Netflix

1948-present

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

Seaver41
Fleet Admiral

Netflix

#1 Post by Seaver41 »

just became a subscriber and I have to say I am loving it. Now I'm watching Magnum after Magnum without changing a disc.

One annoying thing I've noticed. Of course i had to sesrch for old tv shows and find that old ABC shows aren't there...at least all that I have looked for........and that they leave out episodes of ones that are in ......very annoying especially if the finale. I was a Quantum Leap fan and seeing it in there I wanted to see the last one.....but noooooooooooooo.

what's the deal that series have missing episodes?

Floyd Lewellyn
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Re: Netflix

#2 Post by Floyd Lewellyn »

The studios who own the copyright privileges will lease out rights to Netflix for certain shows and/or episodes thereby letting subscribers have access to them. Some of the studios are more lenient in leasing out rights to Netflix than others, which may account for the missing shows you've been looking for.

As for the single episode missing--it could just be an oversight (most likely) which should then be fixed; or else a ploy by the original copyright holders not to lease out that episode with the hope that people will go buy the DVD to see what they missed. I'd check back in a day or two--the Netflix show list is quite dynamic even from one day to the next.

I'm hoping that the contract Netflix has for Magnum PI doesn't expire soon because then I will be forced into purchasing DVD's of my missing seasons.
MAGNUM: "Your'e the guy who caused my accident!!...."

Seaver41
Fleet Admiral

Re: Netflix

#3 Post by Seaver41 »

not just Quantum Leap..a couple other shows I've searched have missing episodes...........I think I read somewhere it might have to do with music licenses within the episode.