OTHER SHOWS YOU ARE WATCHING

1948-present

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

MagnumsLeftShoulder
Fleet Admiral

Re: OTHER SHOWS YOU ARE WATCHING

#16 Post by MagnumsLeftShoulder »

I'm planning to watch The Code next week, but other than "Squeaky" the cast looks extremely bland. I don't think CBS has high hopes for if they are debuting it in mid-April anyway and outside of China Beach, Dana hasn't had much success.

Heard about the JAG reunion on NCIS:LA and plan to watch it, but when JAG ended I had come to hate Mac and did not want them to end up together. I'd probably watch a JAG revival if it had the rest of the original cast, but the synopsis for the NCIS:LA episodes says that Harm is no longer an attorney so how can it be JAG?

KingKC
Fleet Admiral

#17 Post by KingKC »

Is anyone watching The Fix which is a 10 part series on Monday nights? It is being produced by Marcia Clark of OJ Simpson fame and it very much a take off of the OJ Simpson situation. Robin Tunney of the Mentalist is the lead prosecutor. I generally like these mini-series, especially one called The Astronauts' Wives which was on about three years ago. The one about the assassination of Versace wasn't all that good in my opinion.

Steve
Fleet Admiral

#18 Post by Steve »

I have to add Brockmire starring Hank Azaria to my list, the third season just started this past week on IFC.

MHTR
Vice Admiral

#19 Post by MHTR »

KingKC
Now that the new Magnum PI is finding its footings, yea or nay, what other shows, especially new ones, are you watching?
None! Nothing for me but reruns of older T.V. shows (50s, 60s and 70s). And the old standby game shows, Family Feud, Wheel, and Jeopardy. And some football when it's in season. That's about it.

KingKC
Fleet Admiral

#20 Post by KingKC »

MHTR wrote:
KingKC
Now that the new Magnum PI is finding its footings, yea or nay, what other shows, especially new ones, are you watching?
None! Nothing for me but reruns of older T.V. shows (50s, 60s and 70s). And the old standby game shows, Family Feud, Wheel, and Jeopardy. And some football when it's in season. That's about it.
I can fully understand. Feud, Wheel and Jeopardy are our staples as well. The best new shows only hold our interest for a year or two before they get on our nerves. We have taken to reading as opposed to TV many nights. She reads much more than I do.

Laohu
Fleet Admiral

#21 Post by Laohu »

I saw the first two episodes of the new show enemy within . It was not bad but I think it might be limited in the story it can tell . Not sure how long it can last

KingKC
Fleet Admiral

#22 Post by KingKC »

Last week on The Code, the show kept referring to a Commander and his uniform had two circular stripes on the bottom of the sleeve indicating a Lieutenant. Last night on Proven Innocent there was am episode about a wrongfully convicted SEAL and many naval officers were portrayed. The first was referred to as a JAG officer/Commander when he had one thin stripe and one slightly thicker stripe at the bottom of his sleeve. That is for a LT. Junior Grade. Later in the show an officer was being cross examined and referred to as Chief when he had four circular stripes at the bottom of his sleeve which indicates a Captain. Does no one in Hollywood have any idea how to properly represent the Navy with rank and insignia???? I know these are minor flubs but I think the military deserves just a little more consideration when being portrayed on TV.

Laohu
Fleet Admiral

#23 Post by Laohu »

I noticed that the Code’s ratings took a hit after moving into the Magnum PI time slot . Going up against The Voice and American Idol is tough .

KingKC
Fleet Admiral

#24 Post by KingKC »

Laohu wrote:I noticed that the Code’s ratings took a hit after moving into the Magnum PI time slot . Going up against The Voice and American Idol is tough .
I read that The Code may not get renewed. CBS is yet to decide. It wan't that great but I was warming up to it. Also saw that The Cool Kids might be on the chopping block. That one had to grow on me. I just watched it because it was on after Last Man Standing.

Laohu
Fleet Admiral

#25 Post by Laohu »

I saw a rumor awhile ago that said Bull would be canceled . Magnum P.I . Would move into the 10:00 time slot and the code would take Magnums time slot at 9:00 .
Well let’s just say there is no truth to that rumor for now . Bull has been renewed but all the producers have jumped ship including Spielberg . The Code is still undecided for now but don’t give up hope if your a fan of the Code it might still happen .

Nikita70
Vice Admiral

#26 Post by Nikita70 »

Watched all seasons of JAG last year, I really liked it even though I wished the Admiral didn’t leave at the end of season 9, he was my favorite character.

If you like Nathan Fillion you should check out Firefly, awesome show that was cancelled way too early.

Longmire was another really good show I watched a few years ago, six seasons I think.

MagnumsLeftShoulder
Fleet Admiral

#27 Post by MagnumsLeftShoulder »

Fox pulled the plug on The Cool Kids yesterday. The show wasn't very good, but it could have been really funny with some better writers.

Steve
Fleet Admiral

#28 Post by Steve »

I don't know if anyone else is watching What We Do In The Shadows on FX but the last two episodes had me on the floor laughing......Of course the movie had shot up my all time top ten movie list when I first saw it so I was already going to be a fan.....

ConchRepublican
COZITV Magnum, P.I. SuperFan / Chief Barkeep - Flemingo Key

#29 Post by ConchRepublican »

MagnumsLeftShoulder wrote:Fox pulled the plug on The Cool Kids yesterday. The show wasn't very good, but it could have been really funny with some better writers.
Oh really? Disappointed, I liked that show. It could have been better, but wasn't bad considering what else is out there.
CoziTV Superfan spot
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPTmsykLQ04

MagnumILWU
Fleet Admiral

#30 Post by MagnumILWU »

Frontier, The Ranch,Stranger Things, and Jack Taylor, all on Netflix. Jack Taylor is a Irish TV movie-series, taking place in Galway. Ex policeman Jack Taylor(played by Iain Glen) starts taking jobs the police won't look into, and becomes a private investigator, although some in Ireland think of a PI, as a snitch! Good cast, good stories, great show!
"pickled egg please"