Tom Selleck in 'Most Wanted' (1976-1977)

1948-present

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

jno
Captain

Tom Selleck in 'Most Wanted' (1976-1977)

#1 Post by jno »

Apologies if this has been posted in the wrong place. I searched the forum for it but found no mention of this.

I watched the whole of 'Most Wanted' with Robert Stack recently. This is an excellent 70s US cop show that is criminally undermentioned in TV fan circles in my opinion, which is probably why I couldn't find it on here.

Tom Selleck only appears in the pilot episode as the computer guy, which for 1976 is always good for a laugh. The series is out on region 1 DVD in the US (which includes the pilot) but the pics below are a UK VHS release from the 80s which seems to portray Selleck as a primary reason to purchase said item, even though he's playing third fiddle to Robert Stack.

:D

The series itself more than survives the departure of Selleck and is set around a special team of LA team cops that go after most wanted types led by Captain Linc Evers (Stack). Shelly Novack and Jo Ann Harris turn up in the series proper - Jo Ann Harris is a real sweety too!
:P

Shooting, explosions, hijacks, action and car chases aplenty this is a must see for 70s TV fans. Plenty of famous faces show up too, Edward Mulhare, Lynda Day George, Airplane's Robert Hayes and 70s TV stalwart Kaz Garas.

For me this is right up there with Starsky & Hutch, 70s SWAT and The Streets of San Francisco and is a similar sort of show. A Quinn Martin production with a superb theme tune from Lalo Schiffrin. If you've not seen this, definitely check it out.

https://youtu.be/maX_F5rXZxQ