OTHER SHOWS YOU ARE WATCHING

1948-present

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

KingKC
Fleet Admiral

OTHER SHOWS YOU ARE WATCHING

#1 Post by KingKC »

Now that the new Magnum PI is finding its footings, yea or nay, what other shows, especially new ones, are you watching?

My wife and I agree that our favorite new show is The Rookie with Nathan Fillion. Our next two are carryovers from last year which are The Good Doctor and Bull. I don't like them at the same time but a DVR takes care of that problem. Private Eyes on ION has some new episodes and we are sticking with that one for our fix of private detective shows. We also just started with Proven Innocent with Kelsey Grammar. We think it has potential.

I have been watching The BlueBook Project on History Channel and it is interesting but leaning a little to the "dark" side. It will be interesting to see how they develop the government conspiracy aspect of UFOs. We are also watching I Am The Night on TNT with Chris Pine. We like him as an actor but the show is only a mini-series and it seems as though it is trying to build to a crescendo in a very short time. We will just have to wait to see.

Finally we are staying with the new Last Man Standing as one of our all time favorites and the Cool Kids, which follows it on Friday night, is definitely growing on us. I am also staying with The Orville which I am so glad they brought it back. It is silly in some respects but fun.

Would love to hear comments and what others are viewing?

Nifty911
Captain

Re: OTHER SHOWS YOU ARE WATCHING

#2 Post by Nifty911 »

I couldn't get past 2 episodes of the Magnum redo.

But I watched Fauda (Netflix), Collateral (Netflix), and Body Guard (Netflix).

I highly recommend Fauda. The lead actor and producer was a member of the IDF. The realism is there. Plot lines don't always end after an episode.

I discovered Crossing Lines on demand. The first few seasons are binge worthy.

MagnumsLeftShoulder
Fleet Admiral

#3 Post by MagnumsLeftShoulder »

The only new show I'm watching is The Cool Kids because I love Vicki Lawrence and Leslie Jordan is always hilarious. The show could be better if they weren't writing 65 year olds like they're 85 year olds though. I still watch Last Man Standing, but it's not as good with the new Mandy and without Eve. I'll stay with The Big Bang Theory till the end (which is soon) and I love Young Sheldon.

I was watching Project Bluebook, but I got frustrated with the lousy audio quality. It's on my dvr so I'll probably finish it eventually. I considered I Am the Night, but the subject matter is kind of creepy to me so I decided against it. I might give it a shot if it comes to Netflix.

I'm still watching H50, Blue Bloods, NCIS, and Elementary, but all of those are on their last legs. There's a couple of things on Masterpiece (Poldark & Endeavour)I like, but those are short seasons and I think both are ending this year. I'll watch the third season of The Crown if Netflix ever releases it. Everybody says we're in an era of "peak TV", but I'm not feelin' it. :?

308GUY
Fleet Admiral

#4 Post by 308GUY »

Just started watching "The Ranch" on Netflix.

Pretty damn funny so far! :lol:

Sam Elliot, Ashton Kutcher, Danny Masterson, Debra Winger

Looks like 6 seasons....and started maybe back in 2016....maybe "old news" to most of you...but so far (only up to s.1 ep.5) I'm laughing at most the jokes.

Only thing I don't care for, (so far..), is the canned laughter...but hey...it's a sitcom...whaddaya expect? :lol:

Also giving "Enemy Within" (NBC) a shot..second episode airs tonight...but not holding out a lot of hope.

Wife and I both sort of enjoy "God Friended Me" time will tell....it always does. :magnum:
"C'mon TC...nothing can go wrong!"

ConchRepublican
COZITV Magnum, P.I. SuperFan / Chief Barkeep - Flemingo Key

#5 Post by ConchRepublican »

I'm finding more and more I like less and less on broadcast TV.

Currently we DVR:
The Goldbergs (but it's running out of gas)
Modern Family (but it's running out of gas)
Big Bang Theory
Splitting Up Together (meh, but the Mrs. enjoys it)
Blue Bloods (obviously)
Seal Team (I really like this one)
This Is Us (it's getting a bit tedious lately)

I missed Last Man Standing during it's initial run, don't ask me how, so we caught up on that and are now close to being up to speed with the current season. As noted by MagnumsLeftShoulder though, the new Mandy takes a bit away from the show.

I still watch The Walking Dead, the only show I watch in real time, we also watch Younger. Looking forward to the return of Stranger Things.

I tried Mayans M.C., but it never really clicked with me and I never got into Game of Thrones, I guess it's too late to start now.

Still looking for that next Sons of Anarchy, Justified, The Shield, Longmire, The Wire type show that lives up to the standard they set.
CoziTV Superfan spot
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPTmsykLQ04

eagle
Fleet Admiral

#6 Post by eagle »

For me, the only ones I'm sure to watch are: Manifest, The Rookie, and Blue Bloods.

