Bloodline

1948-present

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

MagnumsLeftShoulder
Fleet Admiral

Bloodline

#1 Post by MagnumsLeftShoulder »

A few weeks ago I was about to cancel Netflix because I hardly ever watch it, but I looked thru my queue and remembered that I had intended to watch this show. So I watched it over the last month and finished it last night. The cast is excellent (especially Kyle Chandler), the setting is gorgeous, but overall it's kind of frustrating. Has anybody seen it? What did you think of it?

terryfromkerry
Fleet Admiral

Re: Bloodline

#2 Post by terryfromkerry »

MagnumsLeftShoulder wrote:A few weeks ago I was about to cancel Netflix because I hardly ever watch it, but I looked thru my queue and remembered that I had intended to watch this show. So I watched it over the last month and finished it last night. The cast is excellent (especially Kyle Chandler), the setting is gorgeous, but overall it's kind of frustrating. Has anybody seen it? What did you think of it?
Hi MagnumsLeftShoulder,
I found it dark but gripping. The location of course is stunning. I agree re Kyle Chandler. The great Sam Shepherd who also starred passed away shortly after. Btw you may remember cast member Ben Mendelson appeared in Quigley Down Under as a young ranch hand with a fast gun. :)
"Oh Jonathan !....oh Jonathan, come quickly ...... your hot cross buns are smoking".

MagnumsLeftShoulder
Fleet Admiral

#3 Post by MagnumsLeftShoulder »

"Gripping" is an apt description. I guess that's why I found it sort of frustrating. It was so engrossing, but so much of it was left unresolved and I really wish they'd been able to complete the original plan of 5 seasons. I'm gonna watch it again in a few weeks because I'm sure a missed some details on the first go around. I didn't think I'd seen Ben Mendelson in anything before, but I guess I have!

ConchRepublican
COZITV Magnum, P.I. SuperFan / Chief Barkeep - Flemingo Key

#4 Post by ConchRepublican »

MagnumsLeftShoulder wrote:A few weeks ago I was about to cancel Netflix because I hardly ever watch it, but I looked thru my queue and remembered that I had intended to watch this show. So I watched it over the last month and finished it last night. The cast is excellent (especially Kyle Chandler), the setting is gorgeous, but overall it's kind of frustrating. Has anybody seen it? What did you think of it?
I felt the same way. I love the Florida Keys (obviously) and enjoyed the scenery . . . I thought the first two seasons were good, but that season three went a bit sideways.

My wife tapped out during season 2 I believe, she felt they were all horrible people and didn't need that negativity in her down time.
CoziTV Superfan spot
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPTmsykLQ04