The Six Million Dollar Man

1948-present

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

Little Garwood
Fleet Admiral

Re: The Six Million Dollar Man

#21 Post by Little Garwood »

I still haven't finished S2 (still have a few left) but I skipped ahead to the start of S3 and I was not disappointed! Not even with the Sonny Bono episode which is MUCH better than I would imagine possible(!) It somehow managed to balance potential silliness--something it would not do as well later--with the adventure part of the story. The idea of Steve and Sonny in college together is insanely hilarious to me, though!

"The Price of Liberty"- another good balance, except it's with those disgruntled with the country and Steve, who had a sense of the "bigger picture" of the nation and its flaws. Lee Majors was never going to be Brando or Olivier, but there were times when he was surprisingly effective at emoting and doing it well. He's convincing in his arguments with the Lindstrom character (Chuck Connors) and in "The Return of the Bionic Woman", with his rage at being kept in the dark over Jamie's fate and with his subsequent crushing devastation at her memory loss and interest in the scientist, Michael, played by Richard Lenz.
"Popularity is the pocket change of history."

~Tom Selleck