Stranger Things

1948-present

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

MagnumILWU
Fleet Admiral

Stranger Things

#1 Post by MagnumILWU »

Just started watching this on Netflix. Really enjoy it. Like the characters, and it does take place in the 80's! Really enjoy the police chief, Jim Hopper( David Harbour, who is the new Hellboy). He's always had somewhat of a beard, but season 3, coming July 4th, he has a mustache that would make Magnum proud!
"pickled egg please"

K Hale
Fleet Admiral

Re: Stranger Things

#2 Post by K Hale »

GREAT series. Terrific performances from everyone, particularly the young girl who plays Eleven. Season three is coming out July 4!
I didn't realize you were so addicted to pool.
It's not pool.
Billiards.
Snooker!
Snucker.
SNOOKER!

ConchRepublican
COZITV Magnum, P.I. SuperFan / Chief Barkeep - Flemingo Key

#3 Post by ConchRepublican »

Agreed.

While it seems like there are less and less options that I enjoy when it comes to what TV is offering, Stranger Things is a show I look forward to.
CoziTV Superfan spot
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPTmsykLQ04

MagnumILWU
Fleet Admiral

#4 Post by MagnumILWU »

Started watching season 3. It's the end of June,1985. It opens with Chief Jim Hopper, now with a big Magnum mustache, eating chips and drinking a beer, watching Magnum on tv! Later he goes to dinner, wearing jeans and a sport coat, a hawaiian looking shirt, a web belt, with a brass buckle, and deck shoes with no socks! It's the 80's, and I love it!
"pickled egg please"

K Hale
Fleet Admiral

#5 Post by K Hale »

There will be even more than that!! I binged all eight episodes yesterday!
It's not pool.
Billiards.
Snooker!
Snucker.
SNOOKER!

terryfromkerry
Fleet Admiral

#6 Post by terryfromkerry »

MagnumILWU wrote:Started watching season 3. It's the end of June,1985. It opens with Chief Jim Hopper, now with a big Magnum mustache, eating chips and drinking a beer, watching Magnum on tv! Later he goes to dinner, wearing jeans and a sport coat, a hawaiian looking shirt, a web belt, with a brass buckle, and deck shoes with no socks! It's the 80's, and I love it!
Thanks to all you guys enthusing about this series I had made a mental note to watch it sometime. However MagnumILWU's observations in this quoted post convinced me to immediately binge watch. I love it so much. I have only 2 concluding episodes of Season 3 left to watch. Bring back the '80's ! Mahalo MagnumILWU ! :magnum: :D
"Oh Jonathan !....oh Jonathan, come quickly ...... your hot cross buns are smoking".

K Hale
Fleet Admiral

#7 Post by K Hale »

I don’t know how you managed to turn it off with two episodes left. You have more willpower than I.
It's not pool.
Billiards.
Snooker!
Snucker.
SNOOKER!

MagnumILWU
Fleet Admiral

#8 Post by MagnumILWU »

terryfromkerry wrote:
MagnumILWU wrote:Started watching season 3. It's the end of June,1985. It opens with Chief Jim Hopper, now with a big Magnum mustache, eating chips and drinking a beer, watching Magnum on tv! Later he goes to dinner, wearing jeans and a sport coat, a hawaiian looking shirt, a web belt, with a brass buckle, and deck shoes with no socks! It's the 80's, and I love it!
Thanks to all you guys enthusing about this series I had made a mental note to watch it sometime. However MagnumILWU's observations in this quoted post convinced me to immediately binge watch. I love it so much. I have only 2 concluding episodes of Season 3 left to watch. Bring back the '80's ! Mahalo MagnumILWU ! :magnum: :D
Mornings are for coffee and contemplation! :wink:
"pickled egg please"

terryfromkerry
Fleet Admiral

#9 Post by terryfromkerry »

K Hale wrote:I don’t know how you managed to turn it off with two episodes left. You have more willpower than I.
Hi K Hale,
I hear you ! :) I try to stretch a season of a good series over a week, particularly if I don't have any good movies available.
"Oh Jonathan !....oh Jonathan, come quickly ...... your hot cross buns are smoking".