Coach

1948-present

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

MagnumsLeftShoulder
Fleet Admiral

Coach

#1 Post by MagnumsLeftShoulder »

I've been watching season 1 of Coach on Antenna TV and found a Magnum connection. Hayden has the same green hooded bathrobe as Thomas! Makes me think the robe must be a favorite of tall guys.

MHTR
Vice Admiral

Re: Coach

#2 Post by MHTR »

Coach was a pretty good show. Until the last couple of seasons.

Luther's nephew Dobie
Fleet Admiral

#3 Post by Luther's nephew Dobie »

MagnumsLeftShoulder wrote:I've been watching season 1 of Coach on Antenna TV and found a Magnum connection. Hayden has the same green hooded bathrobe as Thomas! Makes me think the robe must be a favorite of tall guys.
Keep your ears open for veiled "in joke" references to the Newhart Show by Christine, like referencing How To Do It Books by Bob Newhart's character Dick Loudon.
Also the TV in Hayden's office often reflects the film crew and the sound stage. MHTR said the series was good until the last seasons which was true, they
repeated earlier plot lines and the cast was losing interest. Carl Reiner said that was exactly why he ended the Dick Van Dyke Show after 5 years.
I would just say the scene where Luther and Hayden accidently soil Christine's wedding dress and then light it on fire was a great comedy moment.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
It got by the censors -
Bowery Boy's Gabe(Gabriel Dell) to Sach(Huntz Hall), who has been transformed into a threatening monster:
"Don't you remember when we were kids and wrote our names in the snow?"

MagnumsLeftShoulder
Fleet Admiral

#4 Post by MagnumsLeftShoulder »

Keep your ears open for veiled "in joke" references to the Newhart Show by Christine, like referencing How To Do It Books by Bob Newhart's character Dick Loudon.
LOL! I caught that reference on an episode a couple of weeks ago. I watched Coach back in the day, but I don't think I saw much of it after Hayden and Christine got married.