Ellery Queen on Hulu Plus

1948-present

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

BWheelz54
Admiral

Ellery Queen on Hulu Plus

#1 Post by BWheelz54 »

I dropped my cable and instead picked up Hulu - saving a ton of dough. Anyway, searching through the shows offered, I found Mr. Hillerman's face on a screenshot of an episode of a show called "Ellery Queen" after I typed "Vincent Price" in the search bar - lol. So, I've watched the opening movie to the short-lived series I have learned aired around 1975, and Mr. Hillerman plays the character of a radio personality named Simon Brimmer. Simon is a kinda snarky cat, a rival to the show's protagonist, Ellery Queen. I SO enjoyed watching Mr. Hillerman display some of the flare in this first episode of Ellery Queen that he would later use with Higgins.

Looking up some info on Ellery Queen, it appears that Mr. Hillerman appears in eight of the episodes as his Simon Brimmer character. I am so excited to find another show with Mr. Hillerman playing a character a little reminiscent to Higgins - who, for whatever strange reason, just continues to be by far my favorite character on Magnum. I wanted to share this just in case anyone in this community wanted to check the show out on their Hulu account, and also because my wife can only succeed so much in understanding my obsession with all things Magnum, PI! :higgins: