Me TV

1948-present

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

Frodoleader
Fleet Admiral

Me TV

#1 Post by Frodoleader »

A local TV station has changed their retro TV provider. They used to have Retro TV (RTV) but have switched to Me TV. What a difference! RTV made a change to their line-up and what crap it was! A lot of shows from the 50's, etc. And ones I had never heard of.
Now Me TV offers some classics: MASH, Mary Tyler Moore, Dick Van Dyke, plus we have the Rockford Files again. They also run the original Star Trek on Saturday nights: these are the ones where all the special effects were re-done to "modern" standards.
So, overall our TV options were expanded. But no MPI!!
"You are three months at Dak Wei and still you crack jokes?" - Ivan

AmandaByNight
Fleet Admiral

#2 Post by AmandaByNight »

I watch MeTV almost every night. Love Mary Tyler Moore and I set aside 2 hours every Sunday to watch Columbo (even though I have most of them).

I would like to see Magnum on here as well, sandwiched in with Kojak, Rockford and Hawaii 5-0!

I don't know what happened to Retro TV but I think they lost a lot of affiliates and audiences within the last year or so. What a disappointment.

AmandaByNight
Fleet Admiral

#3 Post by AmandaByNight »

Oh, and we just moved and lost Antenna TV, but wow, that station is amazing.

Steve
Fleet Admiral

#4 Post by Steve »

ME-TV is out of Chicago
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Me-TV
and I am glad they are expanding nationwide.
They actually have five stations going now in Chicago but ME-TV and ME-TOO are the main ones with one usually concentratiing on comedies and the other on drama and action but they do bleed over. Magnum is on Me-Too only on Sunday's right now but keep an eye out, when they started airing Magnum daily a few years ago they showed every episode in exact order. They also occasionally have a month dedicated to top ten shows of many popular series and when they did the Magnum marathon the shows they picked could have come right from this web site (I e-mailed the program director to thank him for showing the episodes in order and sent him a link to this site and am pretty sure he uses it). An incredible station that even shows old commercials and a pretty good web site as well.

Frodoleader
Fleet Admiral

#5 Post by Frodoleader »

One final thought from me regarding Me TV: I noticed the video & sound quality of shows on Me TV is much superior to RTV. On RTV some shows were almost unwatchable due to poor visual and sound quality.
"You are three months at Dak Wei and still you crack jokes?" - Ivan