Archer

1948-present

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

Steve
Fleet Admiral

Archer

#1 Post by Steve »

The latest episode of Archer on the F/X network has a nod to Magnum, PI and specifically, "Did You See The Sunrise" at the end of the episode....................

Waltstasz
Admiral

#2 Post by Waltstasz »

Yes! :lol: I can't find a clip or I'd post it. Hilarious and a great Magnum reference. haha
My darling, you look ravishing... A-heh, heh heh... A little champagne?

J.J. Walters
Founding Father

#3 Post by J.J. Walters »

What do they say about the episode?
Higgins: It's not a scratch! It's a bloody gouge!

Steve
Fleet Admiral

#4 Post by Steve »

J.J. Walters wrote:What do they say about the episode?
I really don't want to say but would rather you see a clip, which for some reason are not appearing anywhere yet. It does have something to do with Archer's breast cancer, fake and stolen cancer drugs, Regis and Kelly and the following from Magnum, pi...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vXa9wipv6j8

J.J. Walters
Founding Father

#5 Post by J.J. Walters »

I just read up on Archer. It looks like a really good show! Sort of James Bond meets Jonny Quest (with some Squidbillies "sickness" thrown in for good measure). My kind of cartoon. :)

Saw the clip of the ending. Nice little homage there to MPI! I bet most Archer fans won't get the reference though.

Mr. Greene
Rear Admiral

#6 Post by Mr. Greene »

i dont generally get into the cartoons but this show is hilarious cant get enough i hope they keep this show going a long time

Steve
Fleet Admiral

#7 Post by Steve »

Mr. Greene wrote:i dont generally get into the cartoons but this show is hilarious cant get enough i hope they keep this show going a long time
I agree, it really hooked me in. I think Archer might have even bypassed Magnum on the number of times he has been shot, and, has done it in less than two seasons and for the most part without any signs of scars.........LOL!

Mr. Greene
Rear Admiral

#8 Post by Mr. Greene »

If you look close at he scene of the last episode of season 1 where he is on the table tied down you can see a scar on his foot where Lana shot him. It took me a couple times but it is there so thumbs up to the continuity guys

Waltstasz
Admiral

#9 Post by Waltstasz »

Finally a clip is up on Youtube. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ow09A742JE
My darling, you look ravishing... A-heh, heh heh... A little champagne?

J.J. Walters
Founding Father

#10 Post by J.J. Walters »

I just started watching Archer recently on Netflix. I plowed through the first two seasons in two weeks (with no commercials). Great, great show! A little too over-the-top at times, but great nonetheless! I can't believe they get away with some of the things they show. :)

Anyway, I just saw the whole episode of "Placebo Effect". The whole ending is straight from "Did You See the Sunrise" with just a few minor changes. Loved it! "I had your mother for three months at Duc Hue. You should have seen what she did with those pearls." Archer throws up. LOL!

In the denouement, when watching Archer's "Terms of Enrampagement", Cyril says something like, "I don't think you should call it [the tape] Magnum P.U." At least I think that's what he said. :)

Steve
Fleet Admiral

#11 Post by Steve »

I'm wonderng if it is wrong to have a crush on an animated character (Lana Cane) but then I am old enough to recall reading Archie comics just for the incredible proportions of Betty and Veronica...LOL!

Braddah Kimo
Fleet Admiral

#12 Post by Braddah Kimo »

Fixations on comic book and animated characters are ay okay while in formative yout'. But as adults, methinks it wise to grow out of the need or want of cartoon 'stimuli'.

J.J. Walters
Founding Father

#13 Post by J.J. Walters »

Pam.

LOL!

The Birdman
Vice Admiral

#14 Post by The Birdman »

Pam, the blonde BBW, is my favorite. For some reason I just really like chicks like her.

J.J. Walters
Founding Father

Re: Archer

#15 Post by J.J. Walters »

Just finished Season Three. This show has now moved into my Top 10 shows of all-time. Love, love, love it!

Am I reading this right? The current season (Season Five) has revamped the show as Archer Vice, with the characters embarking on a life of crime as they attempt to sell a ton of cocaine!!? It's sounds so wrong, yet oddly it makes perfect sense! Jesus, only a show like Archer could pull something like this off. Can't wait until it makes its way to Netflix! :)