Firefly

1948-present

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

zebra3
Fleet Admiral

Firefly

#1 Post by zebra3 »

So I couldn't find a page for my favorite show of all time, Firefly. So this one's for all those Browncoats out there. Any discussion about favorite episodes, I can provide a wealth of interesting anecdotes as I've made it my business to know everything possible about the show, and have a few collectible items from it. I know there's some die hard firefly and serenity fans out there.

FOR THOSE WHO DO KNOW KNOW OF FIREFLY AND SERENITY:

FIREFLY was a 2003 Space Western created by Joss Whedon. It starred Nathan Fillion (Castle), Alan Tudyk, (Dodgeball), Summer Glau (Terminator), and others. It centered around a group of people who did odd jobs out on the frontier-like outer planets, mostly because they all had things they were running from, pasts and people. Many of those odd jobs were illegal, and they did their best to stay out of the alliance's (gov't.) way.
The main theme of the show was that these people just wanted to keep flying. Just wanted to survive another day, free in the greatest possible way they can be free.
SERENITY was the 2006 sequel to the show, released after outrage of FOX's cancellation, after the show didn't produce big numbers for them, due to multiple reasons, the least of which would be FOX airing it after baseball games or not at all, and the network demanding more action from Whedon, who wanted it to be a character study.
The movie wrapped up most loose ends and was a satisfying conclusion to the story, however, most people would kill to see the characters going about their business again in some sort of way. Note that there are comic books that continue this story, most of them are very well written.
"Burn the land and boil the sea, but you can't take the sky from me."

Waltstasz
Admiral

#2 Post by Waltstasz »

Love Firefly and Serenity! Great show.
My darling, you look ravishing... A-heh, heh heh... A little champagne?

steveadl
Fleet Admiral

#3 Post by steveadl »

Brilliant show, damn shame the cut it so short! Movie was a nice way to finish it, glad Joss Whedon got it made.

It's been a while since I've watched the series and movie, been meaning to go through it again. However from memory, the one thing that bugged me was - the movie never resolved who The Preacher really was?

It was intimated a few times including by the assassin "that 'aint no preacher". But they left him out of the movie.