List of my favorite TV theme songs

1948-present

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

eagle
Fleet Admiral

Re: List of my favorite TV theme songs

#16 Post by eagle »

Some great ones listed! Mission Impossible! Simon & Simon! Dukes of Hazard! Hawaii Five-O (Morton Stevens)! And others - I won't bother repeating them all.

I don't think I saw "ER" listed. That is my #2 theme song, #1 being the main theme from the original Magnum series, which I use as my phone's ringtone. Sometimes I don't bother to answer the phone - I just listen to the song - haha.

ConchRepublican
COZITV Magnum, P.I. SuperFan / Chief Barkeep - Flemingo Key

#17 Post by ConchRepublican »

MHTR wrote:Inspired by this thread here. Here's my list of my top-10 favorite theme songs (of course, excepting MPI). You'll notice it is only nine long, I expect that some members will remind me of some that I like and will add, but can't remember right now.
  • 1. Theme from The Mary Tyler Moore Show (Love is All Around)
    2. Theme from Peter Gunn (how awesome is this!)
    3. Theme from WKRP in Cincinnati (the 45 version sucks big time, I don't know how anybody could screw it up so bad)
    4. Theme from Welcome Back Kotter (Welcome Back)
    5. Theme from The Rockford Files (I think the 45 single arrangement sucks)
    6. Theme from American Greatest Hero
    7. Theme from M*A*S*H (Suicide is Painless)
    8. Theme from Family Ties (Without Us)
    9. Theme from The Bob Newhart Show (Home to Emily)
Here's a pretty cool update of the Mary Tyler Moore theme . . .

youtu.be/e4tkLy9AaD4
CoziTV Superfan spot
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPTmsykLQ04

Chris109
Fleet Admiral

#18 Post by Chris109 »

Luther's nephew Dobie wrote: Chris,
True that. I did some patter first, "Bonanza! Where men are men, the women are scarce and Hop Sing sleeps with one eye open."
Reminds me of a converstion from The Tonight Show with Johnny Carson and Michael Landon. Johnny had asked because there were no women on the ranch if the Cartwrights were gay.

Michael Landon : There were a lot of rumors about the Cartwrights being homosexual. There were a great deal of rumors. And I am here to set the record straight: We were not... Thank god Hop Sing was.

Last edited by Chris109 on Mon Mar 18, 2019 5:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ConchRepublican
COZITV Magnum, P.I. SuperFan / Chief Barkeep - Flemingo Key

#19 Post by ConchRepublican »

And here's something that's in heavy rotation in the "Tiki Backround" playlist for Flemingo Key . . .

youtu.be/TbuMrl0Plc0
CoziTV Superfan spot
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPTmsykLQ04

Luther's nephew Dobie
Fleet Admiral

#20 Post by Luther's nephew Dobie »

Laohu wrote:
Luther's nephew Dobie wrote:
MHTR wrote:Good one, MagnumsLeftShoulder. Here's a link for everyone's listening pleasure:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ria37d9mInY
One might be surprised to learn how many of your favorite TV themes have lyrics. Star Trek, the Dick Van Dyke Show, MASH(written by a 16 year old).
For a genuine first edition copy of "So You Want To Be A Private Eye" by Luther Gillis, with a forward by Conch Republic, be the first to identify
these lyrics(and fair go, you can probably figure it out without doing a 'search'):

“Heroes, heroes, husky men of war,
Sons of all the heroes, of the war before.
We’re all heroes up to our ear-o’s
You ask questions, We make suggestions,
That’s what we’re heroes for.”
Hogan’s Hero’s ?
Laohu,
You are correct sir. Uncle Luther is sending you a autographed copy of "So You Want To Be A Private Eye" plus as a bonus Artie Canoe's "So You Want
To Be A Petty Thief". Which career you embrace is up to you. Chris 109 is quoted on the jacket blurb of Artie's book as saying since he embraced it's
ethos he has a whole new outlook on life. Good on you Chrismeister.

Luther's nephew Dobie
Fleet Admiral

#21 Post by Luther's nephew Dobie »

Chris109 wrote:
Luther's nephew Dobie wrote: Chris,
True that. I did some patter first, "Bonanza! Where men are men, the women are scarce and Hop Sing sleeps with one eye open."
Reminds me of a converstion from The Tonight Show with Johnny Carson and Michael Landon. Johnny was asked cause there were no women on the ranch if the Cartwrights were gay.

Michael Landon : There were a lot of rumors about the Cartwrights being homosexual. There were a great deal of rumors. And I am here to set the record straight: We were not... Thank god Hop Sing was.

Chris you magnificent bastard, you are one funny dude.
Just an aside, Michael Landon and Lorne Green are buried next to each other as Landon looked upon him as a father figure. Michael had a difficult childhood
with a mother from hell and Lorne literally taught him how to behave as a man and a member of the greater community.

