The Byrds of Paradise

1948-present

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

Gatchaman
Lieutenant Commander

The Byrds of Paradise

#1 Post by Gatchaman »

Did anyone watch this show on ABC in the spring of 1994? It was cancelled after 13 episode but had so much potential. It was the first real acting jobs for both Jennifer Love Hewitt and Seth Green, and also starred Timothy Busfield and Arlo Guthriie. What a shame it didn't get a chance

Commander of G-Force
Magnum's Secret Weapon

Sam
Fleet Admiral

Re: The Byrds of Paradise

#2 Post by Sam »

Gatchaman wrote:Did anyone watch this show on ABC in the spring of 1994? It was cancelled after 13 episode but had so much potential. It was the first real acting jobs for both Jennifer Love Hewitt and Seth Green, and also starred Timothy Busfield and Arlo Guthriie. What a shame it didn't get a chance

Hi Gatchaman...
If you're interested there are two episodes on YouTube

Pahonu
Robin's Nest Expert Extraordinaire

#3 Post by Pahonu »

Gatchaman wrote:Did anyone watch this show on ABC in the spring of 1994? It was cancelled after 13 episode but had so much potential. It was the first real acting jobs for both Jennifer Love Hewitt and Seth Green, and also starred Timothy Busfield and Arlo Guthriie. What a shame it didn't get a chance

I watched the pilot. If I remember correctly, the mom had died and they moved to Hawaii to start over. That's about all I remember, unfortunately. I don't even recall if I watched any more.

Gatchaman
Lieutenant Commander

#4 Post by Gatchaman »

Sam wrote: Hi Gatchaman...
If you're interested there are two episodes on YouTube
Thanks! I will definitely have to check those out. The theme song was awesome, and of course, written by Mike Post.
Commander of G-Force
Magnum's Secret Weapon

Gatchaman
Lieutenant Commander

#5 Post by Gatchaman »

Pahonu wrote:I watched the pilot. If I remember correctly, the mom had died and they moved to Hawaii to start over. That's about all I remember, unfortunately. I don't even recall if I watched any more.
Yes, that was how it started. They actually lived in New Haven, which is about 30 miles from me. They left in a blizzard and arrived in the warm sun of Hawaii. It totally appealed to me.
Commander of G-Force
Magnum's Secret Weapon