Hill Street Blues

1948-present

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

MagnumILWU
Fleet Admiral

Hill Street Blues

#1 Post by MagnumILWU »

One of the greatest cop shows on TV! The stories, the cast , the characters! Just a hard, gritty, dramatic show. Capt Furillo, Hill and Renko, Sgt Esterhaus, Belker, and everyone else! Nothing like it, before or since! For about a four year run back in the early 80's, Thursday night was a great night for TV! Magnum at 8pm, Simon & Simon at 9pm, and Hill Street Blues at 10pm!
"pickled egg please"

KingKC
Fleet Admiral

Re: Hill Street Blues

#2 Post by KingKC »

MagnumILWU wrote:One of the greatest cop shows on TV! The stories, the cast , the characters! Just a hard, gritty, dramatic show. Capt Furillo, Hill and Renko, Sgt Esterhaus, Belker, and everyone else! Nothing like it, before or since! For about a four year run back in the early 80's, Thursday night was a great night for TV! Magnum at 8pm, Simon & Simon at 9pm, and Hill Street Blues at 10pm!
AMEN!!!!

Orrymain
Lieutenant Commander

Re: Hill Street Blues

#3 Post by Orrymain »

I was never a fan. It rarely appealed to me. I've seen most of the series, but it was mostly just a show to watch to pass the time. I think a big part of it was that I didn't like Travanti (too smug) and I didn't like the affair between his character and whatshername (long black hair is all I remember at this time of morning).

The main thing I liked about HSB happened on Cop Rock (anyone want to cop to watching that show besides me? lol) when James Sikking had a really short cameo in the opening segment of one episode that parodied the famous, "Let's be careful out there." Geez, now the song is running through my head. :}

Here's the link, for anyone brave enough to watch ... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gLm5Sn1cMyQ