Moderator: Styles Bitchley

grundle
Admiral

TV theme songs

#1 Post by grundle »

Frodoleader
Fleet Admiral

#2 Post by Frodoleader »

Nice job grundle! You put alot of work into this and I really enjoyed it. I agree about Monk. One question for you: Sharona or Natalie?
"You are three months at Dak Wei and still you crack jokes?" - Ivan

grundle
Admiral

#3 Post by grundle »

Frodoleader wrote:Nice job grundle! You put alot of work into this and I really enjoyed it. I agree about Monk. One question for you: Sharona or Natalie?

Thanks.

Natalie!

Luther's nephew Dobie
Fleet Admiral

Re:

#4 Post by Luther's nephew Dobie »

grundle wrote:
Frodoleader wrote:Nice job grundle! You put alot of work into this and I really enjoyed it. I agree about Monk. One question for you: Sharona or Natalie?
Thanks.
Natalie!
No no no, Natalie is too much of a goodie two shoes. Bitty Schram's Sharona is a "Broad", not in the demeaning sense but rather a down to earth Carol Lombard type that you sow your oats with when you are 20 then after 5 years you settle down with Natalie and attend PTA meetings. Later on when you are driving a car full of noisy kids down the Shore and Natalie is berating you on when you are going to paint the garage, Sharona reappears as a enigmatic smile on your kisser as you zone out and blissfully drive along in your own refuge, till Natalie demands what you are smiling at.
Besides, Bitty Schram hails from Mountainside, NJ, about 150 yards from my childhood house in Westfield. We had Schrams in our elementary school as well. You can't beat a Jersey Girl.

Razzmatazz
'In the Vortex of the Future
Of that cool Tomorrow Land,
We'll all wig there, play a gig there
In that great non-union band.

Scooba-do and Scooba-dabba.
Life's a gas and life's a grabba.
Hip is hip and groove is groovy.
Life's a wild Fellini movie.

And when that hairy fist of silence slugs us,
Bugs us, puts us down.
Hmm, we'll all wing it, we'll all sing it:
Guy Lombardo's back in town.'
                  ...The Hermit( a Beatnik on The Munsters)

KingKC
Fleet Admiral

Re:

#5 Post by KingKC »

Fantastic job grundle!!! The only one I didn't see that I really liked was Simon and Simon. And my vote goes for Natalie.

Chris109
Fleet Admiral

Re: Re:

#6 Post by Chris109 »

Luther's nephew Dobie wrote: You can't beat a Jersey Girl.
Um, yes, you can! The ones that I've met even demand it.

Luther's nephew Dobie
Fleet Admiral

#7 Post by Luther's nephew Dobie »

Chris109 wrote:
Luther's nephew Dobie wrote: You can't beat a Jersey Girl.
Um, yes, you can! The ones that I've met even demand it.
Chris, it is a scientific fact that Jersey tomatoes are the ripest, tastiest and juiciest in the entire world. And that goes for the vegetables by that name as well. I understand Queen Latifah and her posse of Meadow Soprano, Susan Sarandon and Roller Derby Queen of Ho-Ho-Kus, Heidi Higgins(Higgin's half sister) are even now tearing down the New Jersey Turnpike on their way to your home.
I suggest you flee to Hawaii, Artie Canoe and his wife with the frying pan will protect you for the right price. Or develop a overly posh English accent, marry Agatha Chumley and blend into the expatriate colony of Brits there. These aren't Boxley Girls on your tail, these are the real deal, the kind of women you pick up at 2 AM in one of the 600 Jersey diners that stay open up late.

"Badges? We ain't got no badges. We don't need no badges. I don't have to show you any stinking badges."
...Joe Friday, Dragnet
(Okay, it was really Alfonso Bedoya in The Treasure of the Sierra Madre)

Chris109
Fleet Admiral

Re: TV theme songs

#8 Post by Chris109 »

I went to UAlbany (SUNY, back then) back in the 80's. A direct quote from 2 of the JAPS (Jewish American Princesses):

#1: You from Juhsey? I'm from Juhsey!

#2: Really? What exit?

Those were the days.

btw. Is Susan Sarandon bringing her lemons?

Mr. Greene
Rear Admiral

#9 Post by Mr. Greene »

KingKC wrote:
Fantastic job grundle!!! The only one I didn't see that I really liked was Simon and Simon. And my vote goes for Natalie.

yes the original theme for Simon & Simon was the greatest. I believe it was by the Basher Brothers? I have never been able to find a good copy of it.

