Justified

1948-present

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

gmt16750
Captain

Justified

#1 Post by gmt16750 »

Strangely i didn't see any reference to this great serie.
I loved Terriers too - how could they axe it?!!?!- and you talked about it but not a thread about Justifed.
I am positively surprised by this Kentucky US marshall adventures, the wide-ranging characters and the different plots.
Is there any Magnum fan following this show?
Agatha: Why does he always do that, Jonathan?
Higgins: I don't know, Agatha. I think sometimes our creator is testing me. Indeed it could be for no other reason. If i thought otherwise i believe i truly would go irrevocably irretrievably mad!

Mr. Greene
Rear Admiral

#2 Post by Mr. Greene »

i've been following it since the first episode, this is a great show. just hope they dont try to water down the lead character, Raylan,

J.J. Walters
Founding Father

#3 Post by J.J. Walters »

Looks good! I'll have to check it out sometime. You can't go wrong with Elmore Leonard characters!
Higgins: It's not a scratch! It's a bloody gouge!

gmt16750
Captain

#4 Post by gmt16750 »

Mr. Greene wrote:i've been following it since the first episode, this is a great show. just hope they dont try to water down the lead character, Raylan,
Raylan has some similitude with Magnum's good guy spirit, mixed with some reluctant violence.
I was first afraid and waited a long time before having a look at it, thinking this would be the usual cliché (trigger-happy celebration of a Kentucky blending together deep south and middle west mentalities).
Timothy Olyphant and Walton Goggins are very convincing, and the rythm of the episodes is just perfect.
Agatha: Why does he always do that, Jonathan?
Higgins: I don't know, Agatha. I think sometimes our creator is testing me. Indeed it could be for no other reason. If i thought otherwise i believe i truly would go irrevocably irretrievably mad!

Steve
Fleet Admiral

#5 Post by Steve »

I love the show. Timothy Olyphant has become one of my favorite actors since the days when he played Bullock on Deadwood. You also can't go wrong with any movies or show with Nick Searcy in it. FX has some great series on it what with Justified, Archer, Sons of Anarchy, Always Sunny in Philadelphia, The League, etc., etc...........

MagnumILWU
Fleet Admiral

Re: Justified

#6 Post by MagnumILWU »

I love everything about this series! The stories and characters are great! I want Raylan's hat. I even make my own "Apple Pie"! Remember, you'll never get out of Harlan alive!
"pickled egg please"

ConchRepublican
COZITV Magnum, P.I. SuperFan / Chief Barkeep - Flemingo Key

#7 Post by ConchRepublican »

(Re)Watching the season 4 finale of Justified "Ghosts" and there's a nice parallel to Did You See the Sunrise? as Raylan is in the lino talking with Nicky Augustine.

Really just an all time classic series.
CoziTV Superfan spot
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPTmsykLQ04

Steve
Fleet Admiral

#8 Post by Steve »

ConchRepublican wrote:(Re)Watching the season 4 finale of Justified "Ghosts" and there's a nice parallel to Did You See the Sunrise? as Raylan is in the lino talking with Nicky Augustine.

The show is in my all time 10 best (funny that more than a few of them were or are on FX). By the way, that show sold me on Walton Goggins being a national treasure....

ConchRepublican
COZITV Magnum, P.I. SuperFan / Chief Barkeep - Flemingo Key

#9 Post by ConchRepublican »

Steve wrote:
ConchRepublican wrote:(Re)Watching the season 4 finale of Justified "Ghosts" and there's a nice parallel to Did You See the Sunrise? as Raylan is in the lino talking with Nicky Augustine.

The show is in my all time 10 best (funny that more than a few of them were or are on FX). By the way, that show sold me on Walton Goggins being a national treasure....
I worked backwards . . . S.O.A., then Justified, then Longmire, then The Shield, then finally The Wire. Walton Goggins is indeed excellent in both Justified and The Shield. His guest role in S.O.A. was wild!
CoziTV Superfan spot
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPTmsykLQ04

NotthatRick
Admiral

#10 Post by NotthatRick »

Justified is my SECOND favorite TV series of all time. I am sure everyone here can guess my favorite. :)