Origin of Lance White/6 AM Friday

1948-present

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

Luther's nephew Dobie
Fleet Admiral

Origin of Lance White/6 AM Friday

#1 Post by Luther's nephew Dobie »

Hi Guys,
The inspiration for Lance White from Rockford Files airs 6 AM Friday on the H & I network, channel 263 on Comcast.
It is the Season Two, episode 21 of Maverick,"The Saga of Waco Williams" from 1959. This episode was the series highest rated, and once viewed it is obvious producer Huggins swiped the winning and
memorable Waco character for Rockford Files's Lance White, which garnered Selleck a lot of attention in Hollywood. I am no expert on Tom's career but I can attest at the time Lance put him on the
map, smart people in Hollywood enjoyed Rockford just as much as the audience did.
Waco Williams was probably one of the most original characters to appear on 1950's Westerns, maybe THE most original.

Pahonu
Robin's Nest Expert Extraordinaire

Re: Origin of Lance White/6 AM Friday

#2 Post by Pahonu »

Luther's nephew Dobie wrote: Thu Aug 26, 2021 11:09 pm Hi Guys,
The inspiration for Lance White from Rockford Files airs 6 AM Friday on the H & I network, channel 263 on Comcast.
It is the Season Two, episode 21 of Maverick,"The Saga of Waco Williams" from 1959. This episode was the series highest rated, and once viewed it is obvious producer Huggins swiped the winning and
memorable Waco character for Rockford Files's Lance White, which garnered Selleck a lot of attention in Hollywood. I am no expert on Tom's career but I can attest at the time Lance put him on the
map, smart people in Hollywood enjoyed Rockford just as much as the audience did.
Waco Williams was probably one of the most original characters to appear on 1950's Westerns, maybe THE most original.
All true! :D I was finally able to DVR the episode a year or two ago after having read that it was the inspiration for Lance White many years ago. I was young when MPI debuted, nine years old, but remembered Tom Selleck from The Rockford Files because my mom was a big fan of the series… and Selleck! I watched the last few seasons as a kid and eventually watched all the reruns. It became my favorite show ever.