation and heading to a new network if reports are accurate. 
According to Deadline, the recently canceled CBS action series is prepping to make a jump under the NBC umbrella, with USA Network a front runner to pick up the remake of the 1980s classic series.
According to the outlet, the potential plan for NBC's rescue attempt involves the main network taking on new episodes of the show.
At the same time, USA Network would carry re-runs similar to the network's history with Law & Order, NCIS and other long-running dramas.
Nothing is set in stone just yet, but this is the latest and most stable piece of news related to the show.
Universal Television has reportedly been shopping the series after CBS canceled it back on May 12.
Other future homes included Paramount+, but USA Network quickly became a front runner. NBC entered the conversation shortly after, making the Universal family reunion close to a reality. 
  Magnum P.I.'s cancellation echoes the end of fellow CBS drama Macgyver, with fans crying foul and attempting to save the series after its cancellation.
Both were reboots of prior series and, along with Hawaii Five-0's reboot, represented the "Lenkov-verse."
The three series would have crossovers from time to time and were all under the leadership of Peter Lenkov until his firing.
Lenkov was removed from all three CBS series after allegations of a "toxic work environment" and damning accusations from Macgyver star Lucas Till, claiming he was suicidal from the treatment on set.
  An agreement should be handled before the end of the month.
Any longer and Universal would have to extend options for the cast of the series. Those deals are up on June 30.  

KENJI
Fleet Admiral

#8 Post by KENJI »

Nice find Dobie!

Your prediction is getting closer to being correct!!

Assuming it does get the green light.....I wonder what route they will go with Magnum and Higgins getting together. They could have them become a couple and then Higgins has a bad car accident where she gets amnesia and doesn't feel the same way for Thomas. They could run with that story line for at least a season....maybe she remembers or maybe she doesn't and they just go back to being friends....Thomas struggles with it as he really loves her....etc. etc.. Maybe the car accident is caused by the mystery person in the white Escalade that was following Magnum around. Time will tell. They will need some really good writing with a few unexpected twists to avoid another cancellation.

Thanks for letting us know.

NotthatRick
Admiral

#9 Post by NotthatRick »

Luther's nephew Dobie wrote: Thu Jun 16, 2022 1:25 am "The reports of my death are greatly exaggerated"...Mark Twain

Magnum P.I.' Saved After CBS Cancellation by Fellow Network

'Magnum P.I.' Saved After CBS Cancellation by Fellow Network
By ANDREW ROBERTS
Magnum P.I. is returning from the brink of cancellation and heading to a new network if reports are accurate. 
According to Deadline, the recently canceled CBS action series is prepping to make a jump under the NBC umbrella, with USA Network a front runner to pick up the remake of the 1980s classic series.
According to the outlet, the potential plan for NBC's rescue attempt involves the main network taking on new episodes of the show.
At the same time, USA Network would carry re-runs similar to the network's history with Law & Order, NCIS and other long-running dramas.
Nothing is set in stone just yet, but this is the latest and most stable piece of news related to the show.
Universal Television has reportedly been shopping the series after CBS canceled it back on May 12.
Other future homes included Paramount+, but USA Network quickly became a front runner. NBC entered the conversation shortly after, making the Universal family reunion close to a reality. 
  Magnum P.I.'s cancellation echoes the end of fellow CBS drama Macgyver, with fans crying foul and attempting to save the series after its cancellation.
Both were reboots of prior series and, along with Hawaii Five-0's reboot, represented the "Lenkov-verse."
The three series would have crossovers from time to time and were all under the leadership of Peter Lenkov until his firing.
Lenkov was removed from all three CBS series after allegations of a "toxic work environment" and damning accusations from Macgyver star Lucas Till, claiming he was suicidal from the treatment on set.
  An agreement should be handled before the end of the month.
Any longer and Universal would have to extend options for the cast of the series. Those deals are up on June 30.  
I am sorry to hear this. I was really hoping that show could be buried and forgotten.