I do generally keep up with fake Magnum. I still don't enjoy the show, so I wonder why I do that. Haven't seen this week's ep yet... might get around to it tomorrow.

ConchRepublican

#7 Post by ConchRepublican »

Oops, I forgot The Rookie. I knew there was another one . . . so far it's a new fave, I watch it because I enjoy it, not because I feel obligated, if you know what I mean.

Other shows I enjoyed that didn't last long -
- The Finder
- The Glades
CoziTV Superfan spot

eagle
Fleet Admiral

#8 Post by eagle »

I was introduced to Fillion in Castle. Loved that show. Like you, I watch The Rookie because I like it. It presents an excellent mix of humor and serious. The show does not take itself too seriously, and it really is fun. Definitely my favorite of the new season.

Steve
Fleet Admiral

#9 Post by Steve »

The shows I DVR every week when they are in new episodes are:

Blue Bloods
H-50
God Friended Me
American Gods
Barry
Veep
The Walking Dead (but I am growing tired of it)
Black Monday
Shameless
A.P. Bio
The Good Place
Better Things
Baskets
It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia
AND...
What We Do In The Shadows
(One show in and it looks like it may be good as it is one of my favorite movies)

Oh, and Magnum PI (sorry guys)

ConchRepublican

#10 Post by ConchRepublican »

I want Whiskey Cavalier to be better than it is.

I had high hopes but it is much less than the sum of it's parts.
CoziTV Superfan spot

KingKC
Fleet Admiral

#11 Post by KingKC »

I saw a couple of trailers for a new show called The Code. It seems to have JAG written all over it. At least they had the respect, decency and courtesy not to make it a JAG remake. I looked it up through Google and it has Dana Delaney in it as a Marine colonel. It premieres Tuesday, April 9th at 8 PM (Eastern?). I going to give it a try.

Laohu
Fleet Admiral

#12 Post by Laohu »

Speaking of JAG
Last week came word that David James Elliot will reprise his famed “JAG” character, Navy Captain Harmon Rabb Jr., in an upcoming multi-episode arc of “NCIS: Los Angeles” in CBS.

“JAG” ran for ten seasons and spawned the original “NCIS” as a spin-off which launched its own mega-franchise including multiple spin-offs like “NCIS: Los Angeles”.

Today comes word that his co-star Catherine Bell is set to join him, reprising her role of Lt Col. Sarah ‘Mac’ MacKenzie. The plan at the moment is for the duo to only do a joint arc on “NCIS: LA,” but their appearance together has raised talk that should it be a success it could lead to some sort of “JAG” revival.

Bell will reprise her role in the season finale episode airing on Sunday, May 19th. In the episode, as the NCIS team tries to uncover a complicated network of ISIS sympathizers who look to be planning an attack on US aircraft carriers and possibly worse.

The pair’s arc incorporates the last two episodes of the current season and the first two of the next season. They last played the roles in the “JAG” finale in 2005.

KingKC
Fleet Admiral

#13 Post by KingKC »

Laohu wrote:Speaking of JAG
Last week came word that David James Elliot will reprise his famed “JAG” character, Navy Captain Harmon Rabb Jr., in an upcoming multi-episode arc of “NCIS: Los Angeles” in CBS.

“JAG” ran for ten seasons and spawned the original “NCIS” as a spin-off which launched its own mega-franchise including multiple spin-offs like “NCIS: Los Angeles”.

Today comes word that his co-star Catherine Bell is set to join him, reprising her role of Lt Col. Sarah ‘Mac’ MacKenzie. The plan at the moment is for the duo to only do a joint arc on “NCIS: LA,” but their appearance together has raised talk that should it be a success it could lead to some sort of “JAG” revival.

Bell will reprise her role in the season finale episode airing on Sunday, May 19th. In the episode, as the NCIS team tries to uncover a complicated network of ISIS sympathizers who look to be planning an attack on US aircraft carriers and possibly worse.

The pair’s arc incorporates the last two episodes of the current season and the first two of the next season. They last played the roles in the “JAG” finale in 2005.
Thanks for that "heads up." I can easily envision a revival of JAG.

Laohu
Fleet Admiral

#14 Post by Laohu »

I might try to watch it - I don’t watch NCIS LA normally but would like to see the cast from JAG again

terryfromkerry
Fleet Admiral

#15 Post by terryfromkerry »

I am 2 episodes into new action drama "Hanna". Edge of seat stuff ! Looks very promising !
"Oh Jonathan !....oh Jonathan, come quickly ...... your hot cross buns are smoking".