The Shield

1948-present

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

ConchRepublican
COZITV Magnum, P.I. SuperFan / Chief Barkeep - Flemingo Key

The Shield

#1 Post by ConchRepublican »

So, after bingeing all the shows I had missed in their original runs - S.O.A., Justified, Longmire - I was told I needed to see the one that really started them all - The Shield.

I just finished the last episode, what an incredible series! The Vic Mackey character, wow, talk about complicated.

And Walton Goggins, is there anything that guy is in that isn't great?

CCH Pounder also, fantastic.

Anyone else here a fan?
CoziTV Superfan spot
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPTmsykLQ04

308GUY
Fleet Admiral

Re: The Shield

#2 Post by 308GUY »

Is that the one with Michael Chiklis in the lead role?

Yea, I watched several eps. when it first aired. Pretty intense character!

Just to get an idea of his range as an actor...did you happen to see his portrayal of Curly in the Three Stooges movie?

Phenomenal! 8)
"C'mon TC...nothing can go wrong!"

ConchRepublican
COZITV Magnum, P.I. SuperFan / Chief Barkeep - Flemingo Key

Re: The Shield

#3 Post by ConchRepublican »

308GUY wrote:Is that the one with Michael Chiklis in the lead role?
That's the one! The guy who started, or at least became known, for the The Commish, hired a trainer and came back a few years later as a badass. Very complicated. The first episode introduces him in such a way you think there's no way you can support this guy, but then later throughout the series they peal back layers and at the same time build understanding. Until they circle back and remind you how he was first introduced, and how that can never go away. And that's just Mackey, everyone else goes through the ringer as well, no one comes out unscathed, even the most pure.
308GUY wrote:Just to get an idea of his range as an actor...did you happen to see his portrayal of Curly in the Three Stooges movie?

Phenomenal! 8)
I did not. It's amazing how talented some people can be. Walton Goggins went from Shane the sidekick who thinks he can be, and play the game, like Mackey in this series, to the antagonist in Justified, to a transvestite prostitute in Sons of Anarchy, and was convincing in each!
CoziTV Superfan spot
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPTmsykLQ04