Walking Dead

1948-present

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

Seaver41
Fleet Admiral

Walking Dead

#1 Post by Seaver41 »

man this is good tv..........season 2 at holiday break till February. Real good stuff on what people do to survive. Any other watchers?

J.J. Walters
Founding Father

#2 Post by J.J. Walters »

The Walking Dead is one of my guilty pleasures! I absolutely love this show! I'm bummed that Frank Darabont left the show, but it's still quite good. I'm surprised that I like it so much because I'm not really a "zombie" guy. I never could get into any of the Romero movies or any of the other zombie movies or books (although I loved Stephen King's "Home Delivery" short story -- but then again I love almost everything Mr. King has done! I'm one of his "Constant Readers"), but for some reason this works for me. Great cast, great subplots, and I like the slow pace of it.

I missed yesterdays episode! I assume they finally entered the barn? Wait, don't tell me! ;)
Higgins: It's not a scratch! It's a bloody gouge!

Seaver41
Fleet Admiral

#3 Post by Seaver41 »

yeah, I'm no zombie lover myself......but this is a serious look at a genre usually spoofed or made to shock. This is a good drama with enough action to keep the blood pumping. TV people really hit on something when they started with these short run tv series......10 episodes or so. I find myself drawn to more and more of them (Warehouse 13, Mad Men, Falling Skies, and latest guilty pleasure-Terra Nova). AMC is really producing good tv. I never got into Breaking Bad, but I understand it is good stuff.