Chris109
Fleet Admiral

#22 Post by Chris109 »

Laohu,
You are correct sir. Uncle Luther is sending you a autographed copy of "So You Want To Be A Private Eye" plus as a bonus Artie Canoe's "So You Want To Be A Petty Thief". Which career you embrace is up to you. Chris 109 is quoted on the jacket blurb of Artie's book as saying since he embraced it's
ethos he has a whole new outlook on life. Good on you Chrismeister.

Laohu
Fleet Admiral

#23 Post by Laohu »

I was always a fan of the Saint so I will embrace both :lol:

MagnumILWU
Fleet Admiral

#24 Post by MagnumILWU »

Being a child of westerns, they allways come to mind! The Lone Ranger, Zorro(Disney), The Rifleman, Bonanza, all the way to Justified! And othet shows from my childhood; Superman, The Mickey Mouse Club, The Adams Family! PI's and Cops; 77 Sunsey Strip, Mannix, Hill Street Blues, Magnum, Miami Vice, Moonlighting, Spenser, Mike Hammer! I guess I would just have trouble doing ten a decade!
"pickled egg please"

Luther's nephew Dobie
Fleet Admiral

#25 Post by Luther's nephew Dobie »

Laohu wrote:I was always a fan of the Saint so I will embrace both :lol:
Good choice Laohu, and since Luther's "So You Want To Be A Detective" and Artie Canoe's "So You Want To Be A Petty Thief" are on Agatha's
monthly book club discussion list maybe you can score an invite. But hands off saucy Agatha, she's private stock ever since she joined Buzz's Benoit's Buzzettes
and their softball team.
Laohu, I thought The Saint had the best weekly opening of any series ever. The 3 minute intro to the plot, then someone would identify Simon Templar as The Saint
and he'd look up as a halo appeared over his head. Cue the theme music, one of the best ever IMHO.

Chris109
Fleet Admiral

#26 Post by Chris109 »

Good choice Laohu, and since Luther's "So You Want To Be A Detective" and Artie Canoe's "So You Want To Be A Petty Thief" are on Agatha's monthly book club discussion list maybe you can score an invite. But hands off saucy Agatha, she's private stock ever since she joined Buzz's Benoit's Buzzettes
and their softball team.
Hubba, hubba, dear Agatha.

Luther's nephew Dobie
Fleet Admiral

#27 Post by Luther's nephew Dobie »

Chris109 wrote:
Good choice Laohu, and since Luther's "So You Want To Be A Detective" and Artie Canoe's "So You Want To Be A Petty Thief" are on Agatha's monthly book club discussion list maybe you can score an invite. But hands off saucy Agatha, she's private stock ever since she joined Buzz's Benoit's Buzzettes
and their softball team.
Dave,
Now you've done it. You've opened the eyes of the many suspect types on these boards. The rascals and roues. The on the make smooth operators
like Terry from Kerry ever ready with the Blarney such as "We loved with a love that was more than love." Agatha won't have a chance.

"We loved with a love that was more than love."
...Edgar Allan Poe

Chris109
Fleet Admiral

#28 Post by Chris109 »

Chris109 wrote:
Luther's nephew Dobie wrote: Good choice Laohu, and since Luther's "So You Want To Be A Detective" and Artie Canoe's "So You Want To Be A Petty Thief" are on Agatha's monthly book club discussion list maybe you can score an invite. But hands off saucy Agatha, she's private stock ever since she joined Buzz's Benoit's Buzzettes
and their softball team.
Dave,
Now you've done it. You've opened the eyes of the many suspect types on these boards. The rascals and roues. The on the make smooth operators
like Terry from Kerry ever ready with the Blarney such as "We loved with a love that was more than love." Agatha won't have a chance.

"We loved with a love that was more than love."
...Edgar Allan Poe
"I loved a girl in San Francisco once.

No...twice."
--Hawkeye Pierce

Laohu
Fleet Admiral

#29 Post by Laohu »

Chris109 wrote:
and their softball team.

:shock: starting to see what Higgins saw in Agatha now . I guess that was a oversite on my part . Let you Know how the book club goes 0: )

Limbo
Lieutenant

#30 Post by Limbo »

Airwolf
Remington Steele
Baa Baa Black Sheep
The Equalizer
Hawaii Five 0 (the original of course)
THe Man from Atlantis
Person of Interest
LA Law
Alias
Mission Impossible
The man from uncle
Spenser for Hire
Star trek: Voyager
SWAT (70's series)
Stingray
Wiseguy
Very good Magnum-san, very good,but why do you care so much for his life?. I don't....I care for yours.