KingKC
Fleet Admiral

#10 Post by KingKC »

Another one I thought of was the theme for Hill Street Blues. On Thursday nights in the Eighties MPI, S&S and HSB were great back to back shows.

Chris109
Fleet Admiral

#11 Post by Chris109 »

"Mike Post Theme" by The Who

We're not strong enough
We're not young enough
We're not alone enough, or cold enough
Emotionally we're not even old enough

Late at night, we're in a video-game dream
There is no lover in this numbered scene
We summon every childhood ghost we've ever seen
Then suddenly we hear that Mike Post theme

Everything is all right
We've prayed today
Everything is OK
We've played today

Late at night on the underground train
Through endless suburbs in endless pain
Then deep in the tunnel under the London rain
Suddenly we hear Mike Post again

Everything is all right
We've prayed today
If there really is a God
We should be laid today

We watch those films
That make men cry
Young lovers kiss
Then fight and die
We start to yearn
We climb the vine
We have to face
The truth some time

We're not strong enough
We're not young enough
We're not alone enough, or cold enough
Emotionally we're not even old enough
For love...

But late at night we find the racing tame
We're faced with women and a reality game
We feel alive; we feel new and blind
We're hearing Mike Post in the air this time

Everything is all right
We've prayed today
If there really is a God
We should get laid today

There comes a time in every little punk's life
Where he has to write a song for his common-law wife
We make our women wait until they wanna scream
But we can always whistle that Mike Post theme

Everything is all right
We've prayed today
If there really is a God
We should get laid today

We watch those films
That make men cry
Young lovers kiss
Then fight and die
We start to yearn
We climb the vine
We have to face
The truth some time

Luther's nephew Dobie
Fleet Admiral

#12 Post by Luther's nephew Dobie »

Chris109 wrote:I went to UAlbany (SUNY, back then) back in the 80's. A direct quote from 2 of the JAPS (Jewish American Princesses):
Those were the days.
Chris,
"Juhsey"?
What strange tongue is that you speak? Your patois confounds me. It's rather the case that not one citizen from God's Own Country, Jersey, ever spoke that way, unless
they were putting you on.
This pronunciation myth all started with Joe Piscopo on Saturday Night Live in a early 1980's skit that caught on and was done tongue in cheek.
As well, people outside the North East confuse Fran "The Nanny" Dresher's Queens/JAP accent or Penny "Laverne" Marshall's pure Bronx for the regal and dulcet toned Jersey English aka Received Pronunciation.
For those who have never visited Jersey and whose entire knowledge of the state comes from viewing The Jersey Shore series, I would point out the inbred cast members are all New Yawkers (except for one refugee from Rhode Island).
They are the product of the NY State educational system so please do not mistake their accents as anything but their own as practiced on Staten Island or worse. One of them even now is about to enter prison for a nice stretch.

Alice Cook: Why did you quit, Tom?
Magnum: It was nothing earth-shattering. One day I woke up age 33, and realized I'd never been 23.

Chris109
Fleet Admiral

#13 Post by Chris109 »

Luther's nephew Dobie wrote:
Chris109 wrote:I went to UAlbany (SUNY, back then) back in the 80's. A direct quote from 2 of the JAPS (Jewish American Princesses):
Those were the days.
Chris,
"Juhsey"?
What strange tongue is that you speak? Your patois confounds me. It's rather the case that not one citizen from God's Own Country, Jersey, ever spoke that way, unless
they were putting you on.
This pronunciation myth all started with Joe Piscopo on Saturday Night Live in a early 1980's skit that caught on and was done tongue in cheek.
As well, people outside the North East confuse Fran "The Nanny" Dresher's Queens/JAP accent or Penny "Laverne" Marshall's pure Bronx for the regal and dulcet toned Jersey English aka Received Pronunciation.
For those who have never visited Jersey and whose entire knowledge of the state comes from viewing The Jersey Shore series, I would point out the inbred cast members are all New Yawkers (except for one refugee from Rhode Island).
They are the product of the NY State educational system so please do not mistake their accents as anything but their own as practiced on Staten Island or worse. One of them even now is about to enter prison for a nice stretch.
I know that when I head south along the Turnpike, Jesey goes on and on and on. That is until you hit Delaware. And will that bridge EVER get done? Seems like they always close down 2 lanes on the whole bridge just to fill in one freeking pothole.

And if Jersey is God's own country, he can keep it. But then, Jersey is proof there is no God.

The only reason I can think of why there is a Jersey is to put NY NFL teams there.

I'm sorry, I do not wish to offend any Jersey people. One of these days, you'll be released. :